DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Offseason thread

Ya, because his playing career makes for a good resume for head coach? Nah... Get hired as an assistant somewhere for a little while at least.

Mark Jackson got hired with like literally no coaching experience ever beyond talking with JVG on ESPN broadcasts, lol. But I seriously doubt the Nets hire Kidd as head coach, even the lolNets aren't THAT stupid.

Right? :unsure:

Ya, but how many years was Mark Jackson retired before getting hired a couple of years ago? He had years of work as an analyst I am not sure on the length of time, but I know it was more than a week. lol.

The Grizzlies are so fucking stupid.

This. Makes. No. Sense.

Wow. Just wow. Clearly, they're not interested in winning.

lolololololololololololololol

Tennessee isn't allowed to have a winning sports team. It had to happen.

Guest Phailadelphia

That front office gets Memphis from doodoo to WCF in 4 years but they don't want to win. Okay.

Based on their recent track record, they should be getting the benefit of the doubt.

That front office gets Memphis from doodoo to WCF in 4 years but they don't want to win. Okay.

Based on their recent track record, they should be getting the benefit of the doubt.

This owner(Pera) and Hollinger have been here all of 1 season.

Hell, Hollinger hasn't even been here a full season. Chris Wallace(The GM), has been right along side Hollins in the moves he's made prior to this year.

This front office hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt.

There's ABSOLUTELY NO logical explanation behind firing a man who has went from:

.333 the year he took over(only 39 games though)

.488 the year after that

.561 the year after that, bringing Memphis it's first ever playoff series win, taking the Thunder to game 7 after that.

.621 the year after that, losing in 7 games to the Clippers in round 1.

.683 this year, reaching the WCF, and while being swept 4-0, the last 3 games all came down to the end.

How many coaches in NBA history took over a team that went 24-58(the year he took over midway), and had that much of an improvement year after year? Memphis was considered one of, if not THE worst franchise in the NBA when he took over. No one gave them any sort of shot to compete for anything for quite a while..and they're in the playoffs in just 2 years, and the WCF in just 4.

Cavs are exploring a trade for Danny Granger. If he has recovered from his knee injury this wouldn't be bad.

@hoopscritic

Sources confirmed to me that Jason Kidd has been offered the head coaching job with the Brooklyn Nets. The Nets would not confirm or deny

I don't know how reliable this guy is but man that'd be a quick turnaround.

You are equating their success to people who don't play the game. Foolish.

Guest Phailadelphia

You are equating their success to people who don't play the game. Foolish.

Who made the moves to put those players on the floor? And don't say it was Hollins. If there's any evidence he doesn't have authority on personnel Rudy Gay would not have been traded.

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

Brian Shaw and Patrick Ewing have been assistant coaches for years but Jason Kidd gets a HC gig 2 weeks after retirement. This is why we can't have nice things, NBA.

• Upvote 1

Jason Kidd and the fat man are very close friends, could get ugly... lol. Obviously I'm gonna be rooting for him, but the whole thing about transitioning from player to coach with almost no reflection time isn't the best idea when you join a win-no mentality team...

Los Angeles Celtics featuring Chris Paul and Blake Griffin!

Brian Shaw was hired as the coach of the Denver Nuggets on Monday night, securing his first NBA head coaching job after nearly a decade as an assistant.

Shaw confirmed that he had been hired by Denver during an exclusive interview with ESPNLosAngeles.com's Ramona Shelburne.

"I'm so appreciative for the opportunity to be able to lead this team and for the faith that [Nuggets team president] Josh Kroenke and [general manager] Tim Connelly have put in me," Shaw told Shelburne. "It's been a long time coming. I've been prepared by the best of the best for a long time. I'm just really looking forward to it."

Shaw will replace George Karl, the NBA's reigning Coach of the Year who led the Nuggets to a 57-win regular season but was fired following Denver's opening-round elimination in the playoffs.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9419087/denver-nuggets-agree-hire-brian-shaw-head-coach

SO much for Hollins...

Marc Stein: Cash and draft considerations in exchange for Doc? Separate trades for Garnett and Pierce without surrendering Blake Griffin? All do-able.

Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#2GdC6w4foZztyMME.99

I guess the Clippers wanna get old as hell.

They already were this past season. Did you see their laughable bench?

I just hope we don't hire some dumbfuck.

Hollins isn't getting that much love as a FA coach, makes you wonder if NBA teams think he is overrated.

Cavs want Pierce, they tried trading for Lamarcus Alridge. Hope we don't impatient with the rebuilding project :sigh:

There really shouldn't be that much more rebuilding for Cleveland, they have Kyrie and another #1 overall pick coming in. They should at least compete for the 8th seed this year.

There really shouldn't be that much more rebuilding for Cleveland, they have Kyrie and another #1 overall pick coming in. They should at least compete for the 8th seed this year.

You wouldn't have a #1 or #19 if they traded for Alridge. They would also lose a lot of cap space.