DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Offseason thread

You wouldn't have a #1 or #19 if they traded for Alridge. They would also lose a lot of cap space.

Aldridge is better than anyone the Cavs could take at #1 though. Kyrie/Aldridge/Waiters/Thompson is a solid enough core to be a playoff team in the East.

Aldridge is better than anyone the Cavs could take at #1 though. Kyrie/Aldridge/Waiters/Thompson is a solid enough core to be a playoff team in the East.

It would be a bad trade for both teams imo. We still need to build more our core and depth. We will probably take Alex Len #1 and try to move up for the guy from Russia. I wouldn't care if we some how landed Pierce for our 2nd rounders though. Though he would probably retire before coming here.

I saw somewhere that if Cavs want Pierce, we'll trade him for #1 pick only. Good luck with that, Ainge.

I saw somewhere that if Cavs want Pierce, we'll trade him for #1 pick only. Good luck with that, Ainge.

:rofl:

If the Cavs did somehow land Pierce and sign Horford, we would have a pretty good starting lineup. Then whatever we do with our other picks is just a luxury.

Guest Phailadelphia

:rofl:

If the Cavs did somehow land Pierce and sign Horford, we would have a pretty good starting lineup. Then whatever we do with our other picks is just a luxury.

Is Horford a free agent? I would LOVE for OKC to pick him up but I don't think they can afford him.

Read somewhere OKC has interest in the pick, not sure they have any assets outside of the young players that they didn't play this past season.

The Blazers would be failing in epic proportions if they traded away LMA for this year's 1st, and the 19th pick doesn't even come close to compensating the difference.

As long as we end up with either Shabazz or CJ I'm a happy camper.

Is Horford a free agent? I would LOVE for OKC to pick him up but I don't think they can afford him.

Damn he isn't. Dunno why I thought he was. He is locked up long term. :facepalm:

Guest Phailadelphia

Read somewhere OKC has interest in the pick, not sure they have any assets outside of the young players that they didn't play this past season.

The Blazers would be failing in epic proportions if they traded away LMA for this year's 1st, and the 19th pick doesn't even come close to compensating the difference.

As long as we end up with either Shabazz or CJ I'm a happy camper.

http://dailythunder.com/2013/06/report-thunder-are-being-proactive-to-get-no-1-pick/

Yup. OKC and Portland are "proactive" in trying to take the top pick. If OKC nabs it then takes Noel or Len? Oh mannnnnnn. Thursday just got a lot more interesting.

http://dailythunder.com/2013/06/report-thunder-are-being-proactive-to-get-no-1-pick/

Yup. OKC and Portland are "proactive" in trying to take the top pick. If OKC nabs it then takes Noel or Len? Oh mannnnnnn. Thursday just got a lot more interesting.

I'm not sure who the Thunder could even give up to make it worth the #1 pick, unless it was a 3 team trade.

None of the players they mentioned interest me.

Edited by Bucman

Guest Phailadelphia

I'm not sure who the Thunder could even give up to make it worth the #1 pick, unless it was a 3 team trade.

None of the players they mentioned interest me.

Like Royce Young said in the posted link, Jeremy Lamb would be a top-8 pick in this draft if he'd waited another year. AND he's been developing in the Thunder's D-league program. Combined with the 12th & 29th picks and OKC has very real trade value. Lots of potential in Perry Jones too.

I don't think Cleveland would give up the top pick for all 4 of those phail. I don't think OKC has any major assets worth trading (other than Durant and Westbrook, but I bet they're safe).

I want Perkins gone and a scrappy, rebounding center to take his place. Cole Aldrich looked the part with the Kings at the end of the year. Maybe they'll be stupid and let him go. My girlfriend and I were high on the guy after we went to a couple games last April. Good thing we traded him. :sigh:

I never liked perkins.

Its going to be damn near impossible to trade Perkins with his contract.

Also :

Cleveland offered New Orleans this year’s top overall pick in exchange for point guard Greivis Vasquez, the No. 6 overall pick and a 2014 first-round pick, according to sources. The Cavaliers, like most teams, would love to acquire an additional first-round pick for the 2014 NBA Draft since that draft class is expected to be one of the most talented in recent memory. No word on whether New Orleans has expressed interest in such a deal. HoopsWorld

Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#YM3I03arbueWlAZF.99

I watch Okc mainly because they're in my state and my family and friends like em. But I've been a Hornets(Now Pelicans) fan since Cp3's 2nd year.

I like Vasquez. And don't like the trade idea. give up 3 players( or more trade options) for one guy? I don't know much about this years draft though.

But I can't wait to watch Austin Rivers vs Doc! I know they played last year when Doc was with Boston, but this year should have more meaning!

OKC wants Len. I was wondering why they want to trade up...

If they can do it without losing Durant, Westbrook, or Ibaka...sign me the fuck up.

If they can do it without losing Durant, Westbrook, or Ibaka...sign me the fuck up.

I'm going purely based off speculation. But Len is likely doing #1 and Cavs would be silly not to ask for Ibaka in the move up.

Guest Phailadelphia

Draft Day nonsense: Boston and Brooklyn are discussing a deal that would send Pierce + KG to Brooklyn for...I have no idea. And Dwight Howard is unlikely to re-sign with the Lakers because he doesn't like playing with Kobe. Don't think he likes playing for D'Antoni either. Frontrunners are currently Houston and Dallas.

Draft Day nonsense: Boston and Brooklyn are discussing a deal that would send Pierce + KG to Brooklyn for...I have no idea. And Dwight Howard is unlikely to re-sign with the Lakers because he doesn't like playing with Kobe. Don't think he likes playing for D'Antoni either. Frontrunners are currently Houston and Dallas.

Howard is a huge crybaby. Dunno how you could possibly not like playing with Kobe. Maybe because Kobe is the first person in his career to hold him accountable :shrug:.

Guest Phailadelphia

That was the rumor. Apparently the real reason, according to Laker Nation, is that he doesn't like D'Antoni's system nor does he like Lakers fans.

That was the rumor. Apparently the real reason, according to Laker Nation, is that he doesn't like D'Antoni's system nor does he like Lakers fans.

Can't blame him for D'Antoni's system, Howard is a pretty good defender and they really don't play much D in that system.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m

Oklahoma City has to be frightening Atlanta with threat of selecting Greece's Giannis Adetokunbo at No. 12. Hawks have long wanted him.

I dunno if thats a good idea for the Thunder. According to this article he isn't ready to play, and the Thunder need some help now.

Guest Phailadelphia

RT @WojYahooNBA Oklahoma City is pushing hard for a deal with Orlando to secure the No. 2 pick and draft Indiana's Victor Oladipo, league sources tell Y!