Sign in to follow this  
butta54

Roddy White vs. Julio Jones

6 members have voted

1. 1. Better Receiver?

I think this debate was going to be inevitable every since the Falcons gave up a hefty sized prize in the draft to move up and take Jones. Lately with all the rankings of positions and 2013 anticipation that comes with the off-season, I have been consistently hearing Julio being mentioned as the better receiver. While I'm not decided on what I think just yet I wanted to hear some opinions.

Who is the better all-around receiver? Feel free to take past production and 2013 season potential into consideration.

As of right now. Roddy is the better receiver. Roddy is still the #1 receiver on the Falcons. People can say what they want but he has been consistently good for about 6 years. The only reason people can put Julio over Roddy is based of potential. Julio has not had a better season the Roddy yet so there is no basis of reasoning how Julio is better than Roddy unless you're basing it strictly off potential. If this were a draft, I'd take Julio based off potential. But as of right now and the past two seasons Julio has been in the league, Roddy has been the better receiver. However, this may be the year that Julio surpasses Roddy but until it happens, he's still the second best WR on the Falcons.

• Upvote 1

Roddy White is the more well rounded receiver, but he's one of the more complete receivers in the league.

But I'd take Julio, even at this point he's a much bigger headache for defenses then Roddy.

Basically what Dutch said. Roddy has been laying the smackdown to defenses since before Julio came along, no doubt. He's definitely right now the more complete receiver. But if we are just talking game impact, I'm taking Julio. So much more talent with Julio Jones, he's already a monster for defensive backs to go up against and he has so much room to still improve.

I like them both, but I think this year Julio will finally overtake Roddy on the field.

Julios rookie season he was dealing with a hamstring injury all year, this past season he was healthy. Julio is the scary threat, Roddy is the production. I still believe that when this year is said and done, Julio will be the clear better of the two. That being said, I'm not hating on Roddy. I love me some Rowdy.

Edited by Rain Man

People constantly overlook Roddy White,some don't even list him as a top 10 receiver. Roddy is one of,if not the most consistent receivers in the game. Those numbers above justify that.

• Upvote 2

People constantly overlook Roddy White,some don't even list him as a top 10 receiver. Roddy is one of,if not the most consistent receivers in the game. Those numbers above justify that.

People have been doing that even before Julio hit the scene with the Falcons. Since Roddy White matured and actually started playing to his talent, he's easily been a top 10 receiver without a doubt. There are so many people that counted him out. They had no excuse other than that he was the only target in Atlanta. Now with Julio there everyone is still counting him out and their excuse is the exact opposite, "Well, there are so many other weapons so it's easier for Roddy to produce" is what most are saying now. It makes no sense.

I also think that people over look Roddy simply because of the amount of talent Julio has. Everyone talks more about Julio now so of course Roddy becomes some what of an under dog. Both the guys are awesome, Roddy has been a top 10 receiver since 2007. The way he became what he has is pretty amazing too. He was easily one of the most lazy guys I've ever seen come out of the draft. Todd McClure told stories about Roddy White shoving McDonalds cheeseburgers in his mouth just before practice in his rookie season. Vick went to prison and it was like the lights just turned on. Suddenly we saw the talent on the field that we all saw during his college days. The guy is a freak.