BLUE

Patriots sign Tim Tebow

Per Rotoworld.com:

Patriots signed QB Tim Tebow, formerly of the Jets.

To clear roster space, they waived Mike Kafka, paving the way for Tebow to win New England's third-string quarterback job behind Tom Brady and Ryan Mallett. Tebow will be at Patriots minicamp on Tuesday. The connection is obvious; OC Josh McDaniels traded up for Tebow at the 25th overall pick while running the Broncos' football operations in 2010. We're assuming Tebow will primarily play quarterback, but he could also be tried at H-back or tight end while Rob Gronkowski (arm, back) rehabs. Of course, we won't hold our breath for McDaniels and Bill Belichick to reveal their specific plans. Jun 10 - 5:06 PM

Source: Ed Werder on Twitter

No, set aside all jokes, if anyone could find if there is a place for Tebow in the NFL, it would be Belichick. This will be interesting to follow.

• Upvote 2

Again

WHOOOO HOOOOOOOOO

TIMMY!!!!!!!!!!

:party:

Congrats!!!!

36d09b84af7f2754c1e22c15174df90c_large_zps8d02d121.gif
  • Upvote 1

Damn,SportsCenter is already full of LeBron talk. I don't need Tebow talk.

honestly, if Belichick can talk Tebow out of playing QB (which is a big if since nobody else has been able to) I think he could do a lot for the Patriot's offense, if not he's not making the regular season roster as anything better than the 3d QB

Well, this was a surprise today. I'll be interested to see how this all shapes up and turns out heading toward camp.

this is really not a big deal and it pisses me off that people care so much about him.

• Upvote 1

Per Rotoworld.com:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen confirms Tim Tebow will be a quarterback with the Patriots.

Per Mort, Tebow will enter Tuesday's minicamp as New England's third-string QB, behind Tom Brady and Ryan Mallett. Despite previous rumors otherwise, Tebow is not being tried at tight end, although it would be in Tebow's best interests to be open to playing any position. He's avoided trying tight end in the past. Obviously, Tebow is not going to be a major threat for playing time behind future Hall of Famer Brady and young, strong-armed backup Mallett. The Pats may be simply kicking the tires on the former Josh McDaniels draft pick. Jun 10 - 5:49 PM

Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter

Ryan Mallet has #15 right? QB CONTROVERSY!!

Who am I kidding... Belichick don't play that shit.

qWCkLdT.jpg

• Upvote 1

And the saga continues.

My guess is they'll develop him up then trade him off. Pats invest in potential future trades better than any team in the NFL. Plus they're doing it for way cheaper than McDaniels did the first time.

Of course the Pats sign him. It's also hilarious that he still won't play anything other than QB. I hope he's not rewarded by his stubbornness.

Yes this will be very intresting to watch but i feel there wont be much Tebow time in New England other than sidelines and off the field interviews. Don't understand why Bill brought the circus to town but i've come to learn and respect everything this man does. One of the best to be in the organization. Seems like he never has wasted talent and when he does there not in New England very long.

LoL..oh lawd! Leave it to Belichick to make an out-of-the-box move. He’s going to get something out of Tebow. Watch and see! :clap:

Best believe I'll be ordering this bad boy tomorrow...

slaytee.jpg

• Upvote 2

As a fan, I like this signing. 3rd stringer who can contribute to trick/unconventional plays for the Pats. Good no nonsense place with some of the best tutelage you could ask for for Tebow. Good things can come from mutually beneficial situations. Although I imagine he'll morph into a cheap draft pick over the next few years.