BLUE

Patriots sign Tim Tebow

The NFL is fucked now. God and the Devil are rooting for the same team.

:yep::panic:

:(

Edited by Jules

It was leaked that BB hated Tebow as a player... He probably just signed him to mess with the heads of the press. I'd be surprised if he made the final 53.

Or the leak was inaccurate.

I realize that's a tiny possibility, but it's there. :p

BREAKING NEWS: PATRIOTS COACH Bill Belichick attributes his signing of maligned "quarterback" Tim Tebow to his recently rediscovered Christian faith. "I won't be kneeling in demonstration any time soon, but I do find it likely that some of his practice passes will have me scratching my head. Whether I'm kneeling or not, I guess that'll depend on the heat," Belichick said in a statement regarding the signing. The Patriots had a gaping need at third string, never-see-the-field quarterback, and Tebow looks to be a late preseason cut at this point.

For the record, I stand by my original assertion that Belichick has told many people in the Patriots' organization that he's not a Tebow fan. After Belichick's strong denial last Friday, the same source weighed in with an even more forceful rebuttal, insisting that the coach was "so full of it" and that Belichick's Tebow-bashing was commonplace at the team's facility.

-- Michael Silver, Yahoo!

The good news is that the Patriots wont' be going anywhere if they are going to take Brady off the field in favor of Tebow. :laugh:

Tim Tebow to wear No. 5 with New England Patriots

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000210782/article/tim-tebow-to-wear-no-5-with-new-england-patriots?campaign=Facebook_atl_sessler

For those of you holding your breath for this brand of data: Tim Tebow will wear No. 5. on the New England Patriots.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that the quarterback -- who has donned No. 15 since his playing days at University of Florida -- will switch things up with the Patriots. But it's not an entirely new deal, as Tebow once wore No. 5 during his high school career at Nease High in Florida.

Standing in the way of Tebow wearing No. 15 with the Patriots is backup passer Ryan Mallett. And standing in the way of Tebow making a significant dent on the football field is backup passer Ryan Mallett.

Love the Jets fans thinking Tebow is going to tear the Jets apart in the Patriots/Jets game. Not happening.

Tim Tebow to wear No. 5 with New England Patriots

Fucking wigger Mallett.

Love the Jets fans thinking Tebow is going to tear the Jets apart in the Patriots/Jets game. Not happening.

Tebow will run the wildcat late in the 4th for the go ahead score to beat the Jets in Week 2. :smug:

BB will have Tebow run one in on the Jets or at least try to. You know he's going to show off.

We'll see if he even makes the roster. I don't see why we need to carry 3 QBs on the team. BB is big on being versatile so if he can do multiple things then he will make it. He'll need to be a backup QB, a TE or FB on running plays, and a RB/passer on fake punts or something.

Tebow is not going to be taking snaps away from Brady in meaningful situations at all though.

Should I rename the thread to "Tebow discussion thread" or should I wait till we get to page 3?

I'd just leave it as is.

Edited by BLUE

Well, it's not like Tebow can give the Pats any information on the Jets offense -- because they don't have one. And as I said in the shoutbox, I would be pretty surprised to see him make the roster. Tebow has repeatedly refused to play another position, and the Patriots seem more than content with Tom and Ryan at QB.

Jets are still paying for Tebow more than the Pats are :rofl:

As we close in on the one-week anniversary of the unexpected news that the Patriots have signed Tim Tebow, everything to be said about the move has been said.

And then some.

Except one thing: The Jets will pay more for Tebow in 2013 than the Patriots will in 2013 and 2014 combined.

Connecting the dots was Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com. The Jets owe the Broncos $1.53 million in salary that was advanced to Tebow in 2011. The Patriots owe Tebow $1.36 million, if they keep him for two full years.

That disparity alone is reason enough for the Patriots to give Tebow the last spot on the 53-man roster — and to find a way to use him in meaningful fashion against the Jets twice this year, and twice next year.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Tim Tebow was catching passes and lining up with running backs and receivers in addition to his quarterback reps at Patriots camp Friday.

Coach Bill Belichick indicated Friday morning that Tebow wasn’t locked into playing quarterback exclusively, and he could continue to see practice reps at tight end or H-back. Asked whether he's willing to play different positions, Tebow told reporters he'll do "whatever the coaches ask." The added versatility should only help Tebow's chances of making the 53-man roster. Jul 26 - 12:02 PM

Source: Albert Breer on Twitter

I think it's a good possibility that Belichick uses Tebow as a utility player in nearly every aspect of the game. He's done it before with certain guys, perhaps not to a huge extent, but I think it's a pretty real possibility.