RANGA

PS4 vs XBOX One - Summary of Features To Date

Ya, I am sure there is going to be some "Gotchya" kind of thing that goes a long with that. Hopefully they let us know what that is before the console is actually released. Because if not, I am going to let somebody else be the guinea pig and test it out. Haha

You know you're going to get the Xbone anyway...

u7cfXmn.png

Over sharing my library with 10 people? Ya... I don't really care to share my library anyway, to be honest. I have no desire for that feature to even exist.

Although you are getting quite annoying with your constant attempts to bait me in threads we happen to disagree in. Whether it be this one or the GoT one. lol

Ya, I am sure there is going to be some "Gotchya" kind of thing that goes a long with that. Hopefully they let us know what that is before the console is actually released. Because if not, I am going to let somebody else be the guinea pig and test it out. Haha

Probably a time limit or well you can only lend this game out for so long before the other person must start paying or buy the game. You know like Library really works, if you take a book out you must return it in a certain time or pay a late fee.

Probably a time limit or well you can only lend this game out for so long before the other person must start paying or buy the game. You know like Library really works, if you take a book out you must return it in a certain time or pay a late fee.

Probably. I am sure there will be a plethora of fees involved somehow. Like I said, I am not too excited about the feature anyway, because it reminds me of team projects in HS... Get in a group, I do all the work, my whole team gets an A for doing nothing. Meanwhile, I own 50 titles that everyone in my network can access but they all have like 5 titles that I already own. :laugh:

Oh, they also announced that new games won't be more expensive than current gen games. I guess that's a good thing, but $60 is still too much anyway. >_>

The biggest thing moving forward though, is to see which publishers are going to take advantage of MS's policy in allowing them to block the sale of used games. Those publishers will probably take more heat than MS will. And I think most of them are keeping their plans hush-hush for now.

Many of them should be releasing that information shortly, I would assume. I think EA said they would be announcing their decision within the next week or two.

You can play offline on Steam for as long as you can until there is an update required for that particular (or any title). The game files and the steam application files have to be up to date. If they aren't you need to connect, update, and then go back offline. Which pretty much defeats the whole purpose of offline mode, but whatever. lol. Pretty much the same exact thing MS is doing requiring you to check in once per day.

no they don't, lol. i've played games like skyrim, ac3 and dishonored offline for ages even when new updates rolled around. my skyrim is actually like 5 patches behind or some shit (you can also set a game to allow updating or not).

• Upvote 1

Reasonable console prices, game prices are staying the same; maybe this gen isn't going to be that bad after all.

The 10 people thing for me is a huge blessing. People in my hall come to my room to play my games all the time cause they're too broke to get it themselves... And while I really don't becaue me and my roommate always leave our door open to be inviting, it makes it impossible to sleep, or do homework. I'm friends online with like 3,4 of them so they'd probably get in.

Plus I have a billion siblings and a million little brothers who will probably get in on it... 10 might not be enough. :p

My first disappointment with the game. After beating it you can play through again, i'm assuming with all your upgrades to guns/pills etc but you can't select higher difficulties just the one you played on or below it. So since I did it on normal first time through I can only do normal or easy.

So now i'm going through it on survival. Ah well.

hahaha big time fail, was meant to be in what game are you currently playing...dunno if its possible for a mod to move this to that thread or not.....guess I thought I was reading that thread. Who the fuck knows :facepalm::shrug:

You know you're going to get the Xbone anyway...

u7cfXmn.png

I remember when I was a Halo blasphemer... And then I was taught the errors in my ways.

Soon you shall learn...

• Upvote 1

I remember when I was a Halo blasphemer... And then I was taught the errors in my ways.

Soon you shall learn...

lol..

Halo_5.jpg

FlxjxKd.jpg

Edited by Favre4Ever

Merged. You can keep on with your awful trolling, but don't spam the site doing so. :p

Merged. You can keep on with your awful trolling, but don't spam the site doing so. :p

I wouldn't even consider that trolling. Just small banter. Real trolling requires the use of words. Typically the ultimate straw man if you know what I mean.

Edited by dutchff7

It was only a matter of time. PS4 forced their hand. They would have gotten dominated in sells except for hardcore microsoft and Halo fanboys. Now this makes it more interesting.

Microsoft pretty much dropped everything I was hoping for. I may cancel my Ps4 preorder now and go with the Xbox.

And now we're back to an even playing field. Now it's going to be interesting to see if the PS4 and its better specs can churn out better looking games than the XB1.

And now we're back to an even playing field. Now it's going to be interesting to see if the PS4 and its better specs can churn out better looking games than the XB1.

Basically this. PS4 is still the superior system just like PS3 > 360. It mainly comes down to the exclusives. Nothing sticks out for me for Microsoft. I guess it also comes down to online gameplay which no one knows yet. Microsoft screwing over their consumer base is still fresh in my mind and now they are trying to kiss our asses. I'm still in fuck them mode.

Well they actually listened to the consumer, they could have delivered a huge fuck you and just released the console as it was. And if it comes down to online play, I'll just Xbox Live, it has been superior this whole gen and they're adding 30k more servers. :shrug:

Well they actually listened to the consumer, they could have delivered a huge fuck you and just released the console as it was. And if it comes down to online play, I'll just Xbox Live, it has been superior this whole gen and they're adding 30k more servers. :shrug:

Their initial gesture was a fuck you mode. The only reason they switched was because they HAD to. Otherwise, it would have been a horrible business move and they would have gotten decimated by the PS4.

And now the heavy favorite is Microsoft. Their game lineup compiled with their online gaming community blows Sony out of the water.

Maybe I can get one at launch now. :think: Probably still too many bugs that I don't want to deal with.

EDIT: That is, if you buy consoles for the gaming aspect almost solely. Obviously, if you want a great system to round our your entertainment center, Sony may still be your selection, which is fine.

Edited by Favre4Ever

If your going for all in one system it has to be Xbox now. They added a lot in terms of other entertainment. I'm not sure why anyone would switch from Xbox to PS4 now outside of the 100 dollar difference.

If your going for all in one system it has to be Xbox now. They added a lot in terms of other entertainment. I'm not sure why anyone would switch from Xbox to PS4 now outside of the 100 dollar difference.

Is Sony adding to their entertainment experience though? If MS has the better games and the better entertainment options... What exactly is Sony left with? The $100 difference really means nothing when you are knowingly getting a much inferior product.

Edited by Favre4Ever