BLUE

Aaron Hernandez Found Guilty of 1st Degree Murder

So... He destroyed his home security system, destroyed his own phone, and then hired a cleaning crew? Uhhh. How he is going to get out of this, I don't even know.

He's pretty good at making himself look guilty :laugh:

Edited by Barracuda
  • Upvote 2

Both Sports Illustrated and the Boston Globe are reporting that Aaron Hernandez will "likely" be arrested in connection with the murder of Odin Lloyd.

Note that no one knows exactly what Hernandez will be charged with. Given that he was reportedly with the victim the night of the murder and is tied to him personally (their girlfriends are sisters), it seems likely the tight end at least has some information. It's unclear if Hernandez has even given his story to the police yet. Meanwhile, the media tracked A-Hern as he left his house in a white Audi SUV to go to Gillette Stadium and then to the gas station. He declined to make any comments.

Source: SI.com

The civil suit alleging Aaron Hernandez shot a man in the face in February has been refiled, as expected.

To be clear, this suit has nothing to do with the murder investigation ongoing in Massachusetts. The plaintiff in this case is Alexander S. Bradley, a Connecticut man who initially told police he didn't know who shot him during a Florida incident. When Bradley further refused to cooperate, the case was deemed inactive. Now, however, he's alleging that the shooter was Hernandez. The two reportedly argued while leaving a Miami strip club. It's unclear if the shooting was accidental. Bradley is seeking $100,000 in damages after losing his right eye.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

He's pretty good at making himself look guilty :laugh:

Seems that way...he's got it down to a science...

Quite frankly, he's got every right to destroy his security system, phone, and have his house cleaned. That won't even be counted as evidence because it's perfectly legal to do those three things.

I'm really interested in the details that will follow. I need to see some real evidence that he's guilty. I may not like the Patriots, but there's no case so far based on what we've been told.

• Downvote 11

no time for a debate, removed.

Edited by Gsam

Quite frankly, he's got every right to destroy his security system, phone, and have his house cleaned. That won't even be counted as evidence because it's perfectly legal to do those three things.

I'm really interested in the details that will follow. I need to see some real evidence that he's guilty. I may not like the Patriots, but there's no case so far based on what we've been told.

You don't typically do those things if you've got nothing to hide or had nothing to do with the situation at hand.

Edited by Vin

They already issued a warrant using that as evidence to search his home... You're out of the loop, bro.

They already issued a warrant using that as evidence to search his home... You're out of the loop, bro.

I said that it wouldn't hold up in a courtroom, which is true. Not sure what I'm being negged for.

It most certainly will be...

I said that it wouldn't hold up in a courtroom, which is true. Not sure what I'm being negged for.

Yes it will :rofl:

Yes it will :rofl:

How so? They're three completely legal things. The fact that they're suspicious ends right there.

Bware, I'm pretty it could be used as additional circumstantial evidence but it alone wouldn't be enough to convict. But still could be used in a court of law? right? oochy?

Edited by GA_Eagle

All I was saying is that this isn't real evidence when a conviction is concerned, so I'm really confused by the backlash.

All I was saying is that this isn't real evidence when a conviction is concerned, so I'm really confused by the backlash.

I think it's because the way you said it came across as very belittling. You basically came across as a smug jerk acting like we're making something out of nothing when what he did was at the very least suspicious as hell if not a blatant admission of guilt on his part. You don't destroy evidence right after being served a warrant to search your house if you're innocent. Now are his actions proof in a court of law? No, but no jury would look at this scenario and NOT think he was trying to hide something.

Edited by Jayrus
  • Upvote 1

How so? They're three completely legal things. The fact that they're suspicious ends right there.

:rofl: :rofl: He destroyed evidence. Once they just get the evidence from his phone company and if it contained anything about the murder he is toast. I don't see how that is hard to see.

Edit :

Report: Hernandez neighbors heard gunshots early Monday

Posted by Mike Florio on June 20, 2013, 10:17 PM EDT

It’s been a fluid situation over the past three days for Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez. The problem is that the fluid hasn’t been flowing in a positive direction for the player.

The latest development comes from FOX 25, which reports that neighbors heard gunshots early Monday morning. Per FOX 25, video shows Hernandez and two other men walking into his house “within minutes” after the shots were heard.

FOX 25 reports that the shots were heard by neighbors between 3:00 and 3:00 a.m. ET on Monday, but that they didn’t report the noise to police at the time.

Also, FOX 25 confirms that the hard drive attached to Hernandez’s video surveillance system was “heavily damaged” when police arrived at the home. ABC has reported that Hernandez’s cell phone and surveillance system had been damaged.

Earlier today, SI.com reported that Hernandez “likely” will be arrested. It’s unclear what he would be charged with at this point. Even if he’s not charged with killing 27-year-old Odin Lloyd, whose body was found Monday in an industrial park roughly a mile from Hernandez’s house, Hernandez could face a variety of potential charges, from accessory to obstruction of justice.

Edited by Bucman

I think it's because the way you said it came across as very belittling. You basically came across as a smug jerk acting like we're making something out of nothing when what he did was at the very least suspicious as hell if not a blatant admission of guilt on his part. You don't destroy evidence right after being served a warrant to search your house if you're innocent. Now are his actions proof in a court of law? No, but no jury would look at this scenario and NOT think he was trying to hide something.

Spot on Jayrus. BWare never ceases to amaze me.

Suspicious is a fucking understatement after destroying all that evidence.

Even though it's pretty horrible that somebody got murdered I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying watching The Pats get fucked over. They could be down their top 3 receivers the last three years next year. It's beautiful isn't it? :corn:

@caplannfl:

Aaron Hernandez Arrest Warrant Issued on Obstruction of Justice Charge, Sources Say - ABC News http://abcnews.go.com/US/aaron-hernandez-arrest-warrant-issued-obstruction-ustice-charge/story?id=19453898#.UcRMaUmF1TY.twitter

New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez is now the subject of an arrest warrant on obstruction of justice charges based on the possible destruction of evidence in connection with the shooting death of his friend, ABC News has learned.

Police sources told ABC News on Thursday that a major investigative tool – the security system at Hernandez's home, which included video – had been intentionally destroyed. His cell phone was handed over to police "in pieces," and appeared to have been smashed.

YEA! But it cannot be used in court! Ha HAAAA! Score! *fist pump* -Aaron Hernandez & BWare

:troll:

Edited by BucD
  • Upvote 1

Aaron Hernandez has yet to be listed as or discussed as a suspect for committing the homicide by law enforcement. Right now they have issued a warrant for obstruction of justice.

That puts me under the assumption that they more than likely do not believe he killed anyone, but they certainly DO believe he is hiding important information in figuring out who did kill the victim. In other words, they more than likely believe he's protecting someone.

Aaron Hernandez has yet to be listed as or discussed as a suspect for committing the homicide by law enforcement. Right now they have issued a warrant for obstruction of justice.

That puts me under the assumption that they more than likely do not believe he killed anyone, but they certainly DO believe he is hiding important information in figuring out who did kill the victim. In other words, they more than likely believe he's protecting someone.

Or they just want to get him in custody as quickly as possible...so they are just using the first legitimate charge they could...

It's hard enough to come up with some sort of evidence in the first 48 hours of a homicide, much more an entire week. If they haven't found anything to this point that would be a legitimate reason to put him in custody, then I can't imagine they will be able to come up with anything unless someone slips up. Also it's completely reasonable to give everyone a fair shake, Hernandez isn't any different just because he's an NFL player.

It's also important to remember that there were 2 others that returned home that night in the same vehicle as Hernandez. Another reason that leads me to believe the police think he's protecting someone.

I'm not saying that it isn't the reason they did it. Just looking at a possibility that seems more likely to me right now base don everything. Even without clear evidence you have to believe he would be listed as a suspect. Being listed as a suspect doesn't mean you did the crime, just means you're being investigated, which technically he is. So, that's where the big question mark comes into play.

Edited by Rain Man

It's hard enough to come up with some sort of evidence in the first 48 hours of a homicide, much more an entire week. If they haven't found anything to this point that would be a legitimate reason to put him in custody, then I can't imagine they will be able to come up with anything unless someone slips up. Also it's completely reasonable to give everyone a fair shake, Hernandez isn't any different just because he's an NFL player.

It's also important to remember that there were 2 others that returned home that night in the same vehicle as Hernandez. Another reason that leads me to believe the police think he's protecting someone.

Nobody here, or really anywhere else for that matter, is saying he is guilty or shouldn't get a fair shake. But the things that he has and hasn't been doing sure make it hard to believe that he had NOTHING to do with it.

The police want to get any witnesses and/or suspects into custody for questioning as quickly as possible, whether that's volunteeringly (he hasn't been cooperating with police at all) or with an arrest warrant.

He has the right to get his fair shake, and he should, but his actions sure don't put him in a positive light. We shall see.

• Upvote 1

I think that a lot of individuals, not here particularly, are basically dooming Hernandez as the guilty party here. The things he is doing certainly aren't helping his case, but I think it's much more likely that he's just protecting someone that is close to him. (In his "inner circle", if you will)

If you think the things he is doing is too outrageous for that, tell me, what lengths would you go to protect your loved ones? You may not want to deny them doing something so terrible, but in all likeliness you certainly wouldn't want to be the guy to give the police the one piece of evidence to doom them. I think that's more the outcome we will end up seeing. But who knows. Definitely an interesting and crazy situation.