BLUE

Aaron Hernandez Found Guilty of 1st Degree Murder

I think that a lot of individuals, not here particularly, are basically dooming Hernandez as the guilty party here. The things he is doing certainly aren't helping his case, but I think it's much more likely that he's just protecting someone that is close to him. (In his "inner circle", if you will)

If you think the things he is doing is too outrageous for that, tell me, what lengths would you go to protect your loved ones? You may not want to deny them doing something so terrible, but in all likeliness you certainly wouldn't want to be the guy to give the police the one piece of evidence to doom them. I think that's more the outcome we will end up seeing. But who knows. Definitely an interesting and crazy situation.

I honestly don't see anything that he has done (or hasn't done) that shows that he is more likely protecting someone else. I mean is it possible? Of course. But again, I just don't see anything that would say that he is more likely protecting someone else vs. protecting his own ass.

Again, we'll see.

It's hard enough to come up with some sort of evidence in the first 48 hours of a homicide, much more an entire week. If they haven't found anything to this point that would be a legitimate reason to put him in custody, then I can't imagine they will be able to come up with anything unless someone slips up. Also it's completely reasonable to give everyone a fair shake, Hernandez isn't any different just because he's an NFL player.

It's also important to remember that there were 2 others that returned home that night in the same vehicle as Hernandez. Another reason that leads me to believe the police think he's protecting someone.

I'm not saying that it isn't the reason they did it. Just looking at a possibility that seems more likely to me right now base don everything. Even without clear evidence you have to believe he would be listed as a suspect. Being listed as a suspect doesn't mean you did the crime, just means you're being investigated, which technically he is. So, that's where the big question mark comes into play.

Just because they haven't told us he is a suspect yet, doesn't mean he isn't.

• Upvote 1

I know it doesn't mean that he isn't a suspect. What I'm saying is that the media has been all over this, and the State Police haven't yet said anything about the matter other than that a warrant for obstructing justice has been issued. That could mean anything, as you already said. In a lot of high profile cases (Kind of like this one, the media is all over this stuff) it's usually stated whether or not the individual is indeed a suspect or not. Obviously no one knows what the State Police are planning, have or don't have at this point.

You would think though that if they did find anything that actually connected Hernandez to the suspicion of being the man who killed, they would have enacted an immediate arrest or stated that he was indeed a suspect. It's not like he would be able to flea the country. Not with so much media following him around right now. No way. There's also the possibility that the police are just as confused and bamboozled as all of us are right now.

I honestly don't see anything that he has done (or hasn't done) that shows that he is more likely protecting someone else. I mean is it possible? Of course. But again, I just don't see anything that would say that he is more likely protecting someone else vs. protecting his own ass.

Again, we'll see.

It's just my gut feeling at this point and everything that the police are doing lead me to believe that he isn't actually a suspect in the murder, but rather he's an accessory.

On a side note, other than the said destroying of evidence - I think Hernandez is doing the right thing by not saying anything all without a lawyer. Especially knowing that he was with the individual murdered the night it happened. Anything can be used against you or people you know. Guilty or not, I wouldn't talk with police or investigators without an attorney these days either. I'm not a conspiracy artist here, but I know that investigators can get pretty keen/tricky with questioning and phrasing at this point. Perhaps they know nothing at the moment, they may want to try and reach on things. It's safer to get an attorney with the amount of money he has.

Edited by Rain Man

Also I definitely think that we can agree at the very least that Hernandez has knowledge about what happened, if not involved in the matter.

I do find it ironically funny that Hernandez sort of pulled to the Mass. State Police a "Hoody to NFL" move. State Police ask for cell phone - delivered... In pieces. State Police ask for home security devices - delivered... In pieces. I almost wonder what his defense to the obstruction of justice charges will be. I mean, what do you say to the judge/investigators? "You asked for the devices, and received. No one stated any preference on condition of or in what form they wanted to receive said devices."

It's kind of the my dog ate my homework defense. Just lame, but old school and sickly hilarious.

Wouldn't it be one hell of a story line interuption if a few days to a week from now we still hear nothing on the matter from the State Police and suddenly out of no where they finally speak, only to tell us that Hernandez is a primary witness in a homicide investigation? I mean, there's always the chance that the media is terribly informed in terms of Hernandez not cooperating. Slim chance there, but it would be funny as well.

I'm not a legal expert by any means. But they will probably gather enough evidence to charge him with some little crime that will keep him or one of the others in jail long enough to gather enough evidence to present to the DA for murder charges. They will then work with whoever squeals first and give him a plea deal to testify against the others.

• Upvote 1

I'm not a legal expert by any means. But they will probably gather enough evidence to charge him with some little crime that will keep him or one of the others in jail long enough to gather enough evidence to present to the DA for murder charges. They will then work with whoever squeals first and give him a plea deal to testify against the others.

I know how it works. I took criminal justice/law enforcement at a smaller business institute a few years ago. (Yeah, the place that buried me in school loans, agh) I'm just not thinking that he was involved. The thing is, there's no reason to put that type of system work to use. The main reason to put a guy in jail while gathering evidence to actually charge is to protect the public and/or prevent a suspect from fleeing and eluding arrest. While Hernandez does have quite a bit of money because of being an NFL player, it's pretty improbable that Hernandez would flea. He sure as heck isn't going to be able to elude the police. Not with the media following him and swarming him. The guy couldn't even pump gas into his vehicle this morning without being mobbed. He's not a flight risk.

It is probable that's what they are doing and I can almost agree with you, but that just doesn't sit to make sense with me. Then again, while I did graduate and grade out really well, I'm not in law enforcement. So I couldn't tell you the exact reasoning, nor would you really probably care to know. :grinno:

County clerk: No arrest warrant issued for Hernandez

WBZ NewsRadio 1030, a CBS affiliate in Boston, reported Friday morning that a warrant had been issued and Hernandez would be charged with obstruction of justice in connection with the shooting death of a friend whose body was found Monday dumped in an industrial park less than a mile from Hernandez's home in North Attleborough, Mass.

But a clerk in the Attleboro District Court told USA TODAY Sports no arrest record has been issued yet for Hernandez or anyone else in the case, and the court offices shut for the weekend at 4:30 p.m. Eastern.

The clerk said that although no warrant had been issued before the close of business, it doesn't mean Hernandez is in the clear for the weekend. The clerk said the North Attleborough Police Department could issue the paperwork between now and Monday morning.

More interesting:

The case began when the body of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd of Dorchester, Mass., was found by a jogger Monday night. He had been shot in the head, according to police. The Boston Globe reported Friday that Lloyd had been shot multiple times. Lloyd's family has said he had some connection to Hernandez but would not elaborate.

The family held an improptu press conference outside their home and Lloyd's sister, Olivia Thibow, said the family welcomes the media glare brought by Hernandez's allefged involvement.

"We're glad this involves such a big celebrity," she told reporters. "At least we know something will happen from it."

Family members said they spent the day arranging funeral services for Lloyd.

Marsha Martin, a cousin, said she continues to hope that the person responsible for the killing will be apprehended, and she asked the public for help.

"If you know something, say something," she said. "We don't want Odin to have died in vain.

What? So you're family member dies and instead of telling the media how upset you are and that you just hope justice is brought down, you tell the media "We're glad this involves such a big celebrity" Are you kidding? I know it certainly looks bad, but what if Hernandez wasn't the murderer? You're happy that he will have a destroyed persona? I'm sorry, but even if I was 100% sure someone murdered my family member, I don't think I would sit on a porch and tell the media that I'm just glad it was a celebrity figure that was involved. Just sounds so inconsiderate.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Fox Boston reports authorities have issued an arrest warrant for Aaron Hernandez.

Sources tell FOX 25 the warrant is for obstruction of justice, and was issued Friday morning. The warrant is what's known as a "paper warrant," and is often used as a means of negotiation with a defense attorney. Once the warrant is officially entered into the system, Hernandez can be arrested at any time. FOX 25's legal analyst opines this may be a squeeze tactic to compel Hernandez to begin cooperating with police. An obstruction charge potentially carries a maximum penalty of seven years. Jun 21 - 8:25 PM

Source: Fox Boston

Massachusetts State Police arrived at New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez's North Attleboro home Saturday at 1:40 p.m. ET likely in connection to the Odin Lloyd homicide investigation.

State authorities were seen outside the home, while several more law enforcement officials wearing gloves were inside. Two search dogs also entered the house. One plainclothes police officer holding paperwork was seen on site, and one police dog was seen searching behind Hernandez's home.

Lloyd's body was found at about 5:30 p.m. on Monday, June 17. An autopsy confirmed his death was a homicide, according to authorities. Lloyd's family told The Associated Press that Lloyd, a semi-pro football player in the Boston area, had connections to Hernandez. However, the family would not elaborate.

NFL.com

So uh... Rain Man? I think he's officially being treated as a suspect now.

Never was I disputing he should be a suspect. Up until today, it wasn't even confirmed he was a suspect and the State Police continued to say he wasn't. Now, yes he's obviously a suspect.

I will say though, searching a home doesn't make that person an immediate suspect. Could just mean the suspect was though to be involved with people at the home.

The whole media side of the story is off somehow, that's what IS clear to me. Only time will help figure that out.

It's clear though, Aaron Hernandez knows exactly what happened that night.

Time to speak up. Even if that means narking somebody else, clear your name. And do it quickly.

All 3 are going down the longer this takes.

• Upvote 1

It's clear though, Aaron Hernandez knows exactly what happened that night.

Exactly. Whether he did or didn't commit the crime, he certainly knows what happened that night. Not just little bits either. I believe that he knows every little bit of what happened. I'm not convince that he was the killer though. I think we would see a a much more shaken and bothered Hernandez if he was the one to have murdered the man.

Excited to learn what they do to him on Monday.

He was taken out of his house in handcuffs this morning.

Can't assume anything until they release information on what they are charging him with. Could just be obstruction of justice and they are trying to send a message.

His facial expression on the video (I just saw it) tells me he had no clue they were coming to get him. He answered his front door and had a "Fuck me all to hell" look on his face.

This is all just shitty. Why do players continue to get caught up in shit like this?

Edited by Rain Man

Aaron Hernandez has been released! Holy Shit!

Patriots Release Tight End Aaron Hernandez

The New England Patriots have issued the following statement on the release of tight end Aaron Hernandez.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Patriots have announced the release of tight end Aaron Hernandez following his arrest in the investigation of a homicide last week in North Attleboro, Mass.

The New England Patriots issued the following statement: “A young man was murdered last week and we extend our sympathies to the family and friends who mourn his loss. Words cannot express the disappointment we feel knowing that one of our players was arrested as a result of this investigation. We realize that law enforcement investigations into this matter are ongoing. We support their efforts and respect the process. At this time, we believe this transaction is simply the right thing to do.”

This is a huge sign that any information that has gotten back to the Patriots has not been good at all. Obviously it's not the say all end all, but it's not good. He's obviously not going to make it out of this thing in good shape, I really hope that they don't find out he was the one that killed Odin.

Edited by Rain Man

According to NFL AM, the Patriots have just released Aaron Hernandez.

Edited by RazorStar
Damn, just barely beaten to it.

Aaron Hernandez has been released! Holy Shit!

This is a huge sign that any information that has gotten back to the Patriots has not been good at all. Obviously it's not the say all end all, but it's not good. He's obviously not going to make it out of this thing in good shape, I really hope that they don't find out he was the one that killed Odin.

You hope that he didn't kill Odin or you hope they don't find out that he killed him? :ninja:

• Upvote 1

inb4 Raiders, Bengals, and/or Lions submit a waiver claim on Hernando.

• Upvote 2

It’s obvious Hernandez was involved in this situation in some way or another and while I have no idea if he shot and killed that person, the things that have happened up until this point do not favor him..AT ALL! Good decision by the Pats as well. They know what those charges are. The DA probably gave the Pats organization the heads up. Hernandez made the bed he will lye in....Dumb SOB! :nonono:

• Upvote 1

You hope that he didn't kill Odin or you hope they don't find out that he killed him? :ninja:

Well played sir, well played. :swordfight:

Honestly though, I hope he wasn't the killer. For his sake. He's obvious got an extremely bright future in the NFL if he can continue his career, the guy is full of talent. We've all seen it. To have something like that thrown away because of what was probably an extremely dumb situation just sucks.

I think that it's important, even though extremely hard, that people keep an open mind on this one. Even if they announce the charge as murder one after the arraignment today, it doesn't mean he's 100% the guilty party. You can look back to the Ray Lewis situation for this. He was original charged in the homicide in what ended up being a huge game of cat and mouse between himself and the prosecutors trying to get him to cooperate. This could easily have been a big show by the authorities to try and snap some sense into Hernandez. They threatened the obstruction charge to get him to cooperate or they would play hard ball. He didn't cooperate and they probably found something in one of those 15 bags of evidence. Now they are playing hard ball.

I think that the Ray Lewis case should have tought everyone that assuming the worst is alright, but deeming someone guilty before all is said and done is the wrong way to go about these types of things.

The one certainty we can ALL share is that Aaron Hernandez knows without a doubt exactly what happened that night, one way or another.

If the situation turns out that he IS the guilty party, what the fuck was he thinking?

Well played sir, well played. :swordfight:

Honestly though, I hope he wasn't the killer. For his sake. He's obvious got an extremely bright future in the NFL if he can continue his career, the guy is full of talent. We've all seen it. To have something like that thrown away because of what was probably an extremely dumb situation just sucks.

I think that it's important, even though extremely hard, that people keep an open mind on this one. Even if they announce the charge as murder one after the arraignment today, it doesn't mean he's 100% the guilty party. You can look back to the Ray Lewis situation for this. He was original charged in the homicide in what ended up being a huge game of cat and mouse between himself and the prosecutors trying to get him to cooperate. This could easily have been a big show by the authorities to try and snap some sense into Hernandez. They threatened the obstruction charge to get him to cooperate or they would play hard ball. He didn't cooperate and they probably found something in one of those 15 bags of evidence. Now they are playing hard ball.

I think that the Ray Lewis case should have tought everyone that assuming the worst is alright, but deeming someone guilty before all is said and done is the wrong way to go about these types of things.

The one certainty we can ALL share is that Aaron Hernandez knows without a doubt exactly what happened that night, one way or another.

If the situation turns out that he IS the guilty party, what the fuck was he thinking?

He wasn't thinking at all.

Fucking idiot. Has everything and throws it all away.

I have no idea about the evidence or what the situation was, but the damage has been done and he is now released....I really also hope he didn't have anything to do with the killing, but as was said before if the Patriots released him then they probably have some info that we don't. Either way bad day for the Patriots and I hate to see it