JunkYardDogs

Affect of Injuries History on Player Value

I believe that players with a history of injuries can affect a FF season. It did mine last year. I had Bradshaw and Forte plus Garcon and even Hernandez. I did end up in second and then ended up 4th by being run over by Peterson in the playoffs. But I digress. Where can the history of player injuries be found? How important is that in your calculations of who to attain on draft day? FYI: New here and relatively new to FFB so please be kind and helpful. And as a side issue how is off field antics used and discovered by FFB owners, ie. Hernandez historical gun problems and others.

Edited by JunkYardDogs

I believe that players with a history of injuries can affect a FF season. It did mine last year. I had Bradshaw and Forte plus Garcon and even Hernandez. I did end up in second and then ended up 4th by being run over by Peterson in the playoffs. But I digress. Where can the history of player injuries be found? How important is that in your calculations of who to attain on draft day? FYI: New here and relatively new to FFB so please be kind and helpful. And as a side issue how is off field antics used and discovered by FFB owners, ie. Hernandez historical gun problems and others.

I generally stay away from players who can't stay on the field. I.E. Harvin, McFadden, and the likes. One injury isn't really a big deal. I had AP last season in a league, and I was all in on him despite his injury. Payed off. Someone who seems to be dinged up all the time—made of glass—aren't really worth the gamble imo.

Also, I grab Drew Brees in every draft ever if he's on the board. Proven to be the most consistent point grabber in the game. Guys who are coming off of their best career year and possible one-hit-wonders I also try to avoid. One example of this would be Alfred Morris from last season. He could duplicate that season, but after a guy catches teams off guard like that the odds are they won't be quite as good the next season after opponents have a year to prepare.

Also, welcome to the boards. Your choice of favorite team is a bit unsettling, but nobody's perfect. lol :D

Edited by B-isforBowe