Sign in to follow this  
McTater

Jimmy Graham.

The nfl's top 100 players countdown is such a mess. Sure it's decided by the players and junk, but it still bugs me.

I'm mad that Romo didn't make the list while Cam Newton and Phillip Rivers got on. Considering Romo has been on the last two years and one of those years he was hurt most of the season.

But what sickened me was seeing that Jimmy Graham wasn't the top TE on the list, or even on the list period! To me he's the best TE in the game today, and they recognize Heath Miller, Antonio Gates, and Dennis Pitta before Graham?

Drops, inconsistent, injured, everything you want in an overrated Tight End.

The top 100 list is a joke. Jimmy Graham not being a top 100 player is ridiculous. He's a lock as a top 5 TE in the game and he's far from overrated. Jimmy Graham had his fair share of drops but it was widely known that he was struggling with a wrist injury all year and still put up top TE numbers. Graham was also targeted 135 times but a 63% catch rate which isn't bad especially considering his injury. Only two TE's that had over 80 catches had a better catch % than Graham and that was Tony Gonzalez with 75% and Jason Witten at 74% and they are future HOF'ers. Without a doubt Jimmy Graham belonged on that list ESPECIALLY if Dennis Pita was ranked at 100.

• Upvote 1

Surprise! Surprise! Obviously, the NFL Network and NFL .com are just trying to gin up off-season interest (and it's working like a charm) because there is no way that Jimmy Graham is left off a top 100 list, much less a top 10 and everyone knows it. This list is nothing but a popularity contest, a Prom King vote, and nothing more. But that's okay, New Orleans always gets snubbed somehow, somewhere. And I know there are a lot of Saints haters around the league and I'm sure it has a lot to do with Bountygate and our success over that same timeframe of 2009-11. But IMO, that's just the way I like it. Being a Saints lifer I've seen we work best under the radar. If we are being bragged on..that's when I worry!

Jimmy is gonna use this well.

GEAUX SAINTS!!! :Saints:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Jimmy isn't a top-10 player Creole, no way.

But this list is stupid. They take like 5% of the players and ask them to rate their top-20 as said earlier. It's a terrible way to compile a list.

• Upvote 1

He should be on the list,I agree with that but saying he should ranked over Heath Miller is ridiculous,imo. Miller had an outstanding season minus that injury.

I'm not trying to say that I don't think Jimmy Graham is a fantastic receiver. All I'm saying is that I think I would take a Heath Miller (Especially the way he played last season) over him. Heath Miller is a good blocker, a long with a great pass catching tight end. His consistency is what I really like.

Jimmy Graham definitely deserves to be on the top 100. I think the fact he isn't on there is just stupid. The entire top 100 is somewhat of a joke. In fact, who even votes on the list? It's been said that players vote on the list at the pro-bowl but there have been countless players coming forward asking why they didn't get to vote when they were there to play. Doesn't make sense.

A lot of people tend to forget that two seasons ago Jimmy Graham was right on Gronks tail in terms of production. The only thing that seperated the two were the touchdowns. I'll even go out on a limb and say that Graham was at a disadvantage in that aspect because he did get less looks in the redzone than Gronkowski got. He may not be the pure athlete that Gronk is (When healthy) but he certainly is a top 5 TE, probably a top 3 tight end in terms of production right now. What he needs is consistency. My biggest pet peeve with a lot of different great players is the inability to be consistent.

If Graham wasn't playing through injury last season he probably would have put up the same numbers that he put up in 2011, if not better! He was already pretty close. If 85/982/9 is a down year, I'll take that over 95% of the tight ends in the league any day.

• Upvote 1

Graham>SNUBBED! Really shocked he wasnt on the list...

And I agree with Thanatos19..

1.) Don't let players vote for teammates. 2.) If you're on offense, you should only be able to vote for defensive players, i.e. the ones you hate facing, and vice versa...defense can only vote on offensive players. Problem/BS solved.