AllYouNeedIsLovie

Best RB + WR combo in the NFL?

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which team has the best?

• Texans (Arian Foster and Andre Johnson)
    • Bucs (Doug Martin and Vincent Jackson)
    • Bears (Matt Forte and Brandon Marshall)
    • Seahawks (Marshawn Lynch and Percy Harvin)
    • Chiefs (Jamaal Charles and Dwayne Bowe)
    • Bills (CJ Spiller and Stevie Johnson)
    • Vikings (Adrian Peterson and Greg Jennings)
    • Lions (Reggie Bush and Megatron)
    • Other

Which team do you think has the best RB + WR combo in the NFL? Lots of good options, but I went with the Texans. Both Foster and Johnson have proven for years to be productive players and are probably both top 5 at their positions.

Edited by RogerGoodellSucks

If Doug Martin has another season like that again and V-Jack does his thing... it could very well be the Bucs.

But for now, Houston I guess.

I know they play about 10 games of irrelevant football a year, but CJ and Stevie get my vote.

Tampa Bay for me.

I think Arian Foster is skilled in some areas that suit Kubiak's zone approach, but generally overrated. Follows blocks, cuts, hits holes, and catches well. But doesn't impress me with elusiveness or any special ability to break tackles. Andre Johnson is my favorite receiver around, but my opinion of Foster is too low to go that direction.

Doug Martin looked like one of the league's best dual threat runners in 2012. And now he gets Carl Nicks and Davin Joseph back healthy with virtually no threats on the roster to steal snaps. All the evidence points to an even better year in 2013. And Jackson is just a beast. Physically dominates defensive backs and can take the top off the zone. His own production is only part of what he brings, as he opens up the short and intermediate portions of the field of teammates to roam through. Heck of a run blocker to boot.

Neither or those guys are the best at their positions, but I like the pairing more than anyone else.

Edited by KempBolt

Wasn't even a debate for me... Houstan Texans.

I like the Texans duo Foster/Johnson right now. With the Buccaneers Martin/V-Jax a close 2nd! I expect BIG numbers from both.

Texans, with the Bucs at close second.

clearly it's Chris Johnson and Kenny Britt :troll:

in all seriousness, it's tough to pick against a duo that includes a top five RB and a top three WR, gotta go with Houston, to me Seattle is a close second

If Harvin stays healthy, it's got to be Seattle from this list. You've got the big bruiser in Lynch, then you cap it off with the speed and elusiveness of Percy Harvin. 1-2 punch in terms of RB/WR. Let's not forget that Harvin will also probably be used as a change of pace back here and there. Could get interesting.

clearly it's Chris Johnson and Kenny Britt :troll:

in all seriousness, it's tough to pick against a duo that includes a top five RB and a top three WR, gotta go with Houston, to me Seattle is a close second

I've got to say, it's tough for me to even consider Houston. Mostly because how can Johnson be a threat with Foster when he spends more time watching the game than he does on the field at this point.

I've got to say, it's tough for me to even consider Houston. Mostly because how can Johnson be a threat with Foster when he spends more time watching the game than he does on the field at this point.

I (and I think most of the people saying Houston) am looking at the players at their best, but I almost picked Seattle over Houston for that very reason, then I remembered that Harvin isn't exactly an ironman himself

I also think the Falcons are worth considering, with the addition of Steven Jackson they've got a nice three headed monster with him, Roddy, and Jones, I'd pair either of those WRs with Jackson and put them ahead of a lot of the combos listed

Edited by oochymp

Adrian Peterson and... um... err.... yeah that.

If Harvin stays healthy, it's got to be Seattle from this list. You've got the big bruiser in Lynch, then you cap it off with the speed and elusiveness of Percy Harvin. 1-2 punch in terms of RB/WR. Let's not forget that Harvin will also probably be used as a change of pace back here and there. Could get interesting.

Don't also forget that Sidney rice has been a good wr for them when they have consistent QB play. I vote for Seattle because I do think Doug Martin is a little overrated and that foster is on his way down as a top 5 RB

I think its Houston with Tampa a close second, but I wouldn't at all be surprised if the Lions actually end up with the best combo.

• Upvote 1

I don't even see how this is a question. It's clearly the Texans. DM and VJ might prove otherwise in seasons to come, but as it stands now, the Texans have the clear win on this one.

I (and I think most of the people saying Houston) am looking at the players at their best, but I almost picked Seattle over Houston for that very reason, then I remembered that Harvin isn't exactly an ironman himself

I also think the Falcons are worth considering, with the addition of Steven Jackson they've got a nice three headed monster with him, Roddy, and Jones, I'd pair either of those WRs with Jackson and put them ahead of a lot of the combos listed

This is a great point. It's an unknown for now.

The Texans are the best combo as of right now. I think it's very possible the Lions could jump out on top as well. Definitely the sleeper pick.

Edited by dutchff7

I don't even see how this is a question. It's clearly the Texans. DM and VJ might prove otherwise in seasons to come, but as it stands now, the Texans have the clear win on this one.

Well, even if we hypothetically agree that Houston has been the best combo (which I don't because I think Foster is overrated, but I realize that's a minority opinion), the question can still be interpreted two ways. Either who has been the best tandem, or who will be the best moving forward. How one chooses to view the question is going to have a big impact on who they choose.

Buccaneers, Martin and Jackson for me. Given that both put up the second best single-season totals in team receiving yardage and yards from scrimmage, I think its safe to say they formed the most prolific duo ever for the Buccaneers. Also thats the first WR-RB pair to play in an all-star game together in their franchise history. If they continue what they are doing, they could make Hawaii an annual trip! Very productive and promising combo here!

I'm surprised no one is talking about the Bears too much. Forte is a pretty damn good overall back and Marshall is arguably a top 5 WR.

• Upvote 1

I'm surprised no one is talking about the Bears too much. Forte is a pretty damn good overall back and Marshall is arguably a top 5 WR.

Bears would be my 2nd choice after the Bucs. Forte is underrated due to recent injuries and overall Chicago offensive shittiness. He'll show out better under Trestman. And Marshall is a stellar WR. My preference is for VJ but you could go either way on that one.

Bears would be my 2nd choice after the Bucs. Forte is underrated due to recent injuries and overall Chicago offensive shittiness. He'll show out better under Trestman. And Marshall is a stellar WR. My preference is for VJ but you could go either way on that one.

I picked the Texans but part of that could be the two of them have the better opportunity to succeed or at least have compared to that of Marshall and Forte.

I kind of forgot about the two of them. Personally I would take Marshall over VJ as I think he has the better all around game where VJ seems to be more of a vertical threat. After watching Marshall with the Broncos the guy could be a top 2-3 receiver in this league if he really wanted to be. I question his mental toughness from week to week so that knocks him back a few pegs.

I think I'd take Marshall over V-Jax, but it's very close. Marshall catches a lot more passes than V-Jax does. Agreed that Forte is very under appreciated in Chicago. People have to remember he was pretty much their only source of offense for multiple years and ran behind a god awful o-line.

I picked the Texans but part of that could be the two of them have the better opportunity to succeed or at least have compared to that of Marshall and Forte.

I kind of forgot about the two of them. Personally I would take Marshall over VJ as I think he has the better all around game where VJ seems to be more of a vertical threat. After watching Marshall with the Broncos the guy could be a top 2-3 receiver in this league if he really wanted to be. I question his mental toughness from week to week so that knocks him back a few pegs.

Jackson catches significantly fewer passes, but he was (and it looks like he'll continue to be) close to Marshall in terms of yards and touchdowns with the Bucs. I'll take Jackson personally, because the way he stretches defenses creates a lot of space for other pass catchers to roam in the short/vertical game. Marshall's game, while outstanding, allows defenses to play down. And while it works both ways (Marshall can draw attention to create opportunities for a deep threat), it's a more common skillset IMO.