Favre4Ever

Elite Member Voting

Congrats guys. All worthy laureates.

Except that Natas guy :nope:

• Upvote 1

Congrats gentleman. You are all scholars and gentleman.

Congrats guys. All worthy laureates.

Except that Natas guy :nope:

<3

I didn't realize there were multiple rounds

Either did we, until recently... Work in progress, as always when trying something new. :D

I'm a bit confused. We're voting on who gets to be "elite" for the next three months? What happens after the three months, they are no longer "elite" and we vote for someone else? Or what?

If so that seems rather dumb. Once elite always elite in my book. Idk why the heck you would get rid of Stevo's elite status, for example, just to have this voting game.

If that's not the case and I'm not understanding it, disregard what I said previously.

But aside from all that, I think a vote to decide who amongst the members is elite is kinda dumb. However you did this decisions before seemed great to me. I figured the elite members kinda nominated regular members for their secret coalition of eliteness. And the admins made it so.

I'm a bit confused. We're voting on who gets to be "elite" for the next three months? What happens after the three months, they are no longer "elite" and we vote for someone else? Or what?

If so that seems rather dumb. Once elite always elite in my book. Idk why the heck you would get rid of Stevo's elite status, for example, just to have this voting game.

If that's not the case and I'm not understanding it, disregard what I said previously.

But aside from all that, I think a vote to decide who amongst the members is elite is kinda dumb. However you did this decisions before seemed great to me. I figured the elite members kinda nominated regular members for their secret coalition of eliteness. And the admins made it so.

Yup, elite is now a rotational class of TGPs best members.

We now have a Hall of Fame class which will be permanent fixtures. The two groups are contradictory and having them both as is would have been redundant. Okay, so we have these Hall of Famers who are pivotal to the success of the site.. then we have these Elite members who are being voted in for the same reasons.. kind of... but are several tiers lower than the Hall of Fame.

That seems somewhat insulting to me, but the other option was to remove Elites all together, which I believe will remain on the table. If you favor this scenario please post a thread in the Suggestion Box and multiple reasons why your process (whatever it may be) is superior than our current process.

The staff will discuss it and make a decision from there. And this goes for everyone, not just Badgers. :yep:.

I didn't know about a Hall of Fame class so never mind. I don't have a problem with this game then.

Also, when do we vote for the hall of famers? And when can we nominate people?

How many are allowed in the 2nd ballot?

Just depends on the number of votes and how spread out they are. By the looks of it currently, we are definitely having a Round 3, but I will give this one a little more time. :yep:

I didn't know about a Hall of Fame class so never mind. I don't have a problem with this game then.

Also, when do we vote for the hall of famers? And when can we nominate people?

Hall of Famers will be chosen by staff, as Elites used to be.

The first class has been chosen and posted here:

http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/index.php?/topic/65787-the-tgp-hall-of-fame/

A formal induction ceremony of sorts will be posted after we finish our software upgrade.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Badgers, from my time as a staff member I can tell you that elite membership reform, so to speak, was a frequent topic among staff with no majorly accepted ideas presented. What the current staff have done with the elite title is, in my opinion, better than any solution I heard as a moderator/administrator.

• Upvote 2

I think this whole thing is ridiculous. There are better ways to establish how important people have been to the site's growth and longevity than by putting people in tiers. While nobody here thinks that this idea was presented with the intention of implying that certain members are better than others, that is what it looks like so far, to me anyway. We're as equal here (with the exception of trolls) as we are in real life.

Unfortunately, I think you are very wrong, Bware.

While I value every poster we have here, even the ones like FSU. There are definitely those who stand out. Those who have gone above and beyond what is expected of them.

Not all TGP users are created equal.

Unfortunately, I think you are very wrong, Bware.

While I value every poster we have here, even the ones like FSU. There are definitely those who stand out. Those who have gone above and beyond what is expected of them.

Not all TGP users are created equal.

So yeah, let's consider some people better than others, openly on the site. That'll attract new people, and not alienate some of us.

You've got names of people on that list who barely post here.

So yeah, let's consider some people better than others, openly on the site. That'll attract new people, and not alienate some of us.

You've got names of people on that list who barely post here.

I've got names? No. Elite members are strictly picked by the people. And I am not commenting on your character compared to any of the elites. We aren't saying you are personally inferior to the names on the list, just in the sense of the board. People like Stevo, Sarge, Dmac, Ranga, Funny, SBB, NBB, Blue, ETC ETC ETC are or have gone far beyond what we could ever ask them to do here.

Everyone plays a role here, it's just that some encompasses a lot more.

I've got names? No. Elite members are strictly picked by the people. And I am not commenting on your character compared to any of the elites. We aren't saying you are personally inferior to the names on the list, just in the sense of the board. People like Stevo, Sarge, Dmac, Ranga, Funny, SBB, NBB, Blue, ETC ETC ETC are or have gone far beyond what we could ever ask them to do here.

Everyone plays a role here, it's just that some encompasses a lot more.

I didn't mean "you" in the specifically "you" sense. My bad.

I didn't mean "you" in the specifically "you" sense. My bad.

Right. The point still stands though.

I hope you realize that even though you won't be Elite, Bware, that we still very much appreciate you logging in (most) days and chatting football with us. :yep:

Right. The point still stands though.

I hope you realize that even though you won't be Elite, Bware, that we still very much appreciate you logging in (most) days and chatting football with us. :yep:

Nah, man. I'm not that worried about a 5 letter word and my name. I'm just wondering if this can be pulled off without seeming like a tier system, almost a class system. Nobody here's going to toot their own horn with the elite status. I firmly believe in the members of this site. I just don't really know how this is going to come off, in general.

Nah, man. I'm not that worried about a 5 letter word and my name. I'm just wondering if this can be pulled off without seeming like a tier system, almost a class system. Nobody here's going to toot their own horn with the elite status. I firmly believe in the members of this site. I just don't really know how this is going to come off, in general.

I think most people will call it as they see it. It's a nice system to give some of our better members the recognition and props they deserve. :yep:

I've been having trouble picking between Chet, BK and Oochymp all 3 rounds. This pick 1 person stuff sucks :( Also surprised Dutch and Kemp didn't make the list. I know they haven't been around as long as some of the others on the list but they've both helped keep me from going insane this off-season with their topics and discussions :yep:

• Upvote 1