Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

How many games do the Panthers win in 2013?

17 members have voted

1. 1. How many games do the Panthers win in 2013?

We'll see when the season is over. Who's right and who's wrong.

Carolina will be Top 5 offensively and defensively.

As far as your opinion on my post.. I DON'T CARE.

You act like your posts are spot on and that everything you say is gospel. Because I make a bold statement you totally disagree with I am stupid. Fuck you, fuck your opinion and go whine to your mamma about a mean old man. This mean old man would wear your punk ass out. I guarantee your punk ass wouldn't say it to my face. GUARANTEE

Your no different then the wanna be faithful that pretend to know anything about football. Your poor attempt to discredit me mean nothing. I don't care whether you and all your butt buddies get in a fucking cirlce and have at it with each other.

Falcons Top to Bottom better. NOT EVEN CLOSE. Better offense maybe defense not a fucking chance.

You sound like you write for ESPN. Drivel and uninformed.

We are on....

• Downvote 7

I dont act like my opinion is gospel. You act like if anyone disagrees with you they're a fucking retard. You can say whatever inane shit you want to, as long as you are willing to DISCUSS IT CIVILLY with people, you will go a long way.

Just for the record, I think the Panthers have a good shot at getting 10 wins and squeaking into the playoffs. If they get less than 8, I'd be disappointed. Your claim that the only way the Panthers can lose is by beating themselves just reeks of homerism and living in la-la-land. We have one of, if not the toughest overall, divisions in football. Your claim is just asinine.

I am not a wannabe faithful. Not that I have to defend my self to an old jackass like yourself, but I have followed Carolina since they came into the damn league. So fuck you for questioning whether or not I'm a fan merely because I'm not a cocksucker like yourself and think everything is all rosy in Panther-land and that we will dance our way to the Superbowl while the Falcons, Saints, and Bucs look on in envy of our super team with our awesome receivers like Ted Ginn and Brandon LaFell who are clearly better than those scrubs the Falcons have. Our secondary will make Darelle Revis and the Bucs secondary look like highschoolers as they shut down everyone, right?

One would have thought that Kalil guaranteeing a title and then us falling abysmally short would have taught idiotic fans like yourself a bit of humility, but I guess not.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Not trying to be a buzz kill, but the ad hominem shit on both sides is really starting to detract from intelligent conversation. Clean it up a little please.

You act like your posts are spot on and that everything you say is gospel. Because I make a bold statement you totally disagree with I am stupid. Fuck you, fuck your opinion and go whine to your mamma about a mean old man. This mean old man would wear your punk ass out. I guarantee your punk ass wouldn't say it to my face. GUARANTEE

Your no different then the wanna be faithful that pretend to know anything about football. Your poor attempt to discredit me mean nothing. I don't care whether you and all your butt buddies get in a fucking cirlce and have at it with each other.

Falcons Top to Bottom better. NOT EVEN CLOSE. Better offense maybe defense not a fucking chance.

We are on....

Why are you so angry?

Go ahead and forward me your address or I can forward you mine and we'll see who the real "badass" is in this case. I have all the time in the world to wait for you. I'm guessing your some fat slob that was picked on in school, so you come to the internet to talk smack. Well time to put your money where you mouth is. Don't write checks your ass can't cash. So whats it gonna be pussy, you gonna give me that address or you gonna run to momma and hide?

Why are you so angry?

Go ahead and forward me your address or I can forward you mine and we'll see who the real "badass" is in this case. I have all the time in the world to wait for you. I'm guessing your some fat slob that was picked on in school, so you come to the internet to talk smack. Well time to put your money where you mouth is. Don't write checks your ass can't cash. So whats it gonna be pussy, you gonna give me that address or you gonna run to momma and hide?

Don't count on it. And unless you plan on flying overseas your idle threats don't scare me.

Secondly I wasn't talking to you. So go climb back in your mommy's arms and mind your own fucking business.

• Downvote 1

I dont act like my opinion is gospel. You act like if anyone disagrees with you they're a fucking retard. You can say whatever inane shit you want to, as long as you are willing to DISCUSS IT CIVILLY with people, you will go a long way.

Just for the record, I think the Panthers have a good shot at getting 10 wins and squeaking into the playoffs. If they get less than 8, I'd be disappointed. Your claim that the only way the Panthers can lose is by beating themselves just reeks of homerism and living in la-la-land. We have one of, if not the toughest overall, divisions in football. Your claim is just asinine.

I am not a wannabe faithful. Not that I have to defend my self to an old jackass like yourself, but I have followed Carolina since they came into the damn league. So fuck you for questioning whether or not I'm a fan merely because I'm not a cocksucker like yourself and think everything is all rosy in Panther-land and that we will dance our way to the Superbowl while the Falcons, Saints, and Bucs look on in envy of our super team with our awesome receivers like Ted Ginn and Brandon LaFell who are clearly better than those scrubs the Falcons have. Our secondary will make Darelle Revis and the Bucs secondary look like highschoolers as they shut down everyone, right?

One would have thought that Kalil guaranteeing a title and then us falling abysmally short would have taught idiotic fans like yourself a bit of humility, but I guess not.

I believe my first post to yours was very civil. I gave you my assessment of the Panthers. You flew back calling me an idiot and a homer because my opinion on our linebackers and Kuechly specifically. I didn't say one thing derogatory to you or anyone else. Go back and look who started this little fucking war. It wasn't me.

Go back and look at how many games we shot ourselves in the foot on poor execution or stupid play calling. Had we not played so stupidly we could have swept the division instead of 3-3.

We have improved greatly. You call it homerism I say that we'll win the division based on our talent. You can question our receiving corp however we still nearly had 4k yds in the passing game.

YOU NEVER HEARD ME SAY WE WOULD WALK TO THE SUPERBOWL. NOT ONCE. NEVER CLAIMED undefeated or even a sweep of the division. You never heard me say that our offense was going to score a touchdown every time we touched the ball. My point was we are MORE than capable of winning every game we play if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot. Just so I clarify for you, not that I have to a clarify anything to a sperm gurgler like yourself. This team IS as talent as any in our division, conference and league. I have been critical about this team many times in the past. Because I see a great picture ahead of us and you don't. Rosy glasses maybe but at least I don't have blinders on and I see what the full potential is. Your so god damn stuck on last season, You don't want to see the whole picture. You don't want to accept that the pieces that were added will make a HUGE difference. That's ok. You'll learn. Gettleman added the right pieces, I see it. Obviously you don't.

Since you were 6 or 7 huh? Wow I am impressed. And therefore you know more about them then me. You weren't even old enough to know WTF was going on when the bidding process started. I have no doubt that you love the Panthers when they win.

Could the Panthers fall flat on their face. Maybe, highly doubt it. Talent level is very high.

Don't come here later beating your chest about anything you claim is a weakness now. Panther fan or not I will call you out on every single one.

• Downvote 3

Don't count on it. And unless you plan on flying overseas your idle threats don't scare me.

Secondly I wasn't talking to you. So go climb back in your mommy's arms and mind your own fucking business.

Idle threats? Didn't you just tell Thanatos he wouldn't say that to your face? Don't worry about giving me the address, I've already figured it out. Mr. Rood, I'll wait for you to get back from Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan. Virgina is pretty close to me.

fa246afbfc5897bd7ab3e10bd41d3beb_96.jpg:hiya:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We are on....

First. We will see who is right and who is wrong. Thats the first thing you have been right about since your "return" to this site lol.

Second. You may be the only person on the planet, even among Panther fans, who dont think the Falcons as a whole are a better team right now.

Third, and finally, I really must urge you to stop cursing people out, and taking personal shots at people. I would really really hate for you to get banned and have that be the excuse you dont come back to eat crow later in the season. We all know you wont show up come late November/December anyway, but at least we know what kind of fan you are if you are not banned and still dont show.

Not trying to be a buzz kill, but the ad hominem shit on both sides is really starting to detract from intelligent conversation. Clean it up a little please.

Well to be fair, when this Dave guy is involved it is pretty hard to have an intelligent conversation.

We are on....

Ya know Dave to me...you come off as self centered, arrogant prick! That pretty much goes for every comment you've posted so far. And yet you got the balls to call out others knowledge of the game. Your own fans and Esp the fans of NFCS teams whom your team plays twice every year. Which I'm sure they watch these games as closely as you do and know just as much! So for you to say they know nothing about the Panthers like you do...is just plain IGNORANT! How bout you try being a little more realistic with your posts/comments, Act your Age and maybe everyone will start taking you seriously!

Now I forgot what I was going to say....lol

OK real quick, Panthers improve on their record of 7-9 by one game finishing 8-8 overall, and 2-4 in the division.

And one more thing Dave....

2a5ynio.jpg

• Upvote 1

And one more thing Dave....

2a5ynio.jpg

This is just a guess, but I think you'll get a response something like....

I don't CARE what you THINK!!! You don't know SHIT about the Panthers or ABOUT FOOTBALL!!! The fact that you projected LESS THAN TEN WINS for Carolina completely discredits you anyways. IN FACT-- I care SO LITTLE about your opinion of me and my posts that I am staying TOTALLY FUCKING CALM while discussing it. BLAAAAAGHHHHH!!!!

• Upvote 2

This guy is the same way on the Panthers forum. He seems to have an underlying angry problem. Or just a child when someone doesn't agree with his opinion.

I got news for you dude, opinions are like assholes, everybody has them and some stink. Yours goes along the stinking area.

Second. You may be the only person on the planet, even among Panther fans, who dont think the Falcons as a whole are a better team right now.

Unfortunately no. This is part of the reason I joined TGP. Panthers fan sites on the web are absolutely atrocious with homers. Last year and the year before we were going to take the league by storm and win the division and challenge for a Superbowl. Last year especially, because of Kalil's guarantee.

I'd wager on any given internet site, save for this one, 2/3 of the Panther fans on there believe we are the best team in the NFC South.

Wow,this is the first time I see a person 3 times older than me act like an immature 6-year old. God damn.

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately no. This is part of the reason I joined TGP. Panthers fan sites on the web are absolutely atrocious with homers. Last year and the year before we were going to take the league by storm and win the division and challenge for a Superbowl. Last year especially, because of Kalil's guarantee.

I'd wager on any given internet site, save for this one, 2/3 of the Panther fans on there believe we are the best team in the NFC South.

I don't have a problem with fans that think our team is the best in the NFC South and that we are going to take the league by storm.

Why?

Because at the end of the day they are SUPPORTING THEIR TEAM. Now sure, their belief in their team might be questionable and somewhat misplaced, but I would never criticize another Panthers fans for believing in and supporting their team. Now that might be 'homerism' to people like you, and that might ruffle your feathers, but ultimately it doesn't really matter because most fans of any football team have different opinions. Some will always overvalue their favorite players because they believe and support them.

But is that wrong?

For me, no. It might be the case that their overzealous beliefs are leading to them looking at our team through rose tinted shades, but even if I find their opinions 'deluded' I simply just smile and nod my head. I don't see the point in trying to prove them wrong, because this game is a funny thing. From time to time some team always springs up and surprises everyone. How many saw the Colts doing as well as they did a season after having the worst record in the NFL? I didn't. I felt they would perhaps get to 6 to 8 wins, tops. I was wrong. The same could happen to our Panthers, they could surprise everyone and go 12-4, win the division, and lose in the conference championship like we did in 1996 (our second in the league). Now how many saw our Panthers team doing that well in it's second season? I don't remember too many Panthers fans predicting them making the conference championship...

My point?

We all have opinions. I am one of the Panthers fans that knows his team is not the best in the division. If I was ranking the NFC South teams from best to worst, outside of the Falcons being number #1, I honestly would find it very hard to position the other three. I think ourselves, the Buccaneers and Saints could all end up with the same, or at least a very similar win-loss record. Last season we went 7-9, but lost 7 games by less than a touchdown. We threw away four games last season that we 'should' have won. If we won those games our record would have been 11-5, and that might have got us into the play offs. I think that when you lose 7 games by less than a touchdown, and arguably threw away four games (that I can remember off the top of my head), then that shows that this team is close to being competitive. Now that might not be super bowl competitive, but I think this team could be in the 10 to 13 win range if they start and play the season as we did over the final six games of last season, and our key players take a big step forward.

Does that prediction make me a 'homer'?

I don't know. I am always going to have a Panthers bias because I believe and support my team. I am always going to hope for the best, and hope that we are finally going to lift the Lombardi trophy. Now I won't go on like Davethepanther and make bold proclamations about how our team is the best in the division or that it is ready to win a super bowl, because we are not near that level yet. But as rose tinted as his argument is, we are all Panthers fans, from the those that what you call 'homers' to people like you and to people like me. We are all fans, and I don't think we should be overly critical of people that want the best for their team.

Also, don't take this as an attack on you. I am simply trying to put across a point against people being overly critical of 'homers', and equally to people like Dave that should appreciate that not everyone believes that their team is the best. Rant over.

There is a difference in supporting your team and having faith and making outrageous claims and having a condescending attitude towards people who call you out on it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Mike, I'd rather have quality fans than just a bunch of fans who talk and talk and don't actually know anything.

It's not wrong for them to believe the Panthers are going to sweep the South and win the Superbowl. They're just being ridiculously over-optimistic simply because it is their team. But as long as they do so civilly and try to discuss the issues, I will simply agree to disagree with them and we can get along because we both support the Panthers.

There is a vast difference between that and what Dave has done so far.

The thing with the close games argument is that this was also the case in 2011. Yes, the team is very competitive, they just need to be able to finish games, and I'm not sure if they can do so. Two years in a row with the same exact problem is very worrisome.

Edited by Thanatos19

The thing with the close games argument is that this was also the case in 2011. Yes, the team is very competitive, they just need to be able to finish games, and I'm not sure if they can do so. Two years in a row with the same exact problem is very worrisome.

It certainly has been an issue. The positive is that with more experience, depth and quality, and better coaching decisions, the team could see out games and wins. That's what I try to take from it. It is worrying, but with the right tweaks it can be put right. Now whether our coaching staff can do that or not is debatable...

Personally I think this season is make or break for Riveria. I want him to succeed, but another season where we are inconsistent and continue to falter will be an abject failure.

There is a difference in supporting your team and having faith and making outrageous claims and having a condescending attitude towards people who call you out on it.

Name one outragous claim other than the fact that most fans of other teams know very little about another team outside of their favorite. And it is a fact. Hell most people that get paid to write articles about a sport know very little about a team unless they are paid to cover them and then some of them suck. So if you know more about the Panthers than a fan like myself, then you have way to much time on your hands. Most cannot tell me who our picks were, who our UDFA were (at least the top 3) Who was injured last season, what changes occurred. 95% of their information (or lack of information) comes from what we did last year and walk all the God Damn talking heads say about us. Don't get your panties in a wad because I say you don't know shit about our team. I make very few statements about other teams because I know very little about them.

N.O. had the worst defense in NFL history. They are converting to a 3-4 under a NEW DC. Common sense should tell you they are going to struggle with a new scheme and don't have a full roster of the correct types of players.

Altanta, Pass rush issues. LB issues? Or so I have heard but you haven't never heard me say they sucked. And I have never come out saying anything outrageous about Atlanta other than I think we talent wise are better.

Tampa Bay NO PASS RUSH pretty much sums it up. This comes from their own people so I don't even make the claim.

Other teams. don't have a clue and don't have the time to find out.

I KNOW ABOUT THE PANTHERS. I know what I see, I what I read and what I hear. This isn't 2012 it is a new season. I choose to be very optimistic about this team because 2013 is going to be a special year.

All you clowns rant and rave about tough schedule. Anytime you belong to a quality division you are going to have a tough schedule. We have 27 wins against us before we ever leave the division. Of course we are going to have a tough schedule. The toughness of the schedule is BASED on LAST SEASON Records.

Go back and see who insulted who first? Not angry, not childish. Go back to the original post that started all this. It was the morons here call ME names because I believe Kuechly is better than AND WILL BE BETTER Than WILLIS. IT isn't an OUTRAGOUS CLAIM. It is a well thought out claim that these clowns don't agree with. The rest of you just jumped on the band wagon. I defend myself and will continue to defend myself no matter what you say. My thoughts are insightful and accurate.

Now go ahead and say I was outrageous. I find it funny that none and I mean NONE of my points in my rants did you address. NOT ONE.. All you scream is your whiney little bitchy comments about me not agreeing with you.

• Downvote 2

I am done with this conversation.

I am going to take the high road here. I didn't start the attacks but I am going to end them.

Those of you that I offended.

I am sorry.

• Downvote 2

Sooooo funny! I love it.

¡Viva la Dave!