AllYouNeedIsLovie

How many games do the Vikings win in 2013?

13 members have voted

1. 1. How many games do the Vikings win in 2013?

Made the playoffs last year, but I'm not sure they will be able to repeat again. Mainly, because I don't see AP having a season like he did last year. If Christian Ponder can step it up though and give them a decent passing game, they could definitely get in as a Wild Card again. I have them at 9 wins.

I just dont see the supporting cast needed. You wouldnt think it to be possible, but they got worse at WR, and Leslie Frazier is still their coach. 7-9

I just dont see the supporting cast needed. You wouldnt think it to be possible, but they got worse at WR, and Leslie Frazier is still their coach. 7-9

I'm not sure about the bold. Harvin was injured last year and he never was as productive as a receiver as everyone makes him out to be. They got a nice deep threat in Greg Jennings and apparently Cordarerlle Patterson has been lighting it up in OTA's.

11-5, winning the division, IMO. They're built the right way, have the best kicking game in the division, the best TE in the division (for short yardage first down throws, which they'll have a lot of) and Ponder could ascend to second best QB in the division with some real weapons.

EDIT: I say the bolded part thinking that Matt Stafford doesn't show any progress with his mechanics.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Rudolph has breakout year. Ponder improves.

But O-line struggles, meaning AD doesn't have that great of a year.

Rudolph has breakout year. Ponder improves.

How so? They didn't lose anybody, and they have an excellent center.

I have us pinned at 8 wins. We definitely improved on both sides of the ball this year, but there is only speculation on how good Ponder will be. I think the rookies, although they will excel (IMO), will need more than a season to really start to fit in with Minnesota. Our defense improved, but it still has some holes. I shouldn't have to mention that we have a pretty tough schedule next year, too.

I don't think anyone is expecting AP to produce like he did last year, but he has been productive for the Vikings even with mediocre and even bad blocking. I don't think our O-line will slip, really. However, I don't view the O-line's overall performance and AP's total production as the things holding us back from reaching the playoffs.

I see your a Seahawks fan, so it makes sense, but how do you figure? Greg Jennings is no slouch, and than we added Cordarrelle Patterson in the draft. Expecting a huge year from Rudolph as well. Far from getting worse in the passing game.

Jarius Wright, if healthy, will shock more folks than Patterson, Jennings, or Rudolph ever could. Kid has skills.

The Vikings have a great team in my opinion. They trade Harvin for a 1st round pick and pick up Jennings who I believe still can produce. They also get Cordarrelle Patterson to strengthen their receiving corps. I probably need to recuse my opinion because I never saw him play but I believe they gave up too much. They better hope that they he was because that was a lot of draft picks that could have helped fill holes in your team. The Vikings also have a rising star at TE; Kyle Rudolph. He was an endzone monster last year. I expect to see him improve. We don't have to cover A.P who is the best RB in the league.

If you look over on the defense side of the ball, they weren't too bad last year. They were great in the sack department being 5th in the league with 44 sacks. They add a Shariff Floyd from the draft to help beefen up their D-line. I'm going to have my eye on him. At one point I wanted the Eagles to pick him up. The Vikings pick up Desmond Bishop who has been a good player when healthy. You add him with a Chad Greenway who is a beast and underrated with Erin Henderson, that's a pretty solid Linebacker corps. Antoine Winfield is gone and the Vikings get Xavier Rhodes in the draft. I saw some footage on him and I liked him more than any other CB coming out the first round. I love physical corners. Chris Cook has played okay to my knowledge so that will be interesting to see how that plays out. I'm also looking forward to see Harrison Smith in year 2.

Overall, I think they have a good team. It all falls on Christian Ponder. If he didn't make any strides to progress this offseason, then the Vikings won't be any good. He has the weapons on offense in the receiving game AND the best running back in the league. The defense is pretty solid as well. They just need stable and consistent production from the QB position to push over the fence. It all depends on Ponder. I had faith in him developing into a good QB but he let me down last season. If Ponder played good, I can see 11 But I need to see some substance now because he's me a complete non-believer. 8 wins.

XNXnUzp.jpg

Don't the Vikibg still have Jerome Simpson?

Yes, I believe they do.

Ponder is still the QB and unless he improves drastically this year. I don't see the Vikings going back to the playoffs.

Don't the Vikibg still have Jerome Simpson?

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/MIN

This site helps a lot when forgetting where a certain player is. Just a cool site in all.

Ponder is still the QB and unless he improves drastically this year. I don't see the Vikings going back to the playoffs.

With adding Patterson, Jennings, and Rudolph likely taking the next step, and AP at RB, i'm sure Ponder can be solid for us.

With adding Patterson, Jennings, and Rudolph likely taking the next step, and AP at RB, i'm sure Ponder can be solid for us.

He certainly can be. It's just speculation on whether he will be, or not.

7-9... Ponder gonna Ponder.

Ponder's been a lot better than people think, imo.

I've got no faith in Ponder and their division is a meat grinder.

I've got no faith in Ponder and their division is a meat grinder.

Cutler is a turnover machine. The Lions are one dimensional on offense and their defense is suspect until it proves it's better. The Packers defense still has holes. The Vikings, top to bottom, are the most likely team in this division to be serious contenders. If the season comes around and Green Bay's defense is vastly improved, then yeah, the obvious contender is Green Bay, but Minnesota is good in every facet, including QB. Ponder will be just fine this season, especially if Musgrave takes some tension off the reigns.

11-5, winning the division, IMO. They're built the right way, have the best kicking game in the division, the best TE in the division (for short yardage first down throws, which they'll have a lot of) and Ponder could ascend to second best QB in the division with some real weapons.

EDIT: I say the bolded part thinking that Matt Stafford doesn't show any progress with his mechanics.

Bware homering it up as usual. :rolleyes:

AP will regress (just natural regression), Ponder isn't a good QB, having ''the best TE in your division'' doesn't really mean much, and who gives a shit that you have the best kicking game? :laugh:

They'll win 7-8 games.

• Upvote 1

Bware homering it up as usual. :rolleyes:

AP will regress (just natural regression), Ponder isn't a good QB, having ''the best TE in your division'' doesn't really mean much, and who gives a shit that you have the best kicking game? :laugh:

They'll win 7-8 games.

The only thing you're right about is AP regressing, which might even be the wrong term.