Conshy

American Culture Night

What should it include?

I am in charge of putting on an American Culture Night at an international conference my school is hosting the last two weeks of this month.

Sadly, there can't be a lot of beer, as I will be one of the few students there old enough to drink in the states. My plan was just to buy a bunch of lager and throw some dogs on the grill. I was told by those above me that I wasn't allowed to do that. <_<

What's the point of this?

To give all the foreigners a taste of 'murica.

America in a nutshell, really.

What should it include?

I am in charge of putting on an American Culture Night at an international conference my school is hosting the last two weeks of this month.

Sadly, there can't be a lot of beer, as I will be one of the few students there old enough to drink in the states. My plan was just to buy a bunch of lager and throw some dogs on the grill. I was told by those above me that I wasn't allowed to do that. <_<

Burgers, hotdogs, fries, apple pie.

I think a melding pot of foods and drinks would be best. America isn't just about burgers and hotdogs anymore. We're a culture hub... A lot of my menu would take into consideration where you are, what your area is known for, local ingredients you can get on hand, etc

Showcase some of the finest American music acts like the Beach Boys, The Doors and Bob Dylan. :smug:

You should tell people there will be tonnes of beer anyway. Then get everyone helping to serve food/drink to dress up as former US heads of state. Which means you'll literally have presidents serving out broken promises to the public. Can't get more American than that :smug:

• Upvote 1