Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

How many games do the Colts win in 2013?

21 members have voted

1. 1. How many games do the Colts win in 2013?

The Colts shocked many people last year and made the playoffs as a Wild Card. They had an interesting off-season by adding a lot of players that weren't stars, but rather role players. Luck having a year of experience will only help and should make him a better QB, but he also will be going up against a better schedule this season. Personally, I only see the Colts winning 8 games this year. I think last year they overachieved and got pretty lucky in someone of their wins. While I see Luck improving his game, I think the Colts regress as a team and finish with 8 wins.

2. Indianapolis - 8-8

A more difficult schedule, a switch in offensive coordinators, and facing defensive backs that aren't likely to drop 14 interceptions again are the reason for this drop. Get your shit together, Andrew. Or don't. I really don't care.

8 :yep:

Unsure.

Had them at 9-7 last offseason and it was a hunch. Right now I am tempted to say 11-5 for next year again.

:shrug:

I need to see some preseason to get a feel of how a few of the new pieces are gelling.

Edited by Jules

7-9 games. A slight improvement overall, but less fluky wins.

They have a lot of young players and a lot of new players, so it's tough to guess without seeing some preseason or at the very least some training camp. If Luck doesn't slump 9-7 and back in the wildcard hunt is doable I think.

Went the easy route and split it down the middle, because I have no idea lol. I think Luck will be better this year. But the lucky breaks may not fall his way this time around, so he has to make better decisions. But the comeback drives are still hard to ignore.

Unsure.

Had them at 9-7 last offseason and it was a hunch. Right now I am tempted to say 11-5 for next year again.

:shrug:

I need to see some preseason to get a feel of how a few of the new pieces are gelling.

Im with you on 11-5.

The reason why? A much improved run defense! Teams won’t be able to run on us at will and keep our offense on the bench. I used to scream at my TV like a madman when the defense got manhandled in that way. And even the secondary is much improved, as well as our run defense. Also this will lead to more series for Luck, as well as a much more efficient OC means that our defense should be well rested on the bench. Throw in an upgraded offensive line, maybe now we can return the favor! We're on the right track. I’m looking forward to this season. :rock:

• Upvote 1

I have the colts at 9-10 wins and a potential wildcard. I think Luck will have cleaner stats than his rookie year, but they'll have fewer of those nail-biter games fall their way this time.

Only the Seahawks (out of the Hawks, Skins, and Colts) will return to the playoffs. Indianapolis will have a setback, but they're primed for a bright future.

The only reason they'll be in the playoff discussion for most of the year is because of how bad this division is. Houston's overrated. Jacksonville and Tennessee could just as well bow out of most of their games before the first snap.

Their point totals suggested a 7-9 record. Teams that overachieve in this statistic ALWAYS regress. No team that was +4 has ever improved or equaled their prior record. Pair that with a tougher schedule and I see them going 9-7. I'm optimistic but statistically (6/6x for +4 teams) they'll regress 2 wins and have a per point (offensive and defensive ppg scaled for the individual seasons) record closer to that of a 9-7 team as well.

Bright future though, guys like Nevis and Hilton (ok, Fleener too if he can stay healthy) are very pivotal pieces to have. A solid all technique DL who IMO is primed for a break out year. And we all know the importance of field stretching TEs who can play slot and slot recievers that can do it all... I'm rambling, 9-7... leaning towards 8-8 over double digits.

Aww yeah, someone else bringing up pythagorean wins (Which is simply predicting a teams record based on points for and points against.)

"Meanwhile, teams that grossly outperform their Pythagorean expectation by two wins or more often come back to earth. There have been 34 such teams since 1989 and they've lost an average of 2.4 additional games the following campaign. We had our eyes on three such teams last season, and two of them followed the plan: the 15-1 Packers fell to 11-5, while the 7-9 Chiefs hit the bottom of the barrel at 2-14. On the other hand, the 8-8 Broncos ignored the numbers and went 13-3, the largest such increase for a team in this group in the last 24 years. Replacing Tim Tebow with Peyton Manning will do that."

In any case, the Colts would be improving if they went 8-8 this year. A lot of comebacks early in Luck's career is good, but it takes years of consistency and great play to prove you can make comebacks at even a 50% clip. We'll see if Luck can fall into the same category as guys like Peyton, Eli and Matt Ryan who have a knack for comebacks, or if he falls like John Skelton, who completely tanked his great 4th quarter comeback record last year.

As an aside about comebacks, Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton suck at them. <_ just saying.>

Aarons per play stats justify the comeback desparity. He's already performing well that stat confuses me.

Edit, figure I should add I understand it signifies a drop in per play production in comeback scenarios. Maybe they should separate comeback wins vs comeback losses. Idk. The stat confuses me because it should include all ends of games, not comeback scenarios favoring Elis and Andrews when we know this to also be one of those stats that fluxuates towards league average, year to year. Not that good QBs don't get comebacks, but if were saying you have to be down for it to be crunchtime. That's already a stat, playing from behind, if you're going to include a time scenario, record that as well so you have more control over your variables dog.

Edited by the Lions fan

I'm going to be honest and say I have no idea what that response means. This is all the reply you get, if it warranted one. Crunchtime stats should be more than come from behind 4th quarter stuff. How are the first few drives not crunchtime? Or coming from behind in the 3rd quarter?

^Don't worry about it. Was just being silly. ;)

I am very excited for this coming season and am looking forward to watching the Colts continue to develop. I really enjoy following these guys from Irsay/Grigson/Pagano to the players. And I sincerely hope Pagano stays healthy and the players continue to play hard for him every week.

:)

10-6//11-5//12-4.

Their schedule is relatively easy. Losses should potentially be SF on the road, Seattle, Denver, SD(thrown in there, personally think they should win it), @HOU, Cinci (possibly).