Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Favorite vegetables?

I'm not gonna act like I'm some health nut that eats healthy all the time, but over the past 5-6 years I've been eating more vegetables. Kind of funny because when I was younger I despised them, but now I literally eat a serving of them every day.

My favorite has to be steamed broccoli, preferably with cheese, salt, black pepper, garlic powder and hot sauce.

You?

/Stupid shit BLUE thinks of to discuss at 1 AM. :biggrin:

Edited by BLUE
  • Upvote 1

I usually eat a large variety: corn, asparagus, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, etc. There are some exceptions, like turnip, as I never got a taste for them :nope:

One of my favorite meals: Onion and mushrooms on steak with corn-on-the-cob and baked potatoes.

• Upvote 2

Roasted cauliflower is seriously one of the greatest things of all time. Can be really diverse too, add a little salt, pepper, garlic... Maybe some lemon juice or parmesan or maybe even some cayenne pepper if you would rather have some heat.

Good stuff.

2009_01_20-cauliflower.jpg

That looks absolutely amazing.

Roasted cauliflower is seriously one of the greatest things of all time. Can be really diverse too, add a little salt, pepper, garlic... Maybe some lemon juice or parmesan or maybe even some cayenne pepper if you would rather have some heat.

Good stuff.

2009_01_20-cauliflower.jpg

Oh, that looks good. I'll have to try that.

Anybody a carrot nut? I can't get enough of those.

Edited by BigBen07

Anybody a carrot nut? I can't get enough of those.

I eat at least 10 or so each day.

Raw carrots :yep:

Cooked carrots :nope:

I just like veggie trays in general. I know ranch isn't very good for a person, but if you don't drench everything in it it's not going to matter that much.

Vegetables are gross...

I love mushrooms. Especially in a creamy sauce alongside a nice juicy steak. Mmmm soooo good.

• Upvote 1

Definitely onions for Vincenzo. :yep:

:megusta:

I love mushrooms. Especially in a creamy sauce alongside a nice juicy steak. Mmmm soooo good.

Acceptable.

One of the best things I've had is cauliflower with cheese over it and a tiny bit of, I believe, dijon mustard. I shall have to get the recipe from somewhere, its german.

Not gonna lie...I'm a sucker for the Subway Veggie Delight. Nothing like a good stir fry as well. I like most veggies, but I seem to gravitate towards the crunchy ones...bell peppers, onions (especially reds), cucumber, etc.

Edited by Phins4life

Sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli, and peas.

Asparagus, onions, mushrooms (well fungus but whatever)

The only dislikes I can think of are raw tomatoes and lima beans. I'll still eat them if that's what we are having.

lol vegetable love.

Carrots, Mushrooms, Broccoli (only in chinese food though laugh.gif), Celery, Tomatoes, Potatoes....I think that's it. I used to like Asparagus.

Edited by Maverick

Vegetables are gross...

Yea... the last time I ate a vegetable that wasn't French fries was probably a couple years ago. I've probably had some without my knowing but outside of that,, veggies are evil. :yep:

I'm an unorthodox African though. Lol.

Carrots, celery, green pepper

I'm a veggie nut, love the stuff. Not mentioned here is kale - it's a superfood and can be cooked into any meal. I love big ass salads (4-5 times larger than you'd normally eat with dinner) for lunch with some sort of oil free dressing (White Vinegar and mustard is awesome), with Kale, Spinach, Cucumbers, Carrots, Tomatos, Red Onions, Zucchini and Green Onions.

Edited by NaTaS
  • Upvote 1

I'm a veggie nut, love the stuff. Not mentioned here is kale - it's a superfood and can be cooked into any meal. I love big ass salads (4-5 times larger than you'd normally eat with dinner) for lunch with some sort of oil free dressing (White Vinegar and mustard is awesome), with Kale, Spinach, Cucumbers, Carrots, Tomatos, Red Onions, Zucchini and Green Onions.

Cucumbers, forgot about those.

Love:

Asparagus, green beans, corn, broccoli, brussel sprouts, spinach, lettuce, mushrooms, peas

Will eat:

Carrots, mashed potatoes with a lot of seasoning or cheese

Hate: Potatoes, tomatoes, cauliflower, onions, lima beans, peppers of any kind, cabbage that's not in a runza, celery

One of my favorites is taking asparagus the green and purple(which is awesome it's a little bit sweeter than the green but so good) putting it in a zip lock bag with some italian dressing let it sit for an hour or so. Then grill it....so good.

The salad that Natas is talking about sounds delicious. I love sauteed kale. Another really good vegetable that's similar to kale is Swiss Chard..love that stuff.

• Upvote 1

Cucumbers, forgot about those.

Yeah, cucumbers is a good shout.

EDIT: And mushrooms lol.

Edited by Maverick

Zucchini/squash. Even better when thrown on the grill with some olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. AWESOME!