AllYouNeedIsLovie

Official 2013-2014 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Thread

I think Shiancoe is a better blocking TE than Clark, plus there were rumors of him not being happy with his role in the offense last year which made Schiano want to move on. If true, that is kind of ridiculous that Clark would have an attitude over his role when he was lucky to even get a job last year at his age lol.

As for Hillis, eh there is more hype to his name than his game. I won't complain if we signed him, but it doesn't necessarily mean he'd make the team this year.

I think McGahee would offer more than Hillis as a #2 (to Doug Martin) on a 1-year deal, but I wouldn't be upset with Hillis. I would rather have him than Brian freaking Leonard.

Edited by BucD

Shiancoe is sadly probably better than any TE we currently have on the roster so I have no problem with bringing him in. shrug.gif

Harris has always intrigued me. I remember when he was a beast back in the day with the Bears. Not really sure what happened to him, but if Schiano could get his mojo back, it could be a very solid pickup.

Shiancoe is sadly probably better than any TE we currently have on the roster so I have no problem with bringing him in. shrug.gif

Harris has always intrigued me. I remember when he was a beast back in the day with the Bears. Not really sure what happened to him, but if Schiano could get his mojo back, it could be a very solid pickup.

Our TEs are poor, but I'd doubt Shiancoe would be the best one if we signed him. He is 33 and didn't catch a pass last year. He hasn't been relevant since Favre.

I honestly don't think any of these guys would be solid pickups, just vet trash desperate for work. But if I had to pick one, I'd probably take Hillis.

@RapSheet: #Bucs are working out a contract with RB Peyton Hillis, I'm told. He visited them today. Deal not done yet, but heading that way. Good spot

I've got to wonder what exactly is up with Beanie Wells. I know he wasn't good last year, but he was definitely more than backup worthy as recently as 2011 and would seem to have more upside than a guy like Hillis. Either I'm crazy, or there's got to be more going on with him that FO's know and I don't.

I'm guessing the Bucs didn't see as much from Mike James as they hoped, so they added a vet into the mix. Hillis isn't a lock to make the roster though, especially if he shows the attitude people say he has. Schiano won't put up with that.

In bigger Bucs news, team doctors passed Revis to participate in training camp.

On the eve of training camp, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' offensive backfield is getting a significant shot of depth. The Buccaneers announced on Tuesday afternoon the signing of running back Peyton Hillis to a one-year contract. The team reports to camp on Wednesday morning and will practice for the first time on Thursday.

To make room for Hillis on the 90-man camp roster, the Buccaneers released rookie running back Matt Brown.

2dalwcl.jpg

Per Schiano’s comments to Steve Duemig on WDAE-AM 620 this evening.

Schiano said Hillis looked great in his workout today and is chomping at the bit to get back on the field. Since his standout season in Cleveland back in 2010.

Schiano said he’s excited about what Hillis will bring to the running backs corps that also added veteran third-down back Brian Leonard, a former Schiano guy at Rutgers, as well as rookie Mike James out of Miami.

I have to say, I'm OK with this signing. Hillis could prove very useful on short yardage situations, and we really could use some inprovement there. Plus as I mentioned earlier he can catch.. and he's a decent blocker. The downside was his past production but then again look at who he's played for the past few years. And he also has never run behind a great line like we have here. But I'm excited about what can come out of this....Hey either he returns to his old form or he completely sucks. Still, we have nothing to lose.

In bigger Bucs news, team doctors passed Revis to participate in training camp.

9awshi.jpg

Also this went up on the side of Ray Jay on Dale Mabry Highway and was released by the Bucs on Facebook yesterday. Revis himself even fired it off on Twitter, all pumped up about leading the “No Fly Zone” to his 368,000+ followers. I can’t imagine Revis and the Bucs would engage in these kinds of fan-arousing tactics if Revis wasn’t truly ready to ball. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

The only thing Peyton Hillis bring to our RB position is fumbles.

@AdamSchefter: Bucs WR Mike Williams reached agreement on a 5-year extension tying him to Tampa through 2018, per ESPN source.
@AdamSchefter The five-year extension that ties WR Mike Williams to Tampa for next six years is worth $40.25 million, Bucs announced.

Not gonna lie...was getting worried about getting Mike Will locked up...relieved that it's done...

I like the Hillis signing...better than Brian Leonard...lol

Hope Mike Smith and/or Mike James steps up...

As I said before...I would have preferred McGahee over Hillis for a 1-year deal, but Hillis isn't bad...

Goal line...Hillis takes the handoff behind Penn, Nicks and Joseph... :think:

EDIT:

@evansilva:

Mike Williams deal is another win for #Bucs GM Mark Dominik, who doesn't get enough credit. MW's annual avg/guarantees not in top-20 WRs.

@evansilva:

#Bucs WR Mike Williams: Annual avg pay $6.7M. 23 TDs in 48 career games. #Dolphins WR Brian Hartline: Avg pay $6.2M. 2 TDs last 42 games.

Edited by BucD

Never posted about MW19's contract, but I am very happy with it. A lot of people around the league think we overpaid, but I honestly don't think people realize how good Williams really is. Yes, he has never had a 1,000 yard season, but he makes spectacular catches and has some of the best body control I have ever seen from a WR, especially on catches near the sidelines. Love that we have him locked up for the next 6 years.

Training Camp started today. Apparently, Freeman looked pretty good and Revis was doing some individual drills. TE's Zach Miller and Danny Noble got carted off the field. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Also, apparently Carl Nicks' toe is still a problem. He came into TC with a huge bandage around it. Definitely pretty concerning that he needs that. I thought he would definitely be 100% by now.

They said Noble and Miller were carted off for cramps.

I'm fine with the contract for Mike Williams. 23 TDs in 3 seasons is nothing to sneeze at and he's consistently been a good performer. I mean he's making similar money as Brian Hartline who has 2 TDs in the same timeframe that Williams racked up 23. Though it is obvious that money and cap space is officially now an issue for the Bucs after years of whining and complaining about being cheap with cap space out the ass. Some players will begin to become casualties starting next offseason, especially if Freeman plays well and earns an extension. Michael Koenen is probably the first guy to get axed or restructured, he's a solid punter but makes way too much. If the toe injury remains a problem then Carl Nicks is in trouble too, he's getting a lot of money for an interior lineman. Don't get me wrong, a healthy Nicks totally deserves that money but if he isn't healthy then the Bucs may have to take a look at his cap hit. Same with Joseph honestly.

Never posted about MW19's contract, but I am very happy with it. A lot of people around the league think we overpaid, but I honestly don't think people realize how good Williams really is. Yes, he has never had a 1,000 yard season, but he makes spectacular catches and has some of the best body control I have ever seen from a WR, especially on catches near the sidelines. Love that we have him locked up for the next 6 years.

Training Camp started today. Apparently, Freeman looked pretty good and Revis was doing some individual drills. TE's Zach Miller and Danny Noble got carted off the field. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Also, apparently Carl Nicks' toe is still a problem. He came into TC with a huge bandage around it. Definitely pretty concerning that he needs that. I thought he would definitely be 100% by now.

Apparently that bandage on his toe was strictly precautionary. Apparently there is no concern...we'll see...

Edited by BucD

@LedgeronBucs:

Revis just shadowed V-Jax on a fly at about 85 percent tempo. No worries.

@RCummingsTBO:

Just had another Revis-Jackson matchup, this one in a press coverage drill. Revis won this one and looked good doing it.

‏@JoeBucsFan:

Revis working against VJax in WR drills on far field. Stuck on VJax like Velcro.

@LedgeronBucs:

Looks like Revis is indeed doing more today.

:rock:

@JoeBucsFan:

LOL Revis jams VJax at the line... in a walkthrough!

@JoeBucsFan 4m

Revis strong arms Kevin Ogletree off line on walkthrough. LOVE his intensity.

Man I love it. This dude's presence, demeanor, and approach to practice is going to rub off on most if not the entire team. At least, I hope. lol

@JoeBucsFan:

First team defense includes Revis and Banks.

Edited by BucD

Been hearing Banks has been all over the WRs and the completions have just been great throws by Glennon and Freeman.

Nice to hear Banks looks good. I think he'll struggle with speedier guys, but hopefully he and Revis make a good duo on the back seven.

Glad to hear Banks is impressing and it looks like Revis hasn't missed a beat.

I heard Tom Crabtree is already struggling in camp with some drops. I really hope we give Shaincoe a good look because our TE's are garbage right now.

Here are some notes from Day 2 of TC from JBF:

* Te’o bats down Orlovsky pass like JJ Watt.

* Mike Williams wide open over the middle, first down.

* Trickery: Mike Williams on an option on the left side would have been wiped out by Lavonte David.

* No one asked, but best player in Bucs camp after two practices? Mike Williams. Play after play after play he sticks out.

* Anthony Gaitor having a good practice. Just got a pass breakup of Vincent Jackson by jumping route along right sideline.

* Rashaan Melvin allows a short completion in front of him and Greg Schiano runs onto the field for some up close and personal coaching.

* Mason Foster dives to break up pass and grabbed his right hamstring. Got up but was limping. Seems to be OK, though.

*Mike Glennon overthrows Tiquan Underwood by five yards on a deep ball.

*Danny Noble flashes some good hands.

*Josh Freeman makes a bad throw to Mike James on a dumpoff pass. Out of synch?

* VJax big gain on crossing pattern to right. Think Joe J. vs Eagles.

* First team defense includes Darrelle Revis and Johnthan Banks.

* Revis strongarms Kevin Ogletree off line on walkthrough. LOVE his intensity.

* MYRON!: Welp. David Douglas burns Nine Lives Myron Lewis badly on a pass down right sideline. Who could have guessed?

* Hawk Goldson blitzes and bats down a Josh Freeman pass. Could have been a sack if there were live bullets flying.

* Johnthan Banks on Mike Williams like a second skin on a comeback route but Freeman’s pass sails over everyone.

* Tiquan Underwood got away with a clip on Banks.

* Mike Glennon fans on a throw, ball came out as he began throw and crowd chants, “Rookie, rookie!”

* Kevin Ogletree and Nate Byham down after a pileup for a pass. Ogletree needed help getting up but walked off under his own power. Roughly 10 minutes later, he resumes practice.

* If there was hitting allowed, Hawk Goldson would have positively decleated Tom Crabtree on a short pass to right.

* Mike Williams goes all Michael Jordan, skying high to grab a Josh Freeman pass.

*Details! The Bucs have a drill that has defensive linemen catching passes from five yards away. Only drop was by camp-meat DT Matthew Masifilo.

* Revis jams VJax at the line … in a walkthrough! Next play up against Mike WIlliams, the play goes other way but Revis shadows Williams all the way back to line.

* Chris Owusu can’t break free of Anthony Gaitor on a bomb down right sideline.

* Mike Glennon, Michael Adams does not like your passes. Pick-six along right sideline running across the field to the left for the score.

* Johnthan Banks jumps a route and picks Josh Freeman and the crowd roars. Next play Banks breaks up another pass. Crowd likes the rookie’s play.

* During a pass play, Greg Schiano could be heard bellowing, “VISION, VISION!”

* Leonard Johnson would not let Nate Byham past him.

* Josh Freeman pass to Martin in left flat and Dekoda Watson all over the Muscle Hamster.

* Darrelle Revis steps onto the main field for first time and works with first team defense vs. first team offense. Crowd buzzes; all eyes on 24.

* Darrelle Revis getting physical in walk through vs. Tiquan Underwood. Dude is just chomping at the bit to drill someone.

* Darrelle Revis vs. Mike Williams in a walk-through and the two quickly got into a jousting match for position.

* Hearing quite a bit of talk from Bucs people about Rashaan Melvin but he hasn’t shown much in practices (yet). Maybe he will in games?

* David Douglas uses his height to grab a ball over Anthony Gaitor.

*Vincent Jackson revved up the crowd with his hands. Wanted more intensity from the Bucs faithful.

* Tight end Zach Miller juggles the ball for two or three steps before it bounces off his fingertips.

* Mike Williams reaches over right shoulder of Johnthan Banks to haul in pass. Good coverage; better catch.

* Carlton Mitchell just blew past Revis along sideline. Had to double check it wasn’t Myron.

* Beautiful over-the-shoulder catch by Kevin Ogletree. Jim Edmonds would applaud.

* Darrelle Revis working against VJax in WR drills on far field. Stuck on VJax like Velcro.

* Yesterday passing game was strong. Today, it is the run game.

* WTH? Already saw four Barrett Ruud jerseys this morning. People need to upgrade their wardrobes. Lavonte David perhaps?

How would Shiancoe help though? He is a 35 year old who didn't catch a single pass last year while playing with Tom Brady. TE is not a big position in our offense anyways, we're better just rolling with what we have than wasting a roster spot on a guy who just doesn't have the juice in his legs to play pro football anymore.