AllYouNeedIsLovie

Official 2013-2014 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Thread

Luke Stocker is still not practicing, and from the looks of it, Schiano doesn't seem too happy.

Really hope someone steps up at TE and takes the job away from him. Even when he's healthy, Stocker is still garbage.

Stocker is a bust, time to cut ties with him. Danny Noble ftw.

I assume Revis isn't playing tonight?

Yea, most likely not.

Probably the third game when the vets get the most work.

Yea, most likely not.

Probably the third game when the vets get the most work.

I don't see him playing any preseason snaps tbh.

Derek Dimke looks like a keeper so far. Banks played pretty well.

Adam Weber should be cut in a few hours.

Banks along with Dimke, Ogletree and Brian Leonard are some of the few who looked good.

:Bucs:

Impressed

Jonathan Banks

Danny Gorrer

Jonathan Casillas

Kevin Ogletree

Brian Leonard

Derek Dimke

Dissapointed

Daquan Bowers

Keith Tandy

Chris Owusu

Pass rush in general

Special Teams (besides Dimke)

Adam Weber (Fucking LOL)

Overall, pretty dissapointing. Our starters played fine, but our depth is awful. Ravens 2nd and 3rd stringers embarrassed our guys.

Edited by RogerGoodellSucks

One more thing, I'm going to puke if I hear one more person claim Glennon should start now or Glennon is our future or some shit. Come the hell on, I mean he did okay for his first ever NFL action, but seriously? If anything he proved in this game why he shouldn't start anytime soon. He is clearly not ready. Completed less than half his passes with no touchdowns and a pick, and what I thought was his biggest problem....he kept staring down receivers. Mainly Chris Owusu, at times it felt like Glennon didn't have interest in getting anyone else the ball lol.

Dude has a long ways to go, and he may never get there. If Freeman does indeed flop this year, I'd rather go big for a franchise QB in the draft than keep going with the same project QB crap we've been doing since like forever. Not to say he won't ever get a shot or something, but I'm not sure why I should expect him to be any better than Freeman has been.

• Upvote 1

One more thing, I'm going to puke if I hear one more person claim Glennon should start now or Glennon is our future or some shit. Come the hell on, I mean he did okay for his first ever NFL action, but seriously? If anything he proved in this game why he shouldn't start anytime soon. He is clearly not ready. Completed less than half his passes with no touchdowns and a pick, and what I thought was his biggest problem....he kept staring down receivers. Mainly Chris Owusu, at times it felt like Glennon didn't have interest in getting anyone else the ball lol.

Dude has a long ways to go, and he may never get there. If Freeman does indeed flop this year, I'd rather go big for a franchise QB in the draft than keep going with the same project QB crap we've been doing since like forever. Not to say he won't ever get a shot or something, but I'm not sure why I should expect him to be any better than Freeman has been.

This.

I thought people were just trolling at first, but a lot of people seemed to be pretty impressed with Glennon today. Sure, the kid showed some potential, but he has a long way to go. And also, people complain about Freeman being so inaccurate, Glennon definitely wasn't any better.

The only thing I am worried about is our pass rush which is really nothing new.

All the other stuff was STs errors and screw ups with mostly players that won't even be here. But I do hope that gets cleaned up and I am fairly confident that it will...

But again, pass rush...still really worried...

Bowers stayed in there for a long time and didn't do a damn thing. Not a good sign. Gholston and Means (from what I saw) looked OK. I did see them get some push but not enough, obviously. I am hoping Aaron Morgan (when he played last year looked intriguing) can get back soon (I think just a little neck strain or something) and flash. If he can show something and then Clayborn can get back to 100% I'll be a little more at ease.

Leonard looked impressive and before Hillis went down he looked good as well. He was punishing guys. Hopefully it's nothing serious and is only out for a couple days if at all.

EDIT:

http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/peyton-hillis-suffers-knee-injury-in-bucs-preason-opener/

Update: (11:14 am) A source tells me that Hillis’ diagnosis is a hyperextended knee and is not considered serious. He is not expected to miss significant playing time.

Good news. I honestly think Leonard and Hillis will give us a good group of backs behind the main man Doug.

Edited by BucD

Stephen Holder ‏@HolderStephen 10h

Talked to Johnthan Banks after game. Asked how he played so fearlessly. He looked at Revis, who was next to us, and said: "Listening to him"

:devious:

That's great that Revis is making an impact already and he hasn't even played a down yet. Making players around you better separate the good players from the great players; The Jordan effect.

http://profootballta...ent-toe-injury/

Last year, the Buccaneers splurged on three big-name free agents: Vincent Jackson, Carl Nicks, Eric Wright.

Wright already is gone. While Nicks is still there, he's not really there — because of a toe injury that will always be there for Nicks.

Nicks showed up for camp with his foot heavily bandaged, and he has participated sparingly in practice. He explained to reporters that it's a condition that won't completely be going away. Ever.

"

I will have to deal with it my whole life," Nicks said, via JoeBucsFan.com. "Honestly, it is not 100 percent, yet. I plan on playing some this next preseason game and obviously, the third one. We will see how it goes."

Regardless of how it goes, it's never going away.

"I have all the confidence in the world I will be back to playing," Nicks said. "I will just have to deal with it my whole life. I would lie if I told you it didn't affect me at all. It affects the way I walk, the way I stand around. I have to stand a certain kind of way. It is something I just have to deal with. I don't want to get into taking painkillers and not knowing if it is hurting."

It's unclear whether Nicks is suffering from turf toe or some other toe injury. Regardless, it's affecting him — and it will be affecting him forever.

This blows. Probably won't ever be the guard we paid him to be.

Not good news on Nicks, we'll see how he does this year but if this appears to be a serious problem, he may become a cap casualty with that contract.

I don't overreact to preseason, but I'm getting some concern over our d-line. We all knew it would be a question mark, but seeing it in person worries me. We took a big risk on letting Bennett walk and giving Bowers his chance, but damn the dude is having a such a poor camp/preseason that it sounds like he may not even be the starting LDE in favor of DTN. Clayborn missed the first game, so I won't judge his performance against the Patriots much. But he's never really overly impressed me. McCoy is a stud in the middle there, but the lack of ability to find a outside pass rusher continues to haunt this franchise since freakin' 2006. Akeem Spence looks like a solid find in the 4th round as a DT next to McCoy though.

Yep, lots of people were concerned about our pass rush, including me, and it looks like it'll end up hurting us a lot this year.

I don't have confidence in anyone on our d-line to provide consistent pressure. Clayborn is a solid overall player, but I never see him being an elite pass rush. Bowers has been a huge disappointment thus far. Dude needs to wake the fuck up and get in the right mindset. The rest of our DE's are late round draft picks or just not good. McCoy is great, but you can only expect so much out of him pass rush wise because he plays in the middle and gets double teamed a lot. Our outside rushers need to be taking advantage of this and beat their 1 on 1 matchups. Spence's main job is to stop the run and he seems to be doing a fine job in replacing Roy Miller's role. Not expecting much pass rush at all from him.

What about your guys analysis on Freeman thus far?

He's barely played, can't make a serious analysis on him. Hopefully he gets a lot of action next week.