badgers

EA raise video game prices

The United Kingdom based retail outlet, GAME, has verified that the price of next-gen titles from Electronic Arts for the PlayStation 4 (and presumably the Xbox One) will be raised from £39.99 to £54.99. Development costs and all that jazz.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/EA-Raises-Prices-Next-Gen-Games-54-99-57437.html

For Americans it's about $80 the article says. This is way uncool. Are they trying to make video games unaffordable?

EA is a slimey money hungry company with no skills or knowledge on how to make good games. Screw EA.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/EA-Raises-Prices-Next-Gen-Games-54-99-57437.html

For Americans it's about $80 the article says. This is way uncool. Are they trying to make video games unaffordable?

Not diggin' this news. Give me Tecmo Super Bowl back. I'll just run bitches over with Bo Jackson all day.

• Upvote 2

to be fair, it has been a while since video games went up in price, then again they're still pretty damn expensive

EA is a slimey money hungry company with no skills or knowledge on how to make good games. Screw EA.

It seems they can do whatever they want though because people buy their games anyways. I don't know what it is with them. I don't even really enjoy their games anymore.

I hope that this causes a lot of people to stop buying EA games. It'll cause them to rethink what they're doing.

to be fair, it has been a while since video games went up in price, then again they're still pretty damn expensive

To be real honest with you guys I think $60 for a video game is over the top. I think $40-$50 is alright. But $80? Get out of town, EA.

Edited by badgers
  • Upvote 1

To be real honest with you guys I think $60 for a video game is over the top. I think $40-$50 is alright. But $80? Get out of town, EA.

I'm not disagreeing with that statement, but:

DSC00655.jpg

DSC00657.jpg

LOL paying $80 for a game... Especially one made by EA.

I'm not disagreeing with that statement, but:

DSC00655.jpg

DSC00657.jpg

I actually take a little comfort in this...knowing that once the smoke clears the prices will likely drop for one of two reasons...age of the system, or lack of sales.

Haven't bought a full price game in a long time, don't plan to start anytime soon. 80$ is way too close to 100$ for my liking.

• Upvote 1

Not diggin' this news. Give me Tecmo Super Bowl back. I'll just run bitches over with Bo Jackson all day.

Avid TSB player right here! :rock:

EA pushed me over the edge with Madden 13. Now there's literally no chance I support their company in the foreseeable future.

This. I was thinking of buying NHL 14, but if it's 80 bucks, that plan goes right out the window.

I rarely buy games new (I make exceptions for sequels I've been anticipating i.e. GTA V) so that they come cheaper. Guess I'll just have to wait a little longer now.

EA pushed me over the edge with Madden 13. Now there's literally no chance I support their company in the foreseeable future.

Obviously, it's that amazing Infinity Engine that made Madden 13 so great that is inflating prices of EA video games.

Looks like I won't be buying EA games in the future.

I know I've told myself this before (until those bastards dragged me in with the blatantly scripted BF4 promo), but I will not buy any EA games in the future. Hopefully, this time, I can surpass a month and make this a lifetime pledge.

EA have driven the final nail into their own coffin. This price rise means that they will be charging close to $100 AUD for a game here. Wtf...

That's B.S.!! I usually wait some time and then buy them used, for about 10-15-20 bucks! Though I just recently bought NCAA College Football 2014 for $59.99 I just couldn't help myself. LOL. And man, it is the best one yet! Well worth it. I love EA NCAA football,always did. But Madden, forget about it. Last one I bought was 2009, and I will NOT buy another. They still can't get it right!

This. I was thinking of buying NHL 14, but if it's 80 bucks, that plan goes right out the window.

Bingo, that's why I posted this. I don't play Madden any more, and I don't like any of their other games.

Fifa is okay but I only play it because my friends have it. I never play by myself.

Was hoping to get NHL 14 this year but it doesn't look like I'll be getting it (I'll either get it used for cheap or try to get it real cheap in the future).

Bingo, that's why I posted this. I don't play Madden any more, and I don't like any of their other games.

Fifa is okay but I only play it because my friends have it. I never play by myself.

Was hoping to get NHL 14 this year but it doesn't look like I'll be getting it (I'll either get it used for cheap or try to get it real cheap in the future).

Well the good news is that once NHL 15 and the PS4 come out, NHL 14 will be extremely cheap. I've gone to stores where I live and see sports games that are 2 years old cost $5.

Pre-ordered NHL 14 already. :yep:

This won't matter toward NHL 14 as NHL 14 won't be for PS4 or Xbox One. It'll still be $59.99 for PS3 and Xbox 360.

Doesn't seem like any of the big gaming media outlets or forums have picked up on this yet. Kinda weird.