Sign in to follow this  
Phins4life

Small Scale Awards idea

I'm not sure what caused me to make the comparison, but I got the idea that the new Elite system is at least loosely based around the "Whole Member" concept...kind of stealing from Air Force doctrine here, so bear with me. Airman/NCO/etc. of the Quarter awards tend to go to "Whole Airmen"...people who do a bit of everything as well-rounded members of the team.

I was thinking we could also have a smaller scale awards system more geared towards "job performance" for lack of a better comparison. Something like a Post of the Month honor, or maybe on a larger scale, a Poster of the Month. Something geared strictly towards people who put great thought into their posts (be it humor or knowledge, or whatever else), rather than focusing on upping the post count, and those who may just not have the time to add to the other things like organizing leagues or games, etc. I guess the recognition could come in the form of a badge or something to be worn and passed around to each new winner...never sitting in one place, no different from Elite status.

In general, I think this would be more tailored towards getting the newer folks recognized, whose better posts might just get lost in the shuffle due to lack of name recognition or whatever. Idk...just some late night rambling to mull over if you want.

I've been a member on other sites with a "Poster of the Month" thing, and it didn't really change anything.

"Post of the Month" actually sounds worse, no offense.

And FTR, I'm also not a fan of yearly awards.

Newer posters should continue to post because of the great discussion and debates we have here, not because of some shiny new award.

Edited by BLUE

I've been a member on other sites with a "Poster of the Month" thing, and it didn't really change anything.

"Post of the Month" actually sounds worse, no offense.

And FTR, I'm also not a fan of yearly awards.

Newer posters should continue to post because of the great discussion and debates we have here, not because of some shiny new award.

Fair enough, and no offense taken. The suggestion box would be useless without solid criticism.

• Upvote 1