Sign in to follow this  
Mentch

Whats Up

What's up everyone, I'm Mentch, currently 20 and a student in college, gonna be 21 in August. Some of you might know me from Hoops-Nation, others of you might know me from other sports sites, I tend to post around a lot. Been a hardcore NFL fan almost my entire life, since 1998 to be exact. In terms of my favorite sports, it's football first, basketball second, and baseball third

Been a Vikings fan since 1998 and a Raiders fan since 1999. Don't be fooled by my avatar, I loved watching the Greatest Show on Turf play and Isaac Bruce is my favorite WR of all time next to Jimmy Smith, but I'm not a Rams fan lol. In the NBA, I used to be a Sonics fan before they moved, it sucks that we couldnt get the Hornets or the Kings but hopefully we can get the Bucks lol. In the MLB, I like the Mets and Tigers

I have to say, I absolutely love the site so far. Been looking for a main football site to post at since football season is coming around, and it's pretty safe to say I've found a home here. I also run a podcast called "The Podium", if you'd like to check it out, just lemme know and I'll link you to what I've released so far. I've also done a ton of writeups, including some segments that I like to call "The 4th Dimension", which takes a look back at some what-if moments and evaluates how they could have played out differently

Also, the Falcons will miss the playoffs this year. Book it under my bold predictions

• Upvote 1

Welcome to the boards man, hope you enjoy them and stay active. Nice intro.

What school you at? I'm about the same age as you. I'm turning 21 in September.

And I'll make sure to check your bold predictions thread. Love that you have the Falcons missing out on the playoffs. TGP%20Yep%20Gif.gif

Welcome to the boards man, hope you enjoy them and stay active. Nice intro.

What school you at? I'm about the same age as you. I'm turning 21 in September.

And I'll make sure to check your bold predictions thread. Love that you have the Falcons missing out on the playoffs. TGP%20Yep%20Gif.gif

Thanks man! I'm actually at community college right now haha, I'm trying to transfer to Texas Tech either at the end of this semester or the semester after that

My bold predictions are just the start of what I plan on posting on here. I love writing about football history, especially "What If" moments that could have gone much differently. Working on posting one right now as we speak over one of the most underrated blown calls of all time: Jerry Rice's fumble in the 1999 NFC Wild Card game

Thanks man! I'm actually at community college right now haha, I'm trying to transfer to Texas Tech either at the end of this semester or the semester after that

My bold predictions are just the start of what I plan on posting on here. I love writing about football history, especially "What If" moments that could have gone much differently. Working on posting one right now as we speak over one of the most underrated blown calls of all time: Jerry Rice's fumble in the 1999 NFC Wild Card game

That's cool. I know a bunch of people who have done 2 years at a community college and then transferred to a bigger one. Definitely saves a lot of $.

Definitely looking forward to your other contributions. I'm personally not familiar with Jerry Rice's fumble in the Wild Card game because I didn't start following the NFL until 2002. Definitely will make sure to read that.

Edited by RogerGoodellSucks
  • Upvote 1

Welcome to TGP broham!

I see you're fan of MSU and a Tigers fan too. Are you from Michigan? lol.

I'm not haha, but I do have an aunt and uncle who live near Detroit. Lived in Dallas my whole life though. I base the sports teams that I'm a fan of off when I first started watching sports and getting into them. MSU, I mainly became a fan of them because of their basketball program at first, as I started watching while Jason Richardson was playing for them (I have his college jersey actually). I respect their football program though, and I did watch a replay of MSU beating Florida in the 2000 Citrus Bowl the other day though on the Big 10 Network (great game btw). Big 10 is my favorite college conference in general

I became a Tigers fan in the late 90s/early 2000s. Yes, I was around for their 43 win season in 2003 lol. 10 years later though, following them and being a fan of them is finally worth it. That's why I'm a fan of the teams that I am, cuz I know that one day, it'll be so sweet when they finally do win

Nice intro, and welcome to the board.