oochymp

If you could add either person to your team

Fairly simple concept, list two people and the next poster explains which of the two they would add to their favorite NFL team with some explanation. I thought this would lead to some interesting discussion, I put this in the sideline so that it wouldn't be limited to NFL players, obviously that would be easier, but I think it would be more interesting to expand into other sports or even outside the world of sports. If the people listed (or the person you choose) isn't a current football player then include in your explanation where you would be playing them.

Two basic rules:

1) If one of the two people suggested is already on your favorite team, you don't get to pick the other and say that way you'd have both, the game is if you could have either, so if person 1 is already on your team and you choose person 2, then your team loses person 1

2) Try to make it difficult, if you list something like Aaron Rodgers and Mark Sanchez, you lose

Alright, let's start off with a pair of top college football players:

Johnny Manziel or Jadeveon Clowney (I suppose it's an easy question for some teams, but for anyone in need of a QB, which is about half the league ... )

Edited by oochymp

Fairly simple concept, list two people and the next poster explains which of the two they would add to their favorite NFL team with some explanation. I thought this would lead to some interesting discussion, I put this in the sideline so that it wouldn't be limited to NFL players, obviously that would be easier, but I think it would be more interesting to expand into other sports or even outside the world of sports. If the people listed (or the person you choose) isn't a current football player then include in your explanation where you would be playing them.

Two basic rules:

1) If one of the two people suggested is already on your favorite team, you don't get to pick the other and say that way you'd have both, the game is if you could have either, so if person 1 is already on your team and you choose person 2, then your team loses person 1

2) Try to make it difficult, if you list something like Aaron Rodgers and Mark Sanchez, you lose

Alright, let's start off with a pair of top college football players:

Johnny Manziel or Jadeveon Clowney (I suppose it's an easy question for some teams, but for anyone in need of a QB, which is about half the league ... )

Clowney...for pretty obvious reasons in regards to Miami. Clowney/Wake duo would be too epic for the NFL to handle.

Trent Richardson or CJ Spiller (is this kind of what you had in mind?)

Clowney...for pretty obvious reasons in regards to Miami. Clowney/Wake duo would be too epic for the NFL to handle.

Trent Richardson or CJ Spiller (is this kind of what you had in mind?)

Spiller. Think he's better and I think he'd fit what I imagine the Eagles scheme to be like better as well.

Tim Tebow or Mark Sanchez

(is this kind of what you had in mind?)

yeah, I'm not entirely sure exactly what I had in mind, anything really is fair game

for Tebow v. Sanchez, unfortunately neither is not an option (because what fun is that?) so I'd go with Tebow, I think we've seen all we're gonna see out of Sanchez, and it's not very good, so I wouldn't mind throwing Tebow in with the offensive pieces we've got and see what he does

Patrick Willis or Larry Fitzgerald

Willis. Dez is better than Fitz and our defense is trash. :yep:

Manti Te'o or Tyrann Mathieu

Teo, don't want to deal with Pacman 2.0

LeBron James or Kevin Durant

LeBron James, Kevin Durant would be a pretty soft tight end. I mean LBJ isn't much better, but he's the best flopper in the league.

Peyton Manning or Eli of the same clan?

Eli.

Geno Atkins or JJ Swatt

I'd have to go with Atkins since we run a 4-3 base, I'm think Swatt would still be very good in a different formation, but Atkins is already familiar and has already excelled in the 4-3

Adrian Peterson or Calvin Johnson

Calvin Johnson. While I love Peterson. Johnson would be nasty on the Bucs with Jackson and Williams already here.

Julio Jones or AJ Green.

Calvin Johnson. While I love Peterson. Johnson would be nasty on the Bucs with Jackson and Williams already here.

Julio Jones or AJ Green.

Damn this is a tough one...but I'm choosing Jones. He strikes me as the more physical of the 2, and we need some muscle opposite Wallace.

Earl Thomas or Eric Berry?

Probably Earl Thomas.

Richard Sherman or Darelle Revis (assuming Revis is 100%)

Richard Sherman, I tend to lean toward the younger player when the skills are that close, even if it's only by a few years

DeMarcus Ware or Calvin Johnson

Calvin

Jamaal Charles or Andre Johnson

Jamaal. Already have three sick receivers, don't need 4. It may actually be actively detrimental to have too many great weapons.

Jared Veldheer or Tyvon 'Tree' Branch

Branch

Tamba Hamba Hali or Brian Osackpo

Branch

Tamba Hamba Hali or Brian Osackpo

tough call, both are great players, the biggest question from the perspective of a Titans fan is how easily they would transition to a 4-3 (we don't have the personnel to switch to a 3-4) so I'm gonna go with Hali, who played DE in a 4-3 for his first three seasons in the NFL

Ben Roethlisberger or JJ Watt

Edited by oochymp

tough call, both are great players, the biggest question from the perspective of a Titans fan is how easily they would transition to a 4-3 (we don't have the personnel to switch to a 3-4) so I'm gonna go with Hali, who played DE in a 4-3 for his first three seasons in the NFL

Ben Roethlisberger or JJ Watt

Watt

A.J. Green or Joe Thomas

Watt

A.J. Green or Joe Thomas

tough call as both are very good players at positions of strength for the Titans, I'll go with AJ Green because you can find a way to use another receiver a lot easier than you can find a way to use another OT

Jozy Altidore or Usain Bolt

did I kill this by bringing up a soccer player? noted, I'll go ahead and answer it with Altidore, not sure where he'd play, but he's got plenty of athleticism so I'm sure we could find a spot for him at WR or DB, if nothing else I'm sure he'd be a great kicker :p I don't think Bolt's straight line speed would translate very well to football

let's see if I can get this restarted:

Richard Sherman or Adrian Peterson

Sherman. Peterson is amazing but we already have a very good rb in spiller. We're weak at corner other than Gilmore.

Clowney or Watt

Watt. I'll take the sure thing over the unknown.

Eric Weddle or Jairus Byrd

Watt. I'll take the sure thing over the unknown.

Eric Weddle or Jairus Byrd

Since these guys are both so good I'll go with Byrd just because of the fact that he is a tad younger.

Kyle Rudolph or Jermaine Gresham

Since these guys are both so good I'll go with Byrd just because of the fact that he is a tad younger.

Kyle Rudolph or Jermaine Gresham

I'll take Rudolph

Colin Kaepernick or Andrew Luck

I'll take Rudolph

Colin Kaepernick or Andrew Luck

Luck, Kaep and Chris Johnson in the read option would be disgusting, but I like Luck's overall talent set better

Wes Welker or Reggie Bush