oochymp

Which division is going to be the best this season?

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which division is going to be best in 2013?

• AFC North
    • AFC South
    • AFC East
    • AFC West
    • NFC North
    • NFC South
    • NFC East
    • NFC West

Seattle lost to Miami and Detroit so shut yer mouth, boy. Stop sucking off your Seahawks and worry about your friggin' Broncos.

Early in the season they lost to them but at the end they didnt just beat the NFC champions, they beat them, stole their car and stole their girlfriends. Seattle is going to be much better then SF this year because they have better talent and a much better QB

• Downvote 1

Early in the season they lost to them but at the end they didnt just beat the NFC champions, they beat them, stole their car and stole their girlfriends. Seattle is going to be much better then SF this year because they have better talent and a much better QB

The Texans stomped the eventual SB champion Ravens same score as that 49ers @ Seattle game.

I forgot people were still talking about that. Who gives a shit on both accounts.

Ok boy. Keep hyping up Seattle.

The Texans stomped the eventual SB champion Ravens same score as that 49ers @ Seattle game.

I forgot people were still talking about that. Who gives a shit on both accounts.

Ok boy. Keep hyping up Seattle.

I think their the only team in that division that has the talent to backup they're hype. SF is going to take a step back this year

I voted for NFC West, all teams have great potentially defenses and great chance to make the playoffs. Then you have the Niners and Seattle leading the way.

My top three would be

1. MFCW

2. AFCN

3. NFCS

It has to be the NFC West. No other division has all four teams getting buzz.

What buzz are the Cardinals getting?

What buzz are the Cardinals getting?

Indeed. I didn't know media hype automatically equalled best division.

This is pretty much the stupidest way to measure this question. But the NFCS also has all four teams getting "buzz" so even by this logic, your statement is false.

This is pretty much the stupidest way to measure this question. But the NFCS also has all four teams getting "buzz" so even by this logic, your statement is false.

Yes but no one in the NFC south packs a defense like 3 of the NFC west teams do. The rams, niners and Seattle defense can out physical almost every team in the league

NFC West, specifically because I think the Cardinals will be a headache in that division this year. The defense is consistent and nasty, and depending on how Kevin Minter pans out they might have the second best set of backers in the division. Honey Badger is going to make some plays too, bet on it. On offense, they added a talented kid in Jonathan Cooper to sure up the interior line. That o-line is actually really good when they're healthy which has been their problem.

One of the reasons I was excited to watch the Cardinals this year is because I'm a big A&M fan and loved Ryan Swope. Sucks for him, he would've had a field day underneath Fitz and Michael Floyd. They got Mendenhall who is underrated, and Ryan Williams entering year two. Palmer has been on shitty teams the last 10 years, but keeps having 25+ TD seasons.

NFCW, NFCS, and AFCN are all pretty close and all will be good divisions.

They're not anymore. They are going to be a spread team. They basically rebuilt the Oklahoma offense around Bradford and are going to try and sling it this year but they do bring a thumper defense

I will be shocked if Fisher runs a spread offense and comes out slinging it, and who do they have at receiver that will support that style offense?

I will be shocked if Fisher runs a spread offense and comes out slinging it, and who do they have at receiver that will support that style offense?

Chris givens who was their best deep threat last year, tavon Austin who was the big playmaker at wr in this draft, stedman bailey who is the 3rd smurf receiver and the second wr from West Virginia they drafted this year, Brian quick who will be their big man receiver in the end zone and Jared cook at TE. Trust me, their going to spread people out and sling the rock

NFC West, specifically because I think the Cardinals will be a headache in that division this year. The defense is consistent and nasty, and depending on how Kevin Minter pans out they might have the second best set of backers in the division. Honey Badger is going to make some plays too, bet on it. On offense, they added a talented kid in Jonathan Cooper to sure up the interior line. That o-line is actually really good when they're healthy which has been their problem.

One of the reasons I was excited to watch the Cardinals this year is because I'm a big A&M fan and loved Ryan Swope. Sucks for him, he would've had a field day underneath Fitz and Michael Floyd. They got Mendenhall who is underrated, and Ryan Williams entering year two. Palmer has been on shitty teams the last 10 years, but keeps having 25+ TD seasons.

NFCW, NFCS, and AFCN are all pretty close and all will be good divisions.

Don't forget, Bobbie massie was playing at a high level in the second half of last season and was one of the better right tackles. They also signed Eric Winston who may get a shot at that left tackle spot if massie continues to improve. Cooper will solidify one guard position while the cardinals 4th round pick earl watford may have a shot at the other guard spot. Mendenhal is the starter right now but it's only a matter of time before Ryan Williams or Stepfan Taylor take it from him. The cardinals are not a team to sleep on this year, they had a very good draft

Yea the Rams have too many receivers who can make things happen short and long to not sling the ball around. Even if Fisher is their head coach. Plus they are still paying Bradford a ton of money.

Also, while idt the 49ers arent going to be bad, most teams who lose out in the Super Bowl tend to have down years... And the 49es could fall into that fate with how competitive that division is.

Yea the Rams have too many receivers who can make things happen short and long to not sling the ball around. Even if Fisher is their head coach. Plus they are still paying Bradford a ton of money.

Also, while idt the 49ers arent going to be bad, most teams who lose out in the Super Bowl tend to have down years... And the 49es could fall into that fate with how competitive that division is.

I honestly believe it will be hard for the niners to get back to the playoffs. Seattle is a overall better team and the rams played better then the niners last year in their division games. This isn't a walk away division this year, there's some serious competition

Like Kemp said earlier, I think you can eliminate half of the divisions. Don't think you could make a case for the AFC West, AFC South, AFC East or NFC East (lol at the 2 homers who voted for the NFC East.)

I personally voted for the NFC West. The 49ers and Seahawks are probably 2 of the top 5 teams in the NFL and have 2 of the best defenses in the NFL. As long as their QB's don't run into slumps or get injured due to their aggressive play, they are both going to be very tough to beat. The Rams have a very stout defense and have added some weapons to make their offense more explosive. While they won't be as good as SEA and SF, they will still be a very tough team to beat. For the Cardinals, I think Carson Palmer is a huge upgrade over what they had at QB before, which is going to make them a much better team alone.

The NFC South and AFC North got a lot of consideration from me too though. The Falcons have been one of the best teams in the NFL for the past few years. Yes, they struggle in the playoffs, but that doesn't mean they still aren't a good team. The Saints defense sucks, but their offense will be explosive as long as Brees and Payton are there and that alone will win them games. The Bucs have an extremely talented team. If Freeman plays consistent and Bowers and Clayborn provide a pass rush, this team will be a lot more dangerous than most people realize. The Panthers are another team with loads of talent. Their secondary is a weak point, but they have a great front 7 that may be able to make up for it. Coaching is an issue too, they really need to close out close games.

The AFC North obviously has the defending champs in the Ravens. While they lost a lot of key players, they managed to do a solid job in replacing them. The Bengals are a very talented team with a very good defense. They added some more weapons on offense so it is really time for Dalton to step it up and take this team to a new level. If he can do that, they will probably be the best team in the division. The Steelers are still solid, but Ben staying healthy is a big question. If he does, they will definitely compete for the division title. If not, they are in a lot of trouble. The Browns are improving, but unfortunately are stuck in a very tough division where they probably won't be able to compete. Still not an easy win though.

I didn't consider the NFC North as much as these 2 divisions, but I could still see a case being made for them.

Interesting thread when you think about it. I think it's hilarious that the NFC East is hands down the worst division in the NFC right now. Hearing all of their fans refer to it as the NFC Beast all the time got old really quick, especially when the Giants were the only team that actually ever did anything in it. That division is garbage right now. I'd love to know the two people who voted for it in this thread and see if they actually had a valid case for it, or just voted to be a homer.

I think it's hilarious that the NFC East is hands down the worst division in the NFC right now. Hearing all of their fans refer to it as the NFC Beast all the time got old really quick, especially when the Giants were the only team that actually ever did anything in it. That division is garbage right now. I'd love to know the two people who voted for it in this thread and see if they actually had a valid case for it, or just voted to be a homer.

gotta love the cyclical nature of the league, it's tough for even one team to stay at the top for long, much less a whole division, it's also interesting to see how good the NFC West is right now considering that only three years ago the division champion finished the season at 7-9

• Upvote 1

who voted for the NFC East? I'm kinda curious as to why, to me all four teams have pretty big question marks

I accidentally voted the east but I meant to vote for the NFC west so one of those votes is mine

NFC South...pretty easy honestly IMO

Saints get Sean Payton back...after finishing last year at 8-8 and fielding one of the worst defenses ever presented to mankind

Panthers...are young and always competitive..and if it weren't for a few late 4th Q breakdowns last year..they would've been above .500

Bucs... Freeman is dogshit, but what the Bucs have around him in V-Jax, Mike Williams, Doug Martin, and their defense is impressive. The addition of Revis alone is intimidating of itself.

Falcons, I won't ejaculate over them right now :D

NFC West: I have to go with the NFC West first. They have two of the top teams in the NFL with top defenses in the league. Those two powerhouses alone make this division formidable. Then you add in the Rams who had a pretty good showing last year going 7-8-1. They went 4-1-1 in a tough division and even swept the 49ers. They have a pretty solid defense and was tied #1 in sacks in the league. The verdict is still out on the offense but still a good defense. Then the Cardinals which in my opinion will be a formidable squad this year. I do believe them acquiring a Carson Palmer will make them a much better team. I believe Larry Fitzgerald will emerge as a top WR again and Mendenhall may prove to bring stability at the RB (at least). Moreover, the Cardinals had a good defense last year. Ray Horton is gone but the talent is still there. If they can play to last years standards and help out their offense, I can see them winning some games. All four teams in this division had good defenses last year. The West wins it for me.

NFC South: This was a hard one for me. Honestly, I think the NFC South has the potential to be the best division period. The Falcons are a top team in this league. I believe with the return of Sean Payton, the Saints will reemerge as a top team in the league as well. Drew Brees carried the worst defense in NFL history to 7-9 without his head coach as well. The Saints defense is going through a transition to a 3-4 but they still can't be worse than last year. The Saints will be back in the mix. The Panthers were very competitive last year. The Panthers played some good football last year but lost games in the 4th quarter. The lost 7 of their games by a TD or less. If they can clean up their 4th quarter miscues, I believe they will be a tough team. They buffed up their defense on the draft and may have created a very formidable defensive line to go with their talented LB core. The Bucs can go from night to day in my opinion. They made a huge splash in the offseason acquiring Darrelle Revis and Dashon Goldson. That immediately improves their secondary. On the offensive side of the ball. Vincent Jackson was probably one of the most productive free agent acquisitions last year. He proved to be a vital weapon for the Bucs. Doug Martin exploded onto the scene and had a top 5 RB performance last year in the running and passing game proving to be a versatile threat. If he can continue to play good and have a season even remotely close to his rookie season, it will vastly help out his offense. It all falls down to Josh Freeman. He has some viable weapons around him and if he can utilize them correctly and play consistent, the Bucs could do some damage in their division and in the league.

AFC North: The Ravens, the Superbowl Champions lost some aging legends but replaced them with young and talented players. The Ravens filled a lot of holes making some great acquisitions on the defensive side of the ball. They lost Anquan Boldin though who was Flacco's lifeline in the playoffs. They only seem to have one viable receiver option at the moment but I'm not sure how he will handle the #1 WR role. However, I do expect the Ravens under Jim Caldwell to run the ball a lot with the two headed monster Ray Rice and Benard Pierce. The Bengals are a very talented team on the cusp of rising in my opinion. They have a top 3-5 WR in the league. They have a very talented defense as well. They've made two playoff berths in a row. If Dalton can step up a bit, they can take the next step in my opinion. As for the Steelers, as long as they have Big Ben, they always have a shot in my opinion; even with the loss of Mike Wallace. Last year, Wallace did however have a underachieving year. Todd Haley's offense is more of a eat you up between the numbers though and Wallace was primarily just a deep threat. Lots of slants and short developing routes in Haley's offense. But it's to be seen if the Steeler's receivers primarily Antonio Brown can produce without Mike Wallace and the attention he receives for stretching the field. The defense has been getting old for a long time but they prove themselves buy being the top 1-3-5 rated defense year in and year out. So until they hit a wall, I'm not counting the defense out. The Browns are also a talented team. They have a talented defense and some nice pieces on offense. Great O-line, possibly a franchise RB and I like Josh Gordon. They are a good QB away from being competitive in my opinion. They also brought in a talented staff with Norv Turner and Ray Horton. This division will be very fun to watch as well.

Definitely wall of text crits, but these are the best divisions in my opinion. I can't wait to see how the NFC South pans out though. I believe they have the potential to be the best.

• Upvote 1

Traditionally it is the NFC South.

I give the West a slight edge because Arizona has a QB now and Rams are up and coming hard.

NFC South is right there. Over the past 3 or 4 seasons. N.O. and Atlanta have been tough competitors. Carolina is going to be a surprise team this year.(Barring major injuries aka 2003). Tampa to me is the question mark. Good Players but seem to lose games they should win.

AFC North. They have the defending Super Bowl champs but they lost some key players, Cincinnati to me, seems to be the new top dog. Pittsburgh has alot of grey in the beards. If Chudzinksi and Turner get their offense going Cleveland is going to suprise someone. AFC North could be as the OP wrote,Top Dawg or be a runaway for Cincinnati.

Just for the record the difference in these three division is so thin that I wouldn't argue one way or the other. The above is my opinion but could be swayed easily with more info.

Since When ?

Stiff battle between NFC West & NFC South but I have to give South the slight edge. Of course I see a 10 win year from the Bucs, Atlanta is one of the best teams in the league, the Saints will be a good team, and Cam Newton is a threat on his own. Arizona and St. Louis are improved teams but I can't see either making a serious run at playoffs, meaning only 1/2 the NFC West is legit.

I actually thought about the NFC East for a minute as I can't see a favorite right now. The Giants might be the easy pick but they're a streaky team and I won't be so quick to take RGIII over the World just yet.

well, three weeks into the season this threat is making a lot of us look silly, myself included with the collective implosion of the AFC North, but most divisions who were picked heavily in this thread have seen the same fate, in the NFC West the Seahawks have been every bit as good as advertised, but the 49ers are not looking like the same team that went to the Super Bowl last year and the Cardinals and Rams seem to still just be the Cardinals and Rams, the NFC South has seen the Saints make a huge step forward with the return of Payton, but more importantly with an unexpectedly great defense, but the Falcons have had a lot of injuries to deal with, the Bucs have continued to regress and the Panthers still can't win a close game (though I've gotta give them props for the huge win this week, but I'm not sure whether it says more about them or the Giants) which brings me to the NFC East, another division a lot of people were expecting a lot from and most of us were expecting something from but currently boasts a total of three wins, two of which came by way of inter-divisional games, those who picked the NFC North, well done, they seem to be the best of those receiving votes here, but are they even that good? to say Minnesota is struggling is an insult to struggling, the Packers couldn't beat the Bengals yesterday despite 30 unanswered points, and the Lions lost to Arizona, that said I think it's worth revisiting this thread even after only three weeks.

at this point I think top division may come down to the two I considered the weakest going into the season: the AFC East and AFC West, the only two divisions that boast more than one undefeated team, all three of the AFC East's losses have come in divisional matchups while in the West I think every team is hitting the most optimistic projection thus far

Definitely not the NFC East. Giants and Redskins 0-3 :yao:

Don't tell that to Mathias. All that matters is that there is history in their rivalries. :yao:

Edited by RogerGoodellSucks