DavethePanther

Why Carolina's Defense will Be Different in 2013

As I have stated before.

The Carolina Defense will be a different and much better defense in 2013 than in the past.

It is from Catscratch but provides a very good analysis of what occurred in 2012 and how things will change in 2013.

This was not a bad defense in 2012 as their Top 10 would imply. Edwards, Star, Short and Cole are going to make the defensive line much better.

Read for yourself.

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2013/7/21/4544156/the-carolina-panthers-defense-where-its-been-and-where-it-could-be

As I have stated before.

The Carolina Defense will be a different and much better defense in 2013 than in the past.

It is from Catscratch but provides a very good analysis of what occurred in 2012 and how things will change in 2013.

This was not a bad defense in 2012 as their Top 10 would imply. Edwards, Star, Short and Cole are going to make the defensive line much better.

Read for yourself.

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2013/7/21/4544156/the-carolina-panthers-defense-where-its-been-and-where-it-could-be

Read why Carolinas defese will be better in 2013, from a Carolina Panther fan site....

Right, Got it, On it.

:yeahthat::deadhorse::bs: :loser: :sarcasmalert::lol: :gtfo:

You keep talking about how the Panthers defense will be so much better, you're beating a dead horse at this point. No one here has ever questioned the Panthers front seven. It was the secondary that we questioned.

A site dedicated to the team though isn't exactly the best case you could make for the Panthers at this point.

Waits for the day when the Panthers have played the Falcons and Saints twice and will check the D's stats at that point. :smug:

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I'm in wait and see mode.

Doesn't look like the defense solved the major issues of 2012. Rookies are good at getting coaches fired though. Even good rookies like Fletcher Cox and Michael Brockers took half a season or more to start producing.

• Upvote 1

Nakamura not playing is a huge upgrade, Godfrey replaces him at his more natural FS spot.

If Star can just stand his ground, the D will be improved. The secondary doesn't worry me. Just because they aren't household names doesn't mean they suck.

Nakamura not playing is a huge upgrade, Godfrey replaces him at his more natural FS spot.

If Star can just stand his ground, the D will be improved. The secondary doesn't worry me. Just because they aren't household names doesn't mean they suck.

I wouldn't say they suck, but certainly vulnerable.

Through 3 Qtrs the Bears accummulated Zero yards rushing. Everyone is so looking at last year as your basis on this year.

Two Picks, One fumble recovery and SEVEN Sacks.

The front seven will make the back 4 look good. Josh Norman had two picks in Friday's game and Carolina was pressing. Once the pressing starts those gimme slants will be harder to complete..

Continue to hate.

No one ever said where were going to blank N.O. and Atl. This defense was top 10 last yr and they have improved greatly. In fact they were #1 Defense in the NFCS. Wonder where ATL and NO. ranked?

Obviously you didn't read the article. Made great sense and was pretty accurate on what Carolina did last year and why it will be different.

Edited by DavethePanther

Alright! Yeah! Let's hype up the defense's performance in the very first preseason game as an accurate indicator of how well they're going to do in the regular season!

Simultaneously, we shall downplay how poor the first team offense looked, because hey, its only preseason.

No, it's not hypocritical of me to do that, why do you ask?

Edited by Thanatos19

Go back and read the first post. STFU... Who the hell are you to criticize everything I write. The topic was about the defense.

Offense was OK. Wouldn't say poor as you put it. Alot of good things.

For a GD Panther fan you sure don't see much bright things do you?

Why don't you just ignore my post cause you are going to criticize everything I say. So just play with your boyfriend and leave out of your constant hate.

It's preseason. After the first quarter, there were probably very few starters in the game, if any at all. No offense, but I think you put way too much stock in preseason, especially the first game.

By your standards, I should be bummed out and grasping the possibility of the Falcons going 0-16 after the week 1 preseason loss they suffered.

• Upvote 1

Davethepanther is a angry man. At least his daughters are hot.

Go back and read the first post. STFU... Who the hell are you to criticize everything I write. The topic was about the defense.

Why don't you just ignore my post cause you are going to criticize everything I say. So just play with your boyfriend and leave out of your constant hate.

Oh, so now we're going to stoop to using "boyfriend" as if being gay were something you could insult people with. Just lol.

The first team offense punted after the first possession, didn't get very far. The second possession came inside the 20-yard line after Norman's INT, and they managed to punch it in on 3rd and goal. Awesomeness. The 3rd possession was an INT off a very poorly thrown ball by Cam.

That's "OK?" ROFL.

I do think that Cam Newton takes a big step forward this year, but I refuse to believe their running game will help him out and the offense will greatly improve.

Preseason games mean nothing any more. Now days you don't even really get a look at offensive or defensive schemes. All you get to see are pretty basic play calls and guys trying to make plays, that's it. They aren't trying to do anything special or tip their hat to other teams. I think you all need to just sit back and relax. You can't take away anything good or bad unless it's based on individual performance. You can get an idea of where your team is at in terms of offensive line chemistry and players individually, but nothing too much.

To sum up Daves dribble......

SEVEN sacks, TWO picks, and a fumble recovery in the FIRST preseason game? Imagine where we will go from here??? :rock: SUPERBOWL BABY!!!

Cam 3/6 16 yards and a pick. Thats ok, no big deal, its only preseason. Who really cares anyway...

:oops:

A. NEWS FLASH! You are on a message board! People, especially people who are fans and rivals of your team are going to comment what you say about their team/divisional opponents specifically.

B. You are almost TOO easy to criticize sometimes, I havent read one post from you that hasnt been full of Panther dick blowing, and a "fuck you, you dont know what my team can do" attitude.

A. NEWS FLASH! You are on a message board! People, especially people who are fans and rivals of your team are going to comment what you say about their team/divisional opponents specifically.

B. You are almost TOO easy to criticize sometimes, I havent read one post from you that hasnt been full of Panther dick blowing, and a "fuck you, you dont know what my team can do" attitude.

Oh I see.. So to be on this forum you have to hate on not only everyone elses team but your own too.

The initial post was about why I believe we would be better based on a very good article about how the Panthers approached last season.

So posting reality is illegal. The post about the game was factual. ZERO Yards rushing in the 1st three quarters. Pretty impressive for a team that used Cover 3 (a passing down defense to assist the running game) a majority of the season.

I didn't mention offense because I was staying within the idea of the initial thread. Which many of you, including you, fail to realize. All you want to do is criticize every post. Just to criticize. That's OK. if you want I can do the same. Ruin every thread just to ruin it like you do mine. All Cool

I am not going to spew hatred on my team because all you guys think it Hip to knock your own team just for the sake of doing it.

• Downvote 1

Damn man, your taking this all pretty harsh. We aren't saying to knock your team, but being realistic is certainly something that goes a long way with a lot of guys here.

I have yet to see you point out any direct weaknesses of the Panthers, and when someone does you jump all over their ass. You honestly believe that the Panthers have no holes in their team. It's pathetic.

What you're spewing, Dave, isn't realism.

It's candyland seen through rose-colored glasses, lol.

• Upvote 1

Davethepanther is a angry man. At least his daughters are hot.

:picsorstfu:

:picsorstfu:

I'm not that big of a dick. Cardinal will be stalking them and adding them on facebook :shrug:

Seriously though Dave your allowed to have your own opinion on your team. But why is it every time someone has a different one, you get angry? You may think something is impressive. Others may just say its preseason and none of that matters. Doesn't make you or them right.

• Upvote 2

Damn Dave did you see tonight's game? No TDs?? They have to be a lock for the first overall pick after this performance man. Lock that shit up