BwareDWare94

Predict Your Team's Regular Season

I'm a little flabbergasted at the entire season thread. While I think it sounds kind of fun and might give it a shot, I think we can start small with our favorite teams, the teams we know inside in out. List up to 2 team posts, but keep them separated to avoid excessive post length, because I know we all follow at least two teams fairly well. The posts may be long, but try to forego block paragraph explanations.

COWBOYS

1. Win vs. NYG (31-21)--I don't like the way the Giants are looking right now. (1-0)

2. Loss @ KC (21-17)--The Chiefs will be much improved with a better QB and a real coach. (1-1)

3. Win vs. STL (28-17)--The Rams aren't going to be as good as people think. Not yet, but soon. (2-1)

4. Win @ SD (34-14)--The Chargers have some work to do. (3-1)

5. Win vs. DEN (24-21)--The Cowboys always have success against Peyton Manning. (4-1)

6. Win vs. WSH (28-20)--The Redskins, and mainly Griffin and Morris, will come down to Earth. (5-1)

7. Loss @ PHI (21-20)--The Eagles will surprise with some home wins, even if they aren't a playoff contender. (5-2)

8. Win @ Det (27-10)--Much like last year, the Lions will struggle against good defenses. (6-2)

9. Loss vs. Min (20-14)--The Vikings will sport a much improved Christian Ponder, and AP will dominate (6-3)

10. Win @ NO (17-14)--In a surprisingly low scoring matchup, the Cowboys pull it off with a late TD. (7-3)

11. BYE

12. Win @ NYG (24-20)--As I said, I don't like what the Giants have done, and I don't think Nicks and Cruz match up well with Carr and Claiborne. (8-3)

13. Win vs. OAK (34-7)--Oakland is terrible. McFadden will be injured by then. The Raiders are hopeless. (9-3)

14. Win @ CHI (24-14)--The Bears won't be the same with Lovie and his staff. (10-3)

15. Loss vs. GB (30-20)--The Packers need a win, and get one. (10-4)

16. Loss @ WSH (20-14)--The 'skins need a win, and get one (10-5)

17. Win vs PHI (30-13)--Dallas avenges an early season loss to the birds. (11-5, 1st NFC EAST)

For once, I'm feeling it with Dallas. I haven't been truly confident in them for several years, and they look to be the best team in their division as of now.

But that's why they play the games.

Notable Stats (approximations):

Romo: 4000 YDs, 30 TDs, 12 INTS

Dez: 1400 YDs, 15 TDs

Austin: 1100 YDs, 8 TDs

Witten: 1200 YDs, 2 TDs

Murray: 1150 YDs, 6 TDs

Ware: 14 sacks, 4 FFs

Spencer: 12 sacks, dominant against the run

Claiborne, 6 INTs, 2 return TDs

Players to watch out for:

Terrence Williams, Dwayne Harris, Bruce Carter, Barry Church

I'll post the Vikings later.

• Downvote 2

Week 1 vs. Green Bay. Win. Could very well see us losing to team seeking some revenge but probably not at home.

Week 2 @ Seattle. Loss. Nobody beats Seattle at home.

Week 3 vs. Indianapolis. Win.

Week 4 @ St, Louis. Loss.

Week 5 vs. Houston. Loss.

Week 6 vs. Arizona Win.

Week 7 @ Tennessee. Win.

Week 8 @ Jacksonville. Win.

Week 9 BYE

Week 10 vs. Carolina. Win.

Week 11 @ New Orleans. Loss.

Week 12 @ Washington. Loss.

Week 13 vs. St. Louis. Win.

Week 14 vs. Seattle. Win.

Week 15 @ Tampa Bay. Win.

Week 16 vs. Atlanta. Loss.

Week 17 @ Arizona. Win.

10-6.

Edited by Bay

I can't see the Cowboys sweeping the Giants and beating the Broncos. Maybe if Von Miller wasn't going to play, but he'll be back for week 5. I'll post my Bucs predictions later.

Notable Stats (approximations):

Romo: 4000 YDs, 30 TDs, 12 INTS

Dez: 1400 YDs, 15 TDs

Austin: 1100 YDs, 8 TDs

Witten: 1200 YDs, 2 TDs

so Dez, Austin, and Witten combine for 3700 yards and 25 TDs while Romo throws for 4000 yards and 30 TDs, meaning that either everyone else on your team combines for 300 receiving yards and 5 TDs or someone else does some of the passing, that is an absurdly top heavy passing game (three players getting about 93% of the team's receiving yardage) not to mention only five teams have ever had three 1000 yard receivers

• Upvote 2

lolBware. Take a fucking seat with Crash in the homer corner, brah. :yao: And where are your predictions for the Vikings?

:Patriots:

@ Buffalo - W

vs. NYJ - W

vs. TB - W

@ Atlanta - L

@ Cincy - L

vs. NO - W

@ NYJ - W

vs. Miami - W

vs. Pittsburgh - L

@ Carolina - W

vs. Denver - W

@ Houston - L

vs. Cleveland - W

@ Miami - L

@ Baltimore - W

vs. Buffalo - W

11-5

lolBware. Take a fucking seat with Crash in the homer corner, brah. :yao: And where are your predictions for the Vikings?

:Patriots:

@ Buffalo - W

vs. NYJ - W

vs. TB - W

@ Atlanta - L

@ Cincy - L

vs. NO - W

@ NYJ - W

vs. Miami - W

vs. Pittsburgh - L

@ Carolina - W

vs. Denver - W

@ Houston - L

vs. Cleveland - W

@ Miami - L

@ Baltimore - W

vs. Buffalo - W

11-5

At least denver has real potential to backup what I've predicted. Dallas is starting to look like Oakland after their last Super Bowl with Jerry jones starting to make A LOT of questionable decisions that is slowly starting to take its toll on the team

Week 1 @ Detroit: Win

Week 2 @ Chicago: Loss

Week 3 vs Browns: Win

Week 4 vs Steelers (London): Loss

Week 5 vs Panthers: Win

Week 6 at Giants: Loss

Week 7 vs Packers Loss

Week 8 at Dallas: Win

Week 9 vs Redskins Win

Week 10 at Seattle: Loss

Week 11 at Green Bay: Loss

Week 12 vs Bears: Win

Week 13 at Baltimore: Win

Week 14 vs Eagles: Win

Week 15 at Cincinnati Loss

Week 16 vs Lions: Win

Overall a 9-7 record and miss the playoffs.

:Chargers:

1. Houston. L (34-24)

2. @ Philly. W (42-38).... If anyone is going to break the SB trend it will be SD.

3. @ Tennessee. W (35-24)

4. Dallas. L (35-31)....Romo vs Rivers, should be fun and possibly hilarious in clutch moments. :popcorn:

5. @ Oakland. W (21-17)

6. Indy. W (42-31)

7. Jax. W (17-13)

8. BYE

9. @ Washington. L (31-24)...looking forward to going to this game but I think RG3 tears us up.

10. Denver. L (34-21)

11. @ Miami. L (24-21)

12. @ KC. L (27-24)...Close game at Arrowhead, not feeling bold.

13. Cincinatti. W (24-17)...Ok maybe a little bold.

14. NYG. L (31-28)

15. @ Denver. L (38-21)...Denver is looking real good

16. Oakland. W (34-21)

17. KC. W (28-21)

8-8....sadface. Really sucks that I can't say we will do better but I'm not going to put my stock in this offense finding any sort of consistent functionality.

Wow predicting that the 49ers go 10-6, that is crazy. Anyways for the Packers:

Week 1: @ San Francisco-L, I can't see the Packers winning in Candlestick

Week 2: vs Washington-W, RG3 will provide a challenge but I can't see the Redskins' defense being able to stop Rodgers

Week 3: @ Cincinnati-W, will be a tough game but GB is able to sneak out with a win

Week 4: Bye, fuck week 4 byes

Week 5: vs Detroit-W, Detroit hasn't won in Wisconsin in 20 years and they won't this season

Week 6: @ Baltimore-L, it will be tough playing in Baltimore and I see Rice being problematic for the Packers

Week 7: vs Browns-W, Browns are improving but not good enough to take out the Packers

Week 8: @ Minnesota-W, the Packers' defense is going to redeem themselves and actually manage to slow AP down

Week 9: vs Chicago-W, the Packers' have Cutler's number and will continue to harass him

Week 10: vs Philadelphia-W, I don't see Chip Kelly having much success in his first season

Week 11: @ New York Giants-L, even with the losses on the d-line the Giants' passrush will harass Rodgers

Week 12: vs Minnesota-W, the Vikings will want revenge and will make it a close game but I have my doubts about the Vikings' secondary

Week 13: @ Detroit-W, the Lions will be improved but won't be able to beat the Packers

Week 14: vs Atlanta-W, night game at the Frozen Tundra will slow down both top notch offenses but the Packers will be ready

Week 15: @ Dallas-W, the Cowboys will continue being mediocre

Week 16: vs Pittsburgh-L, the Steelers will be good and are able to pull off a last-minute win

Week 17: @ Chicago-W, the Packers pull off the sweep of the division

12-4 sounds about right, although there probably will be a surprise loss somewhere so 11-5 is very possible

Wow predicting that the 49ers go 10-6, that is crazy.

10-6 isn't much different than 11-4-1.

I could see us being a little worse or a little better. Think 10-6 is a fair medium.

:Bengals:

Week 1 @ Bears - Loss (0-1)

Week 2 vs. Steelers - Win 1-1

Week 3 vs. Packers - Loss 1-2

Week 4 @ Browns - Win 2-2

Week 5 vs. Patriots - Loss 2-3

Week 6 @ Bills - Win 3-3

Week 7 @ Lions - Win 4-3

Week 8 vs. Jets - Win 5-3

Week 9 @ Dolphins - Loss 5-4

Week 10 @ Ravens - Loss 5-5

Week 11 vs. Browns - Win 6-5

Week 12 - Bye

Week 13 @ Chargers - Win 7-5

Week 14 vs. Colts - Win 8-5

Week 15 @ Steelers - Win 9-5

Week 16 vs. Vikings - Win 10-5

Week 17 vs. Ravens - Win 11-5

A.J Green - 95 receptions, 1,230 yards, and 12 TDs.

Andy Dalton - 3750 yards, 29 TDs and 13 INTs.

BenJarvus Green-Ellis - 840 yards, 6 TDs.

Giovani Bernard - 960 yards, 8 TDs.

Week 1 Falcons @ Saints

Loss 35 - 42 This is a tough one. The Falcons open up on the road at the Superdome. Sean Payton returning to the Saints for week 1, they're going to have a lot of excitement out of the gates. It's a close game, but I believe the Saints win the game in a second half shoot out.

Week 2 Falcons vs Rams

Win 28 - 17 The Rams are putting together a great team with an extremely solid defense, but that offense leaves room for improvement. The Rams can't keep up with the Falcons high octane offense in their week 2 match up and the Falcons' defense holds steady this week and Steven Jackson flourishes against his former team.

Week 3 Falcons @ Dolphins

Win 24 - 21 The Falcons head into Miami at 1-1 on the season. Although the Dolphins get some added defensive motivation with former Falcons cornerback Brent Grimes looking for redemption, he's no match for Julio Jones and Roddy White this weekend as the Falcons air it out and win a tight fight.

Week 4 Falcons vs Patriots

Win 38 - 28 With limited options for Tom Brady at wide out, I believe Gronkowski makes his first start of the season in week 4 against the Falcons. While Gronkowski runs wild on the Falcons' defense, Matt Ryan leads the Falcons to a big win on prime time TV against the Patriots.

Week 5 Falcons vs Jets

Win 27 - 10 An already struggling New York Jets football team heads into Atlanta with little hope. Steven Jackson runs away with the football game and the Falcons move to 4-1 on the season.

Week 6 BYE

Week 7 Falcons vs Buccaneers

Loss 17-24 The Buccaneers always tend to give the Falcons a tough fight. The Falcons suffer their second loss of the season in a big way at the Georgia Dome and they move to 0-2 in the division.

Week 8 Falcons @ Cardinals

Win 34 - 14 The Atlanta Falcons are looking to rebound after a tough home loss against the Bucs when they head to Arizona. The Falcons keep Carson Palmer running for his life and questioning his accuracy in this matchup. Matt Ryan and the Falcons offense turn loose on the Cardinals defense.

Week 9 Falcons @ Panthers

Win 17 - 14 The history of close games between the Falcons and Panthers continues in week 9 when the Falcons visit the Panthers. The Falcons defense keeps Cam Newton in the pocket this week and Steven Jackson helps lead the Falcons to a close one in Carolina.

Week 10 Falcons vs Seahawks

Loss 17 - 27 The Seahawks win big in Atlanta during their week 10 matchup. The Falcons offense shows bitter weakness against a stout pass D and Matt Ryan finds himself running for his life with no one to throw to.

Week 11 Falcons @ Buccaneers

Win 30 - 20 Josh Freeman shows inconsistency and the Falcons offense gets back on track putting up 30 points in week 11.

Week 12 Falcons vs Saints

Win 45 - 28 Atlanta begins to assert themselves as a big playoff contender and win a high flying battle against the New Orleans Saints in the Georgia Dome.

Week 13 Falcons @ Bills

Win 24 - 20 A struggling Bills team is no match for the Falcons in week 13.

Week 14 Falcons @ Packers

Loss 20 - 21 Aaron Rodgers and the Packers over come a tight game in over time to beat the Falcons

Week 15 Falcons vs Redskins

Win 27 - 20 The Falcons rebound after losing in over time and keep RG3 at bay.

Week 16 Falcons @ 49ers

Win 27 - 24 Atlanta is looking to redeem themselves against the 49ers after being swept in the playoffs. Atlanta will hold on to a tight game and walk away the victors.

Week 17 Falcons vs Panthers

Win 28-17 The Falcons need to win heading into the playoffs to keep the Saints off their tails, they get a big win against he Panthers and soar into the playoffs.

12-4. I do feel like the Falcons can sweep the Panthers, but 11-5 is probably a more safe bet. Either way the Falcons make the playoffs.

A few stick out Statistics

Matt Ryan - 4800 Yards, 32 TD 11 INT

Julio Jones - 1300 Yards, 10 TD

Roddy White - 1100 Yards, 6 TD

Tony Gonzalez - 750 Yards, 5 TD

Steven Jackson - 255 Carries, 1100 Yards, 13 TD (3 Fumbles)

Falcons Defense will be scored between 13th - 19th in the league.

The reasoning behind Steven Jacksons TD count is that I'm accounting for both receiving and rushing touchdowns. Also, I truly believe he will get near the same amount of goal line carries as Turner did last season. If that's the case, Jackson should easily convert many of the same types of carries that Turner failed to produce on.

Edited by Rain Man

And I'm called a homer

Not exactly sure how 11-5 is a homer prediction for a team that looks significantly better than the other divisional teams right now. It's not like I stomped out here with 12-4 to 15-1 and predicted that the world was coming to end.

[/size]

so Dez, Austin, and Witten combine for 3700 yards and 25 TDs while Romo throws for 4000 yards and 30 TDs, meaning that either everyone else on your team combines for 300 receiving yards and 5 TDs or someone else does some of the passing, that is an absurdly top heavy passing game (three players getting about 93% of the team's receiving yardage) not to mention only five teams have ever had three 1000 yard receivers

That's why I went with approximations. I guess 4500 is more feasible for Romo if he stays healthy. There's another 500 yards to play with, and 800 yards to spread out for a bunch of players who aren't going to see a lot of passes isn't too bad. Let's put Austin down to 900 yards, because I'll just assume he doesn't stay healthy. There you are, 1000 yards to play with.

I typed this up with about 10 minutes at my disposal and threw some stuff out there that I don't think is absurd. Now that I've got some time and adjusted it, does it sound too bad?

And I really don't understand how I'm being a homer with these predictions. Dez Bryant is going to be a beast, barring injury. Miles Austin could easily go for 1000 yards, as could Jason Witten considering the number of passes Witten's going to haul in. And look at how top heavy Dallas' pass catching depth chart is. Unless Harris, Williams, or Escobar are going to break out for 500-700 yards, I don't know who's going to cut into Bryant, Austin, and Witten's targets.

None of the other three teams in this division look too great right now. I could be wrong, but who knows?

Also, losing Maclin is huge for Philadelphia, so let's say Dallas sweeps Philly and splits with NYG.

I think Dallas will be good this year. I guess that makes me a homer.

Do I need to predict a 6-10 season in order to not get that fucking tag? I'm sick of it. I haven't earned it, especially in recent years.

Edited by BwareDWare94

For once, I'm feeling it with Dallas. I haven't been truly confident in them for several years, and they look to be the best team in their division as of now.

But that's why they play the games.

I'll post the Vikings later.

@BJGE

R-E-A-D. I know it's a tough task for you, but I think you can handle it. :p

:Bucs:

Week 1 @ Jets: Win

Week 2 vs. Saints: Win

Week 3 @ Patriots: Loss

Week 4 vs. Cardinals: Win

Week 5 - Bye

Week 6 vs. Eagles: Win

Week 7 @ Falcons: Loss

Week 8 vs. Panthers: Win

Week 9 @ Seahawks: Loss

Week 10 vs. Dolphins: Win

Week 11 vs. Falcons: Win

Week 12 @ Lions: Win

Week 13 @ Panthers: Loss

Week 14 vs. Bills: Win

Week 15 vs. 49ers: Loss

Week 16 @ Rams: Win

Week 17 @ Saints: Loss

10-6

Hopefully, this is good enough for a Wild Card spot.

Edited by RogerGoodellSucks

Guest Phailadelphia

I'm too lazy to go through the individual match-ups but I think Dallas can go 10-6 if they stay moderately healthy.

And even if they don't, I know Dez is going to have an insanely good year. If the 'Boys are bad I can at least take some solace in seeing him butt rape every secondary he comes across.

Not exactly sure how 11-5 is a homer prediction for a team that looks significantly better than the other divisional teams right now. It's not like I stomped out here with 12-4 to 15-1 and predicted that the world was coming to end.

Remember in the 2010 offseason when the Cowboys looked head and shoulders better than everyone else in the NFC East, but then they proceeded to shit the bed and go 6-10? :laugh:

With Dallas' schedule, 11 wins is a stretch. They're an 8-9 win team. With good fortune, they might win 10 games.

Homers gonna homer, though.

Week 1 - @Steelers - Loss - Because Roethlisberger is a bitch.

Week 2 - @Texans - Loss - Fuck JJ Watt.

Week 3 - Chargers - Win - Because we have to beat San Diego at some point.

Week 4 - Jets - Win - Sanchez? LOLOLOLOLOL

Week 5 - Chiefs - Loss - Andy Reid is going to sit on CJ before the game.

Week 6 - @Seahawks - Loss - Cause this game is going to be Lynch running over Griffin repeatedly.

Week 7 - 49ers - Loss - They're superbowl runner ups, we're toilet bowl runner ups.

-Bye-

Week 9 - @Rams - Win - It's around this point that St. Louis catches up with the rest of the NFL world in realizing Sam Bradford sucks.

Week 10 - Jaguars - Win - lol srsly?

Week 11 - Colts - Win - Ain't nobody got time for Andrew Luck's 14 dropped interceptions.

Week 12 - @Raiders - Loss - Because winning 4 in a row is not something the Titans do.

Week 13 - @Colts - Loss - Because sweeping the Colts is not something the Titans do.

Week 14 - @Broncos - Loss - Regular season Peyton Manning? :(

Week 15 - Cardinals - Win - The Titans will molest Palmer. Figuratively and literally.

Week 16 - @Jaguars - Win - :yao:

Week 17 - Texans - Loss - Watt...wut r u doin...Watt...staaaaahp.

7-9 Sounds right.

• Upvote 2

Remember in the 2010 offseason when the Cowboys looked head and shoulders better than everyone else in the NFC East, but then they proceeded to shit the bed and go 6-10? :laugh:

With Dallas' schedule, 11 wins is a stretch. They're an 8-9 win team. With good fortune, they might win 10 games.

Homers gonna homer, though.

I find it ironic that you refer to anyone as a homer when you have your location listed as "on the pilgrimage to Super Bowl 48."

The patriots making it to the super bowl wouldn't be much of a surprise though.

Of course, I Don't think being a bit of a homer is that bad. Why not get excited about your team? I'm not saying you should always expect them to be a top team no mattter what, but the Cowboys wining 11 is not that big of a difference from last year.

Edited by blotsfan

The patriots making it to the super bowl wouldn't be much of a surprise though.

Of course, I Don't think being a bit of a homer is that bad. Why not get excited about your team? I'm not saying you should always expect them to be a top team no mattter what, but the Cowboys wining 11 is not that big of a difference from last year.

Losing Hernandez and Welker will hit them pretty damn hard, and we've yet to see if either Gronk or Amendola can stay healthy. I'm sure this Pats team will win the division, but I think it'd be a huge surprise if they wound up in the Super Bowl.

There are only a handful of teams in the NFL who don't have a remote chance of winning 11 games, but Dallas isn't one of them, so I'm not really showing homer tendencies, imo.

I find it ironic that you refer to anyone as a homer when you have your location listed as "on the pilgrimage to Super Bowl 48."

lol, I put that in there because I live in North Jersey and might possibly go to SB 48. I'm not predicting the Pats to go to SB 48, you stupid fuck.

Losing Hernandez and Welker will hit them pretty damn hard, and we've yet to see if either Gronk or Amendola can stay healthy. I'm sure this Pats team will win the division, but I think it'd be a huge surprise if they wound up in the Super Bowl.

Pats nearly went to Super Bowl XLI with absolute dog shit at receiver. Their receiving options this year are miles ahead of the garbage in 2006. You can dwell about Welker and Chico, but Brady will move on and still produce at a pretty damn good rate.

And maybe if the AFC was strong, the Pats would be a long shot to make the SB, but it's not. It's a fairly weak conference. They have a legitimate shot.