Sign in to follow this  
Omerta

The History Channel.

I'm just glad they got over their "end of the world" phase that they've been going through over the past couple years.

I'd like this five million times if I could.

Last summer I left to go back to school and didn't get the history channel. I used to watch it all the time for the same shows you just outlined, probably more then any individual sports channel. I just came back this past summer and I've only seen about 30 minutes worth of that channel in total.

It sucks. :(

Ya know I know that those shows were nothing compared to the shows they had before, that said at least there was some historical content in there worthy of not. Maybe not so much in the gloom and doom but the factual depictions of the Mayan Calendar and how Calendars had changed through time from the pure solar calendar of the Mayan to the religious influenced Roman depiction of the calendar. I mean there was at least something to watch their where you could appreciate it. Now it just blows ass.

Used to love History Channel. They've been through this before though with Ice Road truckers and they got back for a brief time and started to do good things again. Then came the end of the world crap and Ancient Aliens. I occasionally look for Modern Marvels and I liked Vikings but I'm really effing sick of the reality shows.

Reality shows, in my opinion, represent everything that is wrong with America.

I actually like Ice Road Truckers and American Restoration, but everything else is awfully boring. I believe there is a History2 Channel or something now that plays all the old shows.

I watch Pawn Stars and American Pickers when they're on and I'm bored. :shifty:

Pickers is getting to annoy me. I find those guys loathsome. I like Pawn Stars though and Vikings is a great show.

Pickers is getting to annoy me. I find those guys loathsome. I like Pawn Stars though and Vikings is a great show.

:yep: Vikings was actually in my top 5 shows thius past TV season, so happy that they renewed it!

I really like Pawn Stars because it's always something interesting that they bring in to the Gold and Silver Pawn Shop, like really cool and unique stuff most of the time! :biggrin:

Ax Men is an awesome show.

Guest Phailadelphia

Because ALIENS (that show is on the History Channel isn't it?).

Check out PBS. They still have lots of educational, informative shows on these days. Things you would expect to see on THC but don't.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Because ALIENS (that show is on the History Channel isn't it?).

Check out PBS. They still have lots of educational, informative shows on these days. Things you would expect to see on THC but don't.

I don't know why the federal government doesn't just reform and then privatize PBS! :shrug:

When PBS was created there was a legitimate argument to have a public broadcasting station, but now TV packages are cheap, and it's just another area of daily life and commerce where the government (whether that be municipal, state or federal government) should have zero role whatsoever! :yep:

Any level of government should never be in the business of running any type of commercial / business enterprise, the average American is more capable when left alone to do just that with their own private resources! :yep:

I don't know why the federal government doesn't just reform and then privatize PBS! :shrug:

When PBS was created there was a legitimate argument to have a public broadcasting station, but now TV packages are cheap, and it's just another area of daily life and commerce where the government (whether that be municipal, state or federal government) should have zero role whatsoever! :yep:

Any level of government should never be in the business of running any type of commercial / business enterprise, the average American is more capable when left alone to do just that with their own private resources! :yep:

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

I used to like Pawn Stars but then it dawned on me that they aren't even a Pawn Shop. What kind of pawn shop buys a god damn military jet?

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

:yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep:

I used to like Pawn Stars but then it dawned on me that they aren't even a Pawn Shop. What kind of pawn shop buys a god damn military jet?

Its just for show. The actual pawn shop is really small and you have to wait in line forever just to get inside.

I wonder how much they pay the guys to come out and look at what the people bring in. I actually know one of the camera men for the show, he is a Bucs fan.

Edited by Bucman

It doesn't look THAT SMALL. Not as big as the Hardcore Pawn shop, but definitely bigger than the shoe box used for Hardcore Pawn Chicago. lol

I've heard it's pretty small from somebody who went while visiting Vegas, and that half the shop is full of merchandise tied to the show, I guess they get all that crap out when they're filming