Bay

Two-RB packages?

Saw this on NFLN...

Which two RBs from the same team in the backfield at the same time would cause the most damage/matchup nightmares?

Love talking Runningbacks. :yep:

Kendall Hunter and LaMichael James (not to mention Kaepernick) is a ton of speed back there. Rice/Pierce and Lynch/Turbin are some good power combos.

Edit: Forgot about LeSean McCoy and Bryce Brown, they compliment each other greatly and I'd probably put them as first.

Edited by SolomonGrundy

Arian Foster Ben Tate

Adrian Peterson and anybody.

Somebody on the Network did say Peterson and Gearhart because it's Adrian Peterson and it doesn't matter. ha

Others mentioned Spiller and Jackson and S-Jax and Rodgers.

Edited by Bay

Toby Gearhart was kind of a beast when he went in for AP.

I would have to vote Ray Rice/Bernard Pierce, they are a solid compliment to each other.

I would certainly put CJ Spiller/Fred Jackson into that conversation though. They're both quality.

Spiller and Jackson.

While not the best combo, I know the Jags have been practicing with Denard Robinson at QB, with MJD and Justin Forsett lined up next to him. Interesting possibilities there to say the least (3 great to decent rushing threads and a guy who can throw if need be.)

Steven Jackson and Jacquizz Rodgers both in the backfield is going to pretty scary... especially when they have Julio Jones, Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez all lined up on the outside.

I'm going to have to go with the Ravens' Ray Rice and Bernard Pierce. Rice is one of the league's best receiving backs and is also a dangerous runner. And it's mostly hype for Pierce at this point, but I think it's deserved. He's going to be a dangerous power compliment.

• Upvote 1

I would say Rice/Pierce as well...for now. I would love to see the Bucs bring back that power+speed RB combo, like we had with Dunn/Alstott. I think we could have had that with Martin and Blount but we all know how that went. Hopefully we can still achieve that with Martin. Right now we have Brian Leonard, Mike James and Peyton Hillis whom I like the best, and is really showing some flashes of his old form in training camp. But we'll see...

Looked at this question and realistically, I'd have to say a Sproles/Pierre Thomas or Reggie Bush/Leshoure combo would be best...only because what Sproles and Bush can do from the passing game.

I think a lot is riding on how Leshoure looks this year as a runner. He consistently looked so great in college and he showed flashes last year... But the 3.7 ypc is just bad...

AP and Chester Taylor...

I can still reminisce. :(

1. I'm going to have to go with Dmac and say the Ravens. Ray Rice is one of the top RBs in the league and definitely one of the most dangerous dual threat RBs. Benard Pierce did an amazing job complimenting him last year. A great change of pace RB with a different running style.

2. I'm going with Lesean Mccoy and Bryce Brown next. Another top RB in this league that is extremely versatile and effective/dangerous with his talents. Bryce Brown compliments Mccoy really well. Mccoy is a very shifty, agile, left to right make you miss runner while Bryce is a down hill runner who seems to have really good lateral movement who can still make guys miss. . He seems to have a second gear (like in 0:47 & 2:25) something that McCoy doesn't have. Here's a video for those who haven't watched him play.

However, if you watch closely, the way he carries the ball is very bad technique. He carries the ball away from his body and swings it while he's running. In the two games where he had back to back 160+ yard games and two TDs, he also managed to fumble the ball 3 times losing possession on every fumble. Ball security is his main issue. That can be fixed with coaching though. This was only a few games while Mccoy was injured but I like what he's shown us ability wise so far and look forward to him getting a few more carries this season in a Chip Kelly offenses that may run the ball a lot.

3. Going to have to go with NBB here. I've already said I'm high on Steven Jackson and believe he will have a great year for reasons that NBB already pointed out. I also believe that Jacquizz Rodgers will be a solid #2 option as well. Even though S.J is used to being grinded out and ran into the dirt being the sole workhorse, I don't believe the Falcons will. Mainly because they have so many aerial weapons and won't have to run the ball as much but I believe they will utilize S.J in moderation giving him more relief then he's use to.

Edit: I also see a lot of people putting C.J Spiller and Fred Jackson. Fred Jackson had an off year last year. Not sure if it was injuries but he did seem to hit a wall. His average was pretty bad and he fumbled the ball a lot. I'm not saying they won't be a good tandem next year, but I don't see them rivaling some of these other talented & younger tandems. I don't see them getting better. Fred Jackson is like 32-33ish.

Edited by dutchff7

Rice and Pierce are the best, imo.

I see nobody mentioned Ridley and Vereen in NE. Ridley is a reliable runner while Vereen is also a big receiving threat.

• Upvote 1

Rice and Pierce are the best, imo.

I see nobody mentioned Ridley and Vereen in NE. Ridley is a reliable runner while Vereen is also a big receiving threat.

While I personally like Rice/Pierce better at the moment, I can certainly envision Ridley/Vereen outplaying them in the coming year. Ridley's role is going to expand this season, and it could be to the extent that he's nearly as productive as Rice despite not being much of a receiver. He only receiver 290 carries last season- that number figures to go up. And both Pierce and Vereen are talents who should see their roles expand in 2013.

It is sad that the Panthers RBs aren't even in the conversation anymore.

Sad but true.

It is sad that the Panthers RBs aren't even in the conversation anymore.

Sad but true.

I think giving both of those guys big money was crazy mismanagement. I like both of them, even still, but at the running back position I just don't think you can justify premium money for two players any more.

But that aside, I do actually think that Carolina is still in the conversation if both runners are healthy.