Sign in to follow this  
Phins4life

The All-IQ Team

The NFL All IQ Team

These are the kind of articles I love to find, because not only do the true dual-threats get recognized, but I always walk away pleasantly surprised. Some of my favorite highlights...

- Ryan Fitzpatrick - People rag on him, but he's still managed nearly a decade in the league. He's pretty set after the NFL with that Harvard degree, too...

- Kealoha Pilares - Not gonna lie, I have no idea who he is, but double majoring in kinesiology AND Rec Science with over a 3.5 is impressive. He shouldn't have any trouble after the NFL.

- Jacob Tamme - A Master's before even reaching the NFL...nuff said.

- London Fletcher - Every ounce of recognition he gets is long overdue. He earned his time on the field and payed his way through a school that doesn't hand out scholarships.

- Both cornerbacks - For all the shit Nnamdi has been taking, he's a smart mother fucker with doctoral parents. Sherman was the best surprise of all...did a 5th year to work on his Master's. I made the mistake of judging the book by its cover...lesson learned. Good on him.

This is an interesting discussion... it's kind of sad to see so many people go into the NFL with a major in Communications.

I'm gonna half to disagree and say Harvin should be top fove

• Upvote 1

How about Vincent Jackson...

He grew up a military brat. Described by his mom as a "math geek" He once won a national poetry contest in Germany. In 1993 his family moved outside of Colorado Springs, Colo. He played football at Widefield High. Was a straight-A student in high school, and earned a 4.3 GPA and graduated fourth in his class of almost 400. Jackson was accepted to Columbia University, and the Ivy League. Being no major schools recruited Jackson for football, he decided to attend the University of Northern Colorado instead on a partial scholarship to play both basketball and football. Eventually he ended up his getting his degree in business from Northern Colorado.

What about christain ponder? A degree in finance and a masters degree in sports management in 2 1/2 years while being the starting QB at FSU. That's pretty impressive!

Kealoha Pilares is the Panthers KR and 4th? 5th? string WR.

He's a decent KR, but he's not great by any means.

Alterraun Verner needs to be mentioned in this thread, during the 2011 lockout he went back to UCLA and finished his degree in math and applied sciences (he had five classes left when he entered the NFL) and really I just wanted the excuse to post this commercial he did for UCLA shortly after going to the NFL