Sign in to follow this  
BC

Manziel may be suspended for season

LOL at the NCAA. 2 Quarters worth of suspension. What a fucking joke.

• Upvote 1

There was some other minor infraction that he wasn't aware of or something. Haven't heard what that was but half a game is a joke. Either suspend him or don't.

Exactly this is like the NCAA trolling everyone. Might as well say you didn't find shit.

The NCAA and A&M agreed on the one-half suspension because Manziel violated NCAA bylaw 12.5.2.1, an NCAA spokesperson confirmed. The rule says student-athletes cannot permit their names or likenesses to be used for commercial purposes, including to advertise, recommend or promote sales of commercial products, or accept payment for the use of their names or likenesses.

In addition to the suspension, Manziel will speak to his team about lessons learned from the situation, and Texas A&M will educate its athletes about signing multiple items for individuals.

"The rule says student-athletes cannot permit their names or likenesses to be used for commercial purposes" unless the NCAA itself is the entity using said student-athletes' names or likenesses for commercial purposes

seriously, if you read that rule to the letter then every NCAA athlete who is ever promoted by the NCAA or a news outlet (say ABC, CBS, whoever else shows college sports games) is in violation of this bylaw, I knew the NCAA was corrupt, but this goes beyond anything I thought was even possible

Guest Phailadelphia

I bet Dez Bryant is FUMING.

Texas A&M - Autographs & Merchandise

Update: Johnny Manziel to appeal the NCAA’s decision hoping to get the suspension reduced to pre game warmups.

• Upvote 1

When I first read about this, the title was cut-off and I saw "Manziel Suspended First Half of Season..."

I then clicked on the link to read the rest: "... Opener."

It's really pathetic. I read a tweet from an OSU player who was ranting about how Tressel/OSU got reamed by the NCAA, and Manziel got half a game off. I don't know if it's warranted ranting, but I still think this is horseshit. I don't agree with punishing people for making money off of their own property (how has no one sued for this right yet?); but if you are going to punish someone, you need to fucking punish them.

(how has no one sued for this right yet?)

I believe there's actually a suit in court right now about that

• Upvote 1

It seems inconsistent with other suspensions the NCAA has doled out in the past.

Namely Dez Bryant getting suspended for the season for lying about having dinner.

So the chump gets away with a real investigation then continues to do his "money" celebration? What a fucking douchebag. He also let the Rice defense get in his head with all the trash talk. Can't wait until he faces SEC teams and does that. He'll be eaten alive.

NFL insider Mike Freeman tweeted the NFL scouts he speaks with "continue to tee off on" Texas A&M redshirt sophomore QB Johnny Manziel.

Freeman added "holy moly" to the depth of the negative evaluations, with one calling the quarterback a "spoiled b----." Apparently these opinions aren't solely focused on off the field behavior, but also his play on it. Media outlets ate up Manziel's unsportsmanlike conduct penalty against Rice following a teammate's touchdown, and he will only be under the spotlight more as the season goes along. We will likely post reports on opposite ends of the spectrum this draft season, but it might be best for you to make your own opinion of the star quarterback.

Source: Mike Freeman on Twitter

I believe there's actually a suit in court right now about that

It should be a no-brainer, but you never know.