Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Breaking Bad Discussion Thread

Bucman (I think) brought this up the other night. Not sure how much run this is going to get with just seven weeks left, but we'll see.

Speculation (no F4E, I don't know anything.) :

I don't think Walt is going to kill Hank, or anyone that's a part of his family. I think there's going to be a third party that ignites a powder keg. (Lydia? The Cartel? The Czechs?)

Jesse is either going to do something stupid to get himself killed or to get himself caught by the third party. This self-destructive, woe is me form that he's in now is by far the worst character in the entire show. It sucked in season three after Jane, it sucked in season four after Gale and it sucks now.

Well, Vin just told us how the show ends. No need to discuss any further.

:yao:

This is just a theory, but here goes...

I have a feeling that the Czechs are going to abduct Walt's family and that's why he was back in the ABQ buying the gun in the foreshadowing at the beginning of Season 5. I could see him teaming up with Hank to try and get his family back in one final showdown. I think Walt will end up dying in this "battle" after saving his family, but if he survives I could see it ending with Hank slapping some handcuffs on him afterward.

I have no clue what could happen to Jesse. I could see him turning himself in to the police.

Not a spoiler or prediction, just how I want the ending to go down...

Jesse kills Walt. I think I'd love a Mexican standoff situation where Jesse shoots Walt and Hank shoots Jesse, but any variation of Walt dying at the hands of his understudy would be great.

pft. I want him to get away with all of it.

• Upvote 1

This show is amazing.

My prediction is this...

Walter kills Skyler or at the very least makes her seem to have been killed.

sorry I dunno how to use those fancy codes to hide my text.

[ spoiler ] [ / spoiler]

I could see maybe faking her death, but not outright killing her. If he's not going to entertain killing Hank, he's certainly not going to entertain killing Skyler

Edited by Vin

Why the heck would that happen. Faking her death so they can be together, maybe... If this was a previous seasons (before the last couple episodes) Walt... I would say maybe. But as it sits right now, I jsut can't see that happening.

Why the heck would that happen. Faking her death so they can be together, maybe... If this was a previous seasons (before the last couple episodes) Walt... I would say maybe. But as it sits right now, I jsut can't see that happening.

Walt takes on characteristics of every person he kills in the show. He cuts his crust off his sandwich like Crazy 8 did., he drinks his alcohol on the rocks like Mike use to. He was driving a volvo after he killed Gus with NH license plates(Gus drove a Volvo). He is now using Sklyers maiden name on his ID.

That sounds like something you looked up... It hasn't happened yet. lol

That sounds like something you looked up... It hasn't happened yet. lol

What hasn't happened yet?

The flash forward scene with him using Skyler's maiden name... lol. I mean, we've seen it.. but it hasn't happened yet as that seems to be the final episode looking at the episode title. So, Imma guess you didn't put all of that together on your own. :p

We need to keep real spoilers different from theoretical spoilers. Maybe leave the speculative theories out of the tags and the ones you look up in them.

Kill everyone.

Walt being the one to kill Jesse would be pretty fitting seeing as part of the reason he's in this situation is because he's pulled Jesse's ass out of the fire so many times.

To have a suitable ending, Walt has to die, doesn't he? Maybe that's just me.

• Upvote 1

Between the cancer, the ricin, and whatever he has planned with the M60; I don't see how he makes it through the end alive.

Here's some stupid (but funny) comics (it seems tumblr is good for something afterall) :

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/breaking-bad-comics

tumblr_mrqoofa6Fb1sylkpto1_500.jpg

This season has been entertaining so far, but it needs moar Jesse.

• Upvote 1

I disagree. This self-loathing Jesse that does nothing but mope around is detrimental to the epicness of the show.

• Upvote 2

^ yes yes and yes.

I think he's just gonna off himself.

As for Walt, as I've said before, I'm still rooting for him.

We saw Walt going back home to get that poison... could it be for Jesse?

http://www.nytimes.c...issue.html?_r=0

By ANNA GUNN

Published: August 23, 2013

LOS ANGELES — PLAYING Skyler White on the television show "Breaking Bad" for the past five seasons has been one of the most rewarding creative journeys I've embarked on as an actor. But the role has also taken me on another kind of journey — one I never would have imagined. My character, to judge from the popularity of Web sites and Facebook pages devoted to hating her, has become a flash point for many people's feelings about strong, nonsubmissive, ill-treated women. As the hatred of Skyler blurred into loathing for me as a person, I saw glimpses of an anger that, at first, simply bewildered me.

For those unfamiliar with the show: Skyler is the wife of Walter White, a high-school chemistry teacher who, after learning he has lung cancer, begins cooking and selling methamphetamine to leave a nest egg for Skyler, their teenage son and their unborn daughter. After his prognosis improves, however, Walter continues in the drug trade — with considerable success — descending deeper and deeper into a life of crime.

When Skyler discovers what Walter has been up to, she tries to stop him, to no avail. She is outraged by the violence and destruction of the drug world, fearful for her children's safety, disgusted by the money Walter brings in and undone by the lies and manipulation to which he subjects her.

Because Walter is the show's protagonist, there is a natural tendency to empathize with and root for him, despite his moral failings. (That viewers can identify with this antihero is also a testament to how deftly his character is written and acted.) As the one character who consistently opposes Walter and calls him on his lies, Skyler is, in a sense, his antagonist. So from the beginning, I was aware that she might not be the show's most popular character.

But I was unprepared for the vitriolic response she inspired. Thousands of people have "liked" the Facebook page "I Hate Skyler White." Tens of thousands have "liked" a similar Facebook page with a name that cannot be printed here. When people started telling me about the "hate boards" for Skyler on the Web site for AMC, the network that broadcasts the show, I knew it was probably best not to look, but I wanted to understand what was happening.

A typical online post complained that Skyler was a "shrieking, hypocritical harpy" and didn't "deserve the great life she has."

"I have never hated a TV-show character as much as I hate her," one poster wrote. The consensus among the haters was clear: Skyler was a ball-and-chain, a drag, a shrew, an "annoying bitch wife."

I enjoy taking on complex, difficult characters and have always striven to capture the truth of those people, whether or not it's popular. Vince Gilligan, the creator of "Breaking Bad," wanted Skyler to be a woman with a backbone of steel who would stand up to whatever came her way, who wouldn't just collapse in the corner or wring her hands in despair. He and the show's writers made Skyler multilayered and, in her own way, morally compromised. But at the end of the day, she hasn't been judged by the same set of standards as Walter.

As an actress, I realize that viewers are entitled to have whatever feelings they want about the characters they watch. But as a human being, I'm concerned that so many people react to Skyler with such venom. Could it be that they can't stand a woman who won't suffer silently or "stand by her man"? That they despise her because she won't back down or give up? Or because she is, in fact, Walter's equal?

It's notable that viewers have expressed similar feelings about other complex TV wives — Carmela Soprano of "The Sopranos," Betty Draper of "Mad Men." Male characters don't seem to inspire this kind of public venting and vitriol.

At some point on the message boards, the character of Skyler seemed to drop out of the conversation, and people transferred their negative feelings directly to me. The already harsh online comments became outright personal attacks. One such post read: "Could somebody tell me where I can find Anna Gunn so I can kill her?" Besides being frightened (and taking steps to ensure my safety), I was also astonished: how had disliking a character spiraled into homicidal rage at the actress playing her?

But I finally realized that most people's hatred of Skyler had little to do with me and a lot to do with their own perception of women and wives. Because Skyler didn't conform to a comfortable ideal of the archetypical female, she had become a kind of Rorschach test for society, a measure of our attitudes toward gender.

I can't say that I have enjoyed being the center of the storm of Skyler hate. But in the end, I'm glad that this discussion has happened, that it has taken place in public and that it has illuminated some of the dark and murky corners that we often ignore or pretend aren't still there in our everyday lives.

Anna Gunn is an actress.

Edited by Vin