Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Bradley Manning Sentenced to 35 Years

FORT MEADE, Md. — A military judge sentenced Pfc. Bradley Manning on Wednesday to 35 years in prison for providing more than 700,000 government files to WikiLeaks, a gigantic leak that lifted the veil on American military and diplomatic activities around the world.

The sentence is the longest ever handed down in a case involving a leak of United States government information for the purpose of having the information reported to the public. Private Manning, 25, will be eligible for parole in about seven years, his lawyer said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/22/us/manning-sentenced-for-leaking-government-secrets.html?_r=0

I really don't care about some of the things Wiki leaks got a hold of, but if he is the scum bag that put thousands of soldiers at risk before of the intel that he gave up. May he burn in hell.

Apparently this is pretty well known (I'd never heard about it until today), but what a strange, strange story.

Bradley Manning now "Chelsea" Manning

He revealed some bad things, but he put a lot of troops at risk in doing so. He deserves to be punished for at least that.

Apparently this is pretty well known (I'd never heard about it until today), but what a strange, strange story.

Bradley Manning now "Chelsea" Manning

Yeah I don't know about this dude...er um person.

I am a Snowden gal all the way though. :yep:

vvrl.jpg

Most misleading sign I have seen in a long time. Nowhere on that sign does it show the sorry ass piece of shit on the bottom and the people he got killed.

He should not ever see the light of another day. I was personally hoping they hung his ass.

Agree with Ngata. Bradley Manning is a traitor and should have been shot, tbh.

You don't release all that shit knowing its going to put your comrades in arms in danger.

Also, the idea that they're going to try to get the military to pay for his "gender reassignment surgery" absolutely fucking disgusting. He's serving jail time. They shouldn't have to pay for that.

Same thing with the case where the federal judge told the state of Massachusetts that they had to pay for g.r.s. for a convicted murderer. Fuck that. S/he can pay for it him/herself or s/he doesn't get it.

Edited by Thanatos19

Agree with Ngata. Bradley Manning is a traitor and should have been shot, tbh.

You don't release all that shit knowing its going to put your comrades in arms in danger.

Also, the idea that they're going to try to get the military to pay for his "gender reassignment surgery" absolutely fucking disgusting. He's serving jail time. They shouldn't have to pay for that.

Same thing with the case where the federal judge told the state of Massachusetts that they had to pay for g.r.s. for a convicted murderer. Fuck that. S/he can pay for it him/herself or s/he doesn't get it.

Yeah that's pretty messed up. FWIW I don't really sympathize with him, just thought the pic was an ironic contrast. What a strange thing to force the state to pay for. The state should not be responsible for any medical procedure that does not concern health.

Edited by theMileHighGuy

Straight up I can not think of a word strong enough to describe my hate for this man. I hope everything in his life is taken from him right before he is raped to death in prison with a broomstick. Vitriol, loathing, rage, malice, rancor, scorn, repugnance, spite, animosity, all of them combined really just dont describe my utter disdain for the fact he is in existence. I just hope this man dies slowly, painfully, and without mercy.

Edited by Ngata_Chance

The only thing the government should pay for is life reassignment surgery.

He leaked files on US torture, abuse, and documents/videos of our soldiers killing innocent people and laughing about it amongst many others.

IThe "Bradley Manning is a traitor" bit is so overplayed. don't want to tell people how to feel, as I am sure Ngata and others would feel some sense of betrayal. However, some of my buddies who went over right out of high school have, I don't want to say praised, but applauded Manning. They say they know it's bullshit that they (the US) is still in the Middle East and that Manning helped expose some of that. Granted, they are extremely conservative like me... So take that for what it is worth.

On the level of straight fact, there is the common, false assertion, Myth #4, that Bradley Manning leaked “top secret” material. It is true that Pfc. Manning did enjoy top-secret security clearance, a distinction he shared with the 1.4 million other people who are eligible for Top Secret security clearance. (And how, by the way, can any secret accessible by a population the size of all of Vermont and North Dakota together, a group larger than the population of Washington, DC, itself, be a secret?) It so happens that not a single one of the documents that Pfc. Manning declassified was “top secret” status. (By contrast, every last one of the thousands of documents comprising the Pentagon Papers was Top Secret, yet many of Manning's critics claim to love Daniel Ellsberg.) More than half of the diplomatic cables are not classified in any way, and neither was the infamous helicopter gunsight video that shows an Apache gunship slaughtering a dozen Iraqis, including two Reuters news agency employees.

Although the US government has not embraced much responsibility for the hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians who have died in the past ten years, it is frequently assumed (Myth #5 ) that Manning’s leaks have gotten people killed or at least damaged US national interests. But in the three-year span since these leaks came out, there is no evidence of a single civilian or soldier or even spy being harmed by the documents’ release. (I've written at greater length for TomDispatch about the accusations of Manning and Wikileaks having "blood on their hands" come loudest from the same pols and hacks who backed the Iraq War and Obama's Afghan Surge.) Yes, two US ambassadors were recalled from Latin American countries, but this is hardly the diplomatic Armageddon that then–Secretary of State Hillary Clinton luridly promised us.

The foundational ur-myth behind all of the above, its Genesis 1:1 and Myth #7, is that knowledge puts us at risk and that cluelessness will bring us security. It cannot be emphasized enough that the American military and humanitarian debacle in Iraq could never have been possible without extreme levels of government secrecy, distortion and even some lies. The same could be said about our even more catastrophic wars in Southeast Asia a generation and a half ago—dystopian levels of state secrecy entail a very heavy cost in blood (and money), both of the United States and several orders of magnitude more on the foreign nations we invade. It should be no surprise that major foreign policy decisions wind up in catastrophe and failure when made without the benefit of essential information.

http://www.thenation.com/blog/174622/seven-myths-about-bradley-manning#axzz2cl0RBnTs

I just fail to see the uproar towards Manning. If there is an uproar towards the federal government, I could see that. lol

Maybe I heard this from my days back when I still watched MSNBC, but I could have sworn hearing about a few soldiers being killed because of the Wikileaks. IDK, probably just propaganda.

Glad to see his move to join the LGBT didn't grant him immunity. Perhaps hes vying to get into a women's prison so he isn't ass raped mercilessly.

Edited by BUCK3Y3

Glad to see his move to join the LGBT didn't grant him immunity. Perhaps hes vying to get into a women's prison so he isn't ass raped mercilessly.

Yeah cause the female prisons are probably so kind too. :corn::panic:

• Upvote 1

Yeah cause the female prisons are probably so kind too. :corn::panic:

Ya, might be even more rough going. hahaha.

Ya, might be even more rough going. hahaha.

Especially with all this makeup on. He is just asking for it. :yep:

usa-wikileaks-manning.jpg