Sign in to follow this  
Jules

US readies possible missile strike against Syria - report

Isaiah 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

Just saying, this Syria stuff has given me the creeps since day 1. :panic:

• Upvote 1

Isaiah 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

Just saying, this Syria stuff has given me the creeps since day 1. :panic:

My Platoon Seargent Gunnery Sgt. Murdock always said he was going to die slaying bodies on the streets of Damascus. That was his dream. Syrian rebels were very prominent in Iraq. In fact that's where the majority of Al Qaeda came from. Syria. The same motherfuckers we are giving weapons and money. :facepalm:

http://news.sky.com/story/1132649/syria-us-moves-warship-as-strike-calls-grow

US defence officials said an additional warship has been moved into the Mediterranean Sea as calls for military action against the Syrian regime grow following an alleged chemical attack.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-forces-move-closer-syria-options-weighed-072230080.html

Well nothing has happened. Yet. Maybe nothing will. Or maybe it will. But, something to keep an eye on certainly.

Edited by Jules

I mean... people are decrying the idea of a war. The idea of a representative democracy is to represent the interests of the people. Let's just totally ignore what the people say, and go to war again.

They'll probably all be reelected.

• Upvote 1

I've lost all faith in our government. Anyone who still supports Barack Obama is a fucking moron. The same people hated Bush for dragging us into wars and his intrusive policies. Barack has continued every single one of the policies but made more and continues to put us in the middle of middle eastern conflict. He is no different. Possibly worse. He has definitely lied more. Far more. If there is ever a second American Revolution I'll be a part of it. We need to take back control of our country. Voting isn't going to do a damn thing.

Guest Phailadelphia

The ways in which you and Jules manage to say the exact same thing in a slightly different way in 90% of your political posts is legitimately impressive.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4421631,00.html

Syria's Information Minister Omran al-Zoubi said at a TV interview that the American pressure will not help, and warned that attacking Syria will have dangerous consequences. "A mass of flames will ignite the Middle East," said al-Zoubi, and added that attack on its country will not aid in any way.

Regarding the use of chemical weapons, the minister said that "the use of the Syrian opposition's of chemical weapons shows their incompetence and confusion." According to him, the regime has proof that the rebels made use of chemical weapons. (Roi Kais)

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/24/syria-cameron-obama-intervention

David Cameron and Barack Obama moved the west closer to military intervention in Syria on Saturday as they agreed that last week's alleged chemical weapon attacks by the Assad regime had taken the crisis into a new phase that merited a "serious response".

In a phone call that lasted 40 minutes, the two leaders are understood to have concluded that the regime of Bashar al-Assad was almost certainly responsible for the assault that is believed to have killed as many as 1,400 people in Damascus in the middle of last week. Cameron was speaking from his holiday in Cornwall.

The prime minister and US president said time was running out for Assad to allow UN weapons inspectors into the areas where the attack took place. Government sources said the two leaders agreed that all options should be kept open, both to end the suffering of the Syrian people and to make clear that the west could not stand by as chemical weapons were used on innocent civilians.

1,400 people were killed from one attack?! Jesus Christ!

Hmmm.... This looks like a big ol' bucket of none of our fuckin business.

I really dont give a shit what is happening over there.

Guest Phailadelphia

The Syrian government warns the US government not to enter the country (or what?? :laugh:) and then the next day okays the entry of UN weapons inspectors. Pretty funny imo.

Edited by Phailadelphia

I'll change my opinion on the current administration daily to appease you.

Edited by BUCK3Y3

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/10265765/Navy-ready-to-launch-first-strike-on-Syria.html

Britain is planning to join forces with America and launch military action against Syria within days in response to the gas attack believed to have been carried out by President Bashar al-Assad’s forces against his own people.

Royal Navy vessels are being readied to take part in a possible series of cruise missile strikes, alongside the United States, as military commanders finalise a list of potential targets.

Government sources said talks between the Prime Minister and international leaders, including Barack Obama, would continue, but that any military action that was agreed could begin within the next week.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/25/administration-now-says-very-little-doubt-assad-used-chemical-weapon-on-syrian/

Tennessee Sen. Bob Corker, the top Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, told "Fox News Sunday" that he thinks the president will respond soon with military action.

However, he suggested waiting until Congress returns next week to seek its authorization and that the United States respond “in a surgical way.”

Wish I could find that thread where we were talking about potential nations to feel our wrath next. It's an endless cycle.

I'm still wondering wtf Obama was talking about.

I'm still wondering wtf Obama was talking about.

Oh yeah, that has always been sketchy as shit to me too. :yep:

23195.jpg

NSA and NDAA.

Your Constitution is invalid.

Just read up on the details of the chemical attack... prayers to everyone affected by the attack and the civil war in general.

Yep one gas attack later and still none of our fucking business.