Sign in to follow this  
Jules

US readies possible missile strike against Syria - report

While I sympathize with Syria and want to stop what is happening over there, military intervention is not the way to do it. It will only breed more hatred toward us and whoever we end up putting in power will end up turning on us. All after thousands of American deaths and more Syrian deaths. We ought to exercise diplomatic options while providing relief to refugees.

President Obama: "After careful deliberation, I have decided that the United States should take military action against Syrian regime targets. This would not be an open-ended intervention, we would not put boots on the ground,” he said. “Instead, our action would be designed to be limited in duration and scope."

He also says he will be asking for Congressional approval. As of now, Congress is not set to return to session until September 9.

President Obama: "After careful deliberation, I have decided that the United States should take military action against Syrian regime targets. This would not be an open-ended intervention, we would not put boots on the ground,” he said. “Instead, our action would be designed to be limited in duration and scope."

He also says he will be asking for Congressional approval. As of now, Congress is not set to return to session until September 9.

Yeah then Obama came back later and said something about military action not being a solution to the problems there :yao:

I'm pretty sure Obama has made his decision on Syria regardless of what Congress has to say. Congress might even approve it. Who knows? I don't. We are all just nobody forced to suffer the consequences of bad decisions made by our "leaders".