Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Ryan Williams on the trade block?

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Cardinals have placed Ryan Williams on the trade block.

It's an indication Williams is not in the Cards' 2013 plans, and will be waived at final cuts if no taker is found. Williams is likely available for a seventh-round pick. Still only 23 years old, Williams has been beset by various injuries going back to his redshirt freshman year at Virginia Tech. He was a big-time talent before the array of ailments, and was drafted 38th overall in 2011. Williams made his 2013 preseason debut on Saturday night, rushing twice for ten yards. We wouldn't be surprised if someone bites.

Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter

Interesting. They have a lack of competition at the runningback position. Arizona was probably the best place for him to potentially break out.

Interesting. They have a lack of competition at the runningback position. Arizona was probably the best place for him to potentially break out.

Ehh we dont have alot of big name guys but i see talent and potential at the running back position. Rashard Mendenhall really surprised me saturday but seems to still have some uncomfort in the knee. I wish we'd keep Williams but i get the feeling Coach Arians just doesn't see any production possibilities at this time with him.

How has Stepfan Taylor been? I think he's good enough to make Williams expendable.

How has Stepfan Taylor been? I think he's good enough to make Williams expendable.

To be honest i feel like Alfonso Smith has been more impressive, Taylor has gotten more touchs though so far.

I'm not really surprised. Arians doesn't like using RB's much in the passing game, and Williams is the type of back who would probably need to be involved in both phases to be successful in this league. I'd like him on the Chargers if the price is right. Maybe take Ronnie Brown's spot. I think there's a lot of upside there with him.

• Upvote 1

I'm not really surprised. Arians doesn't like using RB's much in the passing game, and Williams is the type of back who would probably need to be involved in both phases to be successful in this league. I'd like him on the Chargers if the price is right. Maybe take Ronnie Brown's spot. I think there's a lot of upside there with him.

Ya the dude has alot of potential, more tread than Ronnie as well and of course your new coach Wiz loves Ryan. Itd actually be a great place for him now that you say something.