Bay

Ohio State discussion thread

Ohiostate2_zpse7b38d63.jpeg

OhioStateReleasesBuffaloDepthChart-ElevenWarriors_zps6c948f84.jpeg

We've got enough fans of State here to warrant this thread.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2013/08/25147/ohio-state-football-buffalo-depth-chart-released

There use to be conference boards. Wish there still were. I hope we get to see Dontre Wilson at some point on Saturday. I'm excited to see how he can help the offense. I'll also be watching Washington,Spence,Grant(played in 6 game last year)Powell,Reeves(played in 2 games last year) and Perry. The defense is the biggest question mark on this team, but I think they have enough talent to fill the holes. I can't wait till Saturday. I know the game is probably going to be one sided, but I still can't wait.

Edited by BUCK3Y3

Shazier hurt? :(

Jordan Hall beasting.

Defense has a lot of work to do. Offensive line as well. 1st game of the year they won by 20 but no way Meyer is satisfied with that mess. Young guys got a long way to go. Hopefully most of it can be attributed to the fact its the first game of the year. Braxton looked good throwing. WRs had a few drops but looked decent. Hall was a beast. Special team outside of Corey Brown bobbling every kick he received looked ok. Lots and lots of dumb penalties. I know that can be fixed. They didn't do as well as they should have but I'm confident by years end they will be better. I said from the beginning of the year they were overrated at #2. Not sure they are even top 5 at this point in time. Sloppy football for sure.

• Upvote 1

Guess If a mod could just change this to Ohio State discussion thread. Urban did not sound happy at all. Defense should be better with guys returning. Undisciplined sloppy football. Of course I'm happy we won but playing like that going forward will not fly.

They are going to get blasted in the locker room. If they play like that next week SDSU could beat them. SDSU isn't half bad. I do not see the amount of dumb penalties they had today continuing going forward. Roby comes back next week as well. Granted the secondary really wasn't that bad. The young guys on the d-line are gonna have to progress quickly.

I was not legitimately worried during the game, but we certainly didn't look like a top 2 team.

I was not legitimately worried during the game, but we certainly didn't look like a top 2 team.

Lol nah. There was no way they were losing. They just didn't win pretty. Even though they won by 20.

Maybe I gave SDSU too much credit. Eastern Illinois embarrassed them.

Edited by BUCK3Y3

:corn:

Not impressed. At all. Braxton is softer than Charmin. 7 points second half????

Think I'm going to make a Shazier sig.

126668.JPG

Edited by BUCK3Y3

Natas where the hell did you find a desktop bg with Kenny G? That was damn fast. :rofl:

Edited by BUCK3Y3

Guitton has looked good every chance he has gotten. Can't believe he was never given the starting job.

Guitton has looked good every chance he has gotten. Can't believe he was never given the starting job.

Agree with this. Don't think he's quite at Brax level yet as a playmaker, but I believe we can be quite good with Kenny at the helm in Urban Meyer's system.

I'd rather have a healthy Braxton with Kenny G ready to step in when Braxtons pussy hurts which is nearly every game.

Looking forward to another Saturday, gentlemen. This game better not be anything like last season's.

7:00 on FOX.

Looking forward to another Saturday, gentlemen. This game better not be anything like last season's.

7:00 on FOX.

I'm kinda nervouse just because of the defense. I know Cal runs an uptempo offense and they can stretch the field. Also the runningback they have that gashed a better defense last year. We will see. This game will tell us alot.

34 points and counting--allowed. I don't like giving up loads of points. Whatever the offense looks good.

First game I can say that I'm pleased. Guitton has been excellent. Perhaps he will push Braxton to not be such a bitch.

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The season and career of Ohio State safety Christian Bryant appears to be finished.

The senior, a respected captain and one of the most productive Buckeyes on defense the last two seasons, fractured his ankle in Saturday night's 31-24 win against No. 23 Wisconsin, and he was put directly into an ambulance to go to the hospital for surgery.

194.gif

Ohio State had reason to celebrate a gritty win against a division rival to open Big Ten play at the Horseshoe, but the loss of Bryant cast a pall over the locker room and led to a frustrated Urban Meyer pounding his fist into a podium after announcing the injury.

"We just got news we lost our captain," the Buckeyes coach said. "Just tough news.

"I just love that kid -- he's done so much for our program, come so far. Incredible leadership skills, and he's going to be even more valuable outside of football. Hard part of the game, boy."

The Buckeyes will have to work quickly to find a replacement for a player who started every game for the unbeaten team a year ago and finished among the program's top-three tacklers in each of the last two seasons.

Another significant test is coming for Ohio State as it goes on the road to take on Northwestern, and while the secondary might be the deepest position group on the roster, Bryant's contributions go far beyond his tackling ability and knack for generating critical turnovers.

"Our leader is in an ambulance right now going to the hospital," Meyer said. "That's the concerning part [about preparing for Northwestern]. He's our leader, so that's concern No. 1, 2 and 3.

"Who is going to assume that leadership obligation? The responsibility that he has shown, he's an incredible young man."

Well this sucks.

Damn, man. I guess I missed what happened to him live.

Time lapse video of the win vs. Wisconsin!

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/allaccess/?media=408217

Edited by Bay

That game tho >>>

Probably wouldn't have been a game had Braxton not had two stupid fumbles and had his arm hit (that led to an INT). He looked shook all game, but Hyde really picked it up. Pretty stout game, IMO.

Braxton looks scared. He hesitates now before he runs. He cringed when he is about to be hit instead of trying to make a move to avoid it. Dude is to soft. Kenny Guitton should be starting right now IMO. He can run and he can damn sure throw better than Braxton. This team will be undefeated for the second straight year but it likely won't matter.

Edited by BUCK3Y3
  • Upvote 1

Yeah; I don't see Clemson or Alabama losing at this point, and the Big Ten gets no respect.