BwareDWare94

The Best FCS Teams Are Not a Laughing Matter

All in all, 8 FBS teams have lost to FCS teams this past weekend but, obviously, there are a handful that stand out.

Eastern Washington 49

Oregon State 46

North Dakota State 24

Kansas State 21

The NDSU upset (I live about two and a half hours from Fargo) wasn't really an upset. Kansas State is a not a very good team this year, and NDSU is head and shoulders above most other FCS teams, and I'd even venture a guess that they'd trounce Eastern Washington. The Bison were the better team in Manhattan on Friday night.

However, there is no denying, in my opinion, that Eastern Washington's upset of Oregon State is more impressive, as Oregon State was ranked at the time, had what was thought to be a very good team. Nobody thought that Eastern Washington even had a chance, and about the only person who thought that NDSU would get their shit kicked was this clown:

whereas a much more trustworthy football mind in Lou Holtz practically guaranteed an NDSU victory. Truth be told, the Bison win was expected by many intelligent football minds.

But there's just no knocking what Eastern Washington did. That is impressive, but they ought to be thankful that as of now they don't have to play NDSU.

When it comes to college football, I prefer FCS ball. It's extremely competitive, and it doesn't seem to be trending toward absurd point totals and bad defense, like FBS ball does.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Any given Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday

tumblr_luoz1m2dXv1r6aoq4o1_250.gif

Compared to the dumbass K State Mask guy. However, Lou was dumb enough to pick Notre Dame against Alabama lol

Compared to the dumbass K State Mask guy. However, Lou was dumb enough to pick Notre Dame against Alabama lol

Not dumb enough. Homer enough

• Upvote 1

The bizon would not trounce EWU. What the bizon do on the ground to opposing front 7s, EWU does in the air to opposing DBs. I imagine NDSU would go up 10-14 in the first half, and EWU would light it up in the second. The addition of the read option and pistol looks makes Vernon Adams all that more dangerous. I hope our two teams meet up in the post season this year.

The bizon would not trounce EWU. What the bizon do on the ground to opposing front 7s, EWU does in the air to opposing DBs. I imagine NDSU would go up 10-14 in the first half, and EWU would light it up in the second. The addition of the read option and pistol looks makes Vernon Adams all that more dangerous. I hope our two teams meet up in the post season this year.

There's no way Eastern Washington would "light it up" in the second half and pull away from NDSU. Not a chance in hell.

You want to talk about secondaries? You wouldn't play a better secondary than NDSU's. Marcus Williams and Colton Heagle say hi.

NDSU's defense is absolutely phenomenal. EWU would be lucky to score twenty points against it.

My Hogs were almost beat by Samford yesterday. Definitely a scary moment.

There's no way Eastern Washington would "light it up" in the second half and pull away from NDSU. Not a chance in hell.

You want to talk about secondaries? You wouldn't play a better secondary than NDSU's. Marcus Williams and Colton Heagle say hi.

NDSU's defense is absolutely phenomenal. EWU would be lucky to score twenty points against it.

We did the last (and only) time our teams met, and that was with M Will playing. Our offense spreads it out so much and presents so many looks that no one can stop us for long. OSU's D ranked #2 in the Pac-12 last year and had a lot coming back, but they got torched. EWU would have trouble stopping the bizon ground and pound, but EWU would most certainly put up 20+ on NDSU. Our passing attack and WRs are always top 3 in the FCS. Hell, look at the NC game in 2010; Delaware had the best defense, held opponents to 11 points per game, loved to pound the ball, and they stopped us for the first half. But they couldn't keep it up when we kept going to the air.

Like I said, I would love to see these two teams play again.