Favre4Ever

Welcome to IPB 3.4.5

Banner is not showing up again. Shoutbox is at the top of the screen and unusable.

Top of the board also list forums twice.

Edited by Bucman

Looks like complete and utter shit so far. Just being honest.

Hopefully after a few more hours it gets better..but, um, why are you doing this the night before Opening kickoff? lol

yeah, that crossed my mind as well.

not the best timing. i know JD said it was unexpected, but he was the one that decided to do it last night so....lol

Top banners of skins is finally showing up for me. Chat/Shoutbox still not working, main bar at the top (that lists Forums twice) is still offset to the left.

Those of you with the "not digging the layout" or "all messed up", if you could post a SS of the front page / index, I would appreciate it. It's almost identical as the last layout for me on my screen, minus the little tilt to the nav bar at the top.

Pretty sure it has to do with screen resolution for the time being. Although I have checked the more popular 1366 and 1280 resolutions and everything is fairly intact.

Your help would be appreciated going into as much detail as possible. :yep:

Thanks!

Apparently I cant post .png files so just click here.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/c8tj.png/

Error: Could not load template 'shoutboxJavascript' from group 'shoutbox_hooks'

it says at the top of the page.

Ya, these won't be available for a little while longer, as mentioned in the OP.

Banner is not showing up again. Shoutbox is at the top of the screen and unusable.

Top of the board also list forums twice.

I am playing with them, they will go on and off a little bit as I alter, fix, and upgrade.

Looks like complete and utter shit so far. Just being honest.

Hopefully after a few more hours it gets better..but, um, why are you doing this the night before Opening kickoff? lol

Again, we need more details bro.

Stuff like the off centered nav bar, we are aware of. :yep:

Apparently I cant post .png files so just click here.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/c8tj.png/

Got it, thanks. Will look to fix this ASAP as it keeps coming up.

EDIT: If this issue is extremely bothersome for some of you (it doe get my ocd going a little, lol... Switch your screen resolutions to 1280x800 just for the time being until I get it chopped off. If you can deal with it, just hang in there a little longer.

Edited by Favre4Ever

The board is skinnier than it used to be. The margins of the field background are much wider than before.

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/7831/5n43.png

In the picture you can see how the icons for the teams are now stacked. They used to be side by side.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 1

The board is skinnier than it used to be. The margins of the field background are much wider than they used to be.

Another resolution issue. We need to set it "fixed" across the board. It will get there. Thanks, Zack.

EDIT: Again, the optimal resolution for you right now is 1280x800 if that is available to you. The issue with the formatting of the subforums is still an issue here, but mostly everything else is of size and aligned. I will add this to the OP for the time being.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I ammended my post to show a better screenshot, though you seem to know what to do already. :yep:

It'll be nice not to see people cry about being negged all of the time now, though I admit that some of it was entertaining.

Thanks to JD and Vin for the upgrade. Once everything's in place and we're adjusted, it'll feel like home again and I'm sure that we'll all love it.

• Upvote 1

I don't like this update. It's all crammed onto my screen and scrunched up. The main forum just looks sloppy with all the text. Perhaps that's just my OCD, who knows, I just hate how sloppy it looks. My view is the same as what Zack was seeing in his screen shot. I'll see if I have a different resolution that works better.

Other than that, it's pretty much the same thing. The editor is a little different I suppose. Just will take some time to get used to. I guess to put it simply, take my criticism lightly, I'm not a fan of changing things that were never broken to begin with.

Certainly did do a fine job so far with everything though. Thanks!

Edited by Rain Man

TGP is too important a place to complain about the way it may look. That's how I feel anyway.

IPChat not working, shoutbox not working..lol

On opening night. :yao:

• Upvote 2

Mathias is a ballbuster, but he's kinda right, lol.

• Upvote 1

Obviously the site is currently a disaster (temporarily I'm sure), but this new mobile is a lot better than the old.

It's no different on mobile/ipads.. ??

Love the new Russell Wilson and Earl Thomas banner I've got now though. It drips of sexy championship lombardiness :towel:

78_SEAHAWKS.png

I enter chat and am immediately greeted with a message saying "You've been kicked".

It's no different on mobile/ipads.. ??

Its a lot better design for me lol

Yeah, I don't think the mobile version comes up for tablets, but it definitely does for phones. It's a vast improvement over what we had.

My user picture became my avatar :think:

All profile pics became everyone's avatar. And if you didn't have one it was just the generic picture.

Bay hit the nail on the head, but I will just go a little more into detail. IPB (who creates our forum software) deemed it silly to have two separate avatars and didn't think it was worth the extra memory to upload multiple photos for every member. So when the board upgraded, those two photos automatically merged -- unfortunately there was no choice in the matter.