Favre4Ever

Welcome to IPB 3.4.5

Everything looks perfect now. Great job,team :clap:

Navigation bar is aligned, banner is showing on the Eagles skin, and shoutbox is back. It's weird seeing it at the top, but based on what F4E said it'll be moved to its regular home eventually. Rock on. :rock:

A big upgrade is a shitton of work. Be patient guys.

This. Damned babies up in here. I got IP banned from the forums (on FireFox, forcing me to render the site in IE Tab) for switching themes more than once and you don't see me crying.

I like to imagine that all the positive rep for this post isn't because you're telling people that you arent complaining, but for the idea of you being IP banned. :p

• Upvote 2

I will check into the IP Ban thing. Literally never seen that before. The Subforum thing will be next on my list, I think as well.

Also, Auto-Embed has been removed.

I'm still seeing this on FireFox.

http://imageshack.us/a/img826/333/adz6.png

I got a couple of those as well, recently. They happened when I was looking at the different skins. Alex (AirMcNair.) said he got one as well, although his didn't occur because he was checking out the different skins.

Yeah, the only problem is that after 5m it hasn't gone away. Did it go away for you guys?

A big upgrade is a shitton of work. Be patient guys.

This. Damned babies up in here. I got IP banned from the forums (on FireFox, forcing me to render the site in IE Tab) for switching themes more than once and you don't see me crying.

I like to imagine that all the positive rep for this post isn't because you're telling people that you arent complaining, but for the idea of you being IP banned. :p

:dry:

Good job guys.

And I kind of like the Shoutbox up top. Saves me from tons of scrolling

Private messaging glitch in Chat should be good to go.

Also wondering what you guys were doing when you got "banned". That isn't a board issue, it's one with the host -- usually when you are sending too many requests at the same time or have the site open in an absurd amount of windows.

Private messaging glitch in Chat should be good to go.

Also wondering what you guys were doing when you got "banned". That isn't a board issue, it's one with the host -- usually when you are sending too many requests at the same time or have the site open in an absurd amount of windows.

I find it hard to believe that it wasn't a software error. I generally have 5-20 TGP tabs open across one or two windows and I've never had this issue before. I had only two tabs open this time and changed themes and got locked out on FireFox only. How would the host be responsible for having me IP banned on only FireFox and no other browsers? I'm not trying to be a dick, it just doesn't seem to add up.

Because the message itself says so? The error itself says you had too many simultaneous connections to the host server. The board is merely a piece of software and coding. All the hard work of processing any and everything you do here is made by the host.

I can inquire about the problem to IPB though and what they say.

The software sends the inqueries to the host server. If the software sends it 38 times and floods the host in the span of two secnds, that's on the host?

Unless there is an actual glitch in the coding.. Like a hardcore glitch where the user didn't submit those requests to begin with, I would figure it would a much more widespread issue than 3 people. Like I said, we will see what IPB has to say on the coding end.

Hello, about the only thing that can cause this would be any third party items you may have, or if a user is using a browser pre-fetch add on in their browser.

Thank you

Regards,

Rhett

Hosting & Support Manager

Invision Power Services Inc

I don't know if you guys are still working on this, but there is no show new posts button for me.

Edit: showing up now. I dunno if you did something or if its random.

Edited by blotsfan

I was messing with something earlier around that time. Probably why it disappeared.

You can now see who repped a post (the rep tab in the profiles is still screwed up, but baby steps. Kinda nice that they built most of the rep stuff into the board instead of relying on outside hooks)

.gifs can now be uploaded as avatars (before there was a really low size limit. That limit has now been increased)

Edited by Vin
  • Upvote 2

In the process of disabling my addons to try and figure out which one is causing me to get IP banned. The ban is still lasting longer than 5m and is now no longer fixed by using IE Tabs to switch the rendering to IE.

Try this and see if it doesn't resolve the situation.

http://www.ghacks.net/2013/04/27/firefox-prefetching-what-you-need-to-know/

Also, if anyone else is having this problem, let us know.

Edited by Vin

Will the shoutbox ever be moving back to the bottom, or is it staying at the top?

Think someone said it's stuck up top. Still taking time getting used to as far as familiarity goes but most boards shout boxes are up top. Doesn't bother me but I miss being different.

I think he's talking about the old TGP dark skins, because all the team skins are available for use.

Amd Steven. the shoutbox will be moved to the bottom again, eventually.

Vin has successfully revived the shoutbox. It will be stuck at the top for time being until a mod for it is installed / working...

Edited by BLUE

We will get more, darker skins in the future. When, can't say for now. Making 32 skins is very tiring for our graphics crew (consisting of Funny :p) We could always duplicate the default skin and make one dark.. I will talk to vin.

Yea, there was just a dark version of the original boards before the update. Understandabler F4E I just can't stand this white lol

I think he's talking about the old TGP dark skins, because all the team skins are available for use.

Amd Stevem. the shoutbox will be moved to the bottom again, eventually.

Vin has successfully revived the shoutbox. It will be stuck at the top for time being until a mod for it is installed / working...

Shoutbox moved back to the bottom of the page.

• Upvote 1