Sign in to follow this  
Conshy

I feel like the majority of poster are homophobic.

I just want to know why.

• Upvote 1

Why are you so intolerant of homophobia?

• Upvote 1

I just want to know why.

Why people are Homophobic? Hell I have no idea. Its probably a mix of things. One thing that doesn't get mentioned all that often is the homosexual sex act (male on male, that is) is kinda tough to wrap your mind around for most men. It just kinda grosses us out.

You've heard the others before, cultural reasons, a need to act macho etc.

I'm just wondering here, but is it any different here vs other message boards you've been to? I almost dismiss homophobic talk out of hand at this point (due to it being the internet and seemingly incredibly prevalent) so usually I don't even notice it. I've become desensitized to reading hate speech it seems, not only towards homosexuals but towards nearly anyone.

Why are you so intolerant of homophobia?

Lol. You sound like Orson Scott Card.

Edited by GA_Eagle

Why people are Homophobic? Hell I have no idea. Its probably a mix of things. One thing that doesn't get mentioned all that often is the homosexual sex act (male on male, that is) is kinda tough to wrap your mind around for most men. It just kinda grosses us out.

You've heard the others before, cultural reasons, a need to act macho etc.

I'm just wondering here, but is it any different here vs other message boards you've been to? I almost dismiss homophobic talk out of hand at this point (due to it being the internet and seemingly incredibly prevalent) so usually I don't even notice it. I've become desensitized to reading hate speech it seems, not only towards homosexuals but towards nearly anyone.

Lol. You sound like Orson Scott Card.

Possibly the best compliment I've ever received. Thank you sir.

Unfortunately a large portion of "gay hate speech" has been transformed into slang amongst the youth of today. While that doesn't make it right, I think that is a slightly different issue. It isn't so much hate as it is just disrespect towards the vernacular and, yes, a disregard for feeling is there.

Although, I do find it slightly odd that things like this gets brought up by members who never post outside of the chat. :laugh:

I don't think using gay slurs necessarily makes someone homophobic, but I do think less of them.

And while I can't tell if he's serious or not, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest if buckeye really is a homophobe.

Just afraid of gay rapists to be honest. Afraid of straight rapists too actually...

That's probably all it is.

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

I don't think using gay slurs necessarily makes someone homophobic, but I do think less of them.

Came in here to say this and one other thing: Do we really have any homophobic members? I'm not in chat much so maybe it's just shit talk and trolling going on in there, but I don't see many gay slurs in the discussion threads.

Unless a bunch of the new guys have been using slurs in chat, I don't really know what Conshy is referring to, as there's like one guy on here who is, and he's already posted in the thread.

So you're saying I took the bait? :shifty:

Though, there has GOT to be better troll jobs out there.

And while I can't tell if he's serious or not, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest if buckeye really is a homophobe.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if you were a homo. Don't forget to cup the balls buddy. Of course you don't need tips from me. You're pro-status. For the record I'm an atheist. I'm not some bible thumping gay basher. I really have no problem with gays outside of thinking they are whiny. I don't wish ill upon them. I just do not know how a tiny sliver of the population can garner so much attention. I'm sick of hearing about their "struggles". Gays = Brett Favre to me. Too much media attention. I'm tired of hearing about them and wish they would shut the fuck up and go away.

Edited by BUCK3Y3
  • Upvote 2

Dear lord. This might be the most successful troll job on TGP to date.

Not quite...

I noticed there are alot of misogynistic assholes around here. I just want to know why.

Edited by BUCK3Y3

Guest Phailadelphia

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if you were a homo. Don't forget to cup the balls buddy. Of course you don't need tips from me. You're pro-status. For the record I'm an atheist. I'm not some bible thumping gay basher. I really have no problem with gays outside of thinking they are whiny. I don't wish ill upon them. I just do not know how a tiny sliver of the population can garner so much attention. I'm sick of hearing about their "struggles". Gays = Brett Favre to me. Too much media attention. I'm tired of hearing about them and wish they would shut the fuck up and go away.

I'm beginning to wonder if you're actually a 12-year old who is simply posing as a 20- or 30-something-year-old father.

Edited by Phailadelphia

I noticed there are a lot of obese people here. What do you guys have against skinny people?

I noticed there are a lot of communists here. What do you guys have against capitalism?

I'm beginning to wonder if you're actually a 12-year old who is simply posing as a 20- or 30-something-year-old father.

I would swear you were 12 as well. All that kool aid you drink.

Edited by BUCK3Y3

Guest Phailadelphia

I would swear you were 12 as well. All that kool aid you drink.

LOL

Dear lord. This might be the most successful troll job on TGP to date.

post-23319-Lion-King-Timon-NOPE-gif-Imgu

Creating a serious debate about a real issue in today's society with one line? Yeah.

Conshy isn't trolling though, if you are referring to that. He's brought it up previously with every bit of the concerning serious. He might tell you it's a troll job to keep the attention off of his relationship to the topic, but I think it's something that he has seriously been pondering and finally had it in him to post a topic.