BLUE

Reports: Bruno Mars to perform at Super Bowl XLVIII

BLUE and southgadawg how the hell haven't you heard of Bruno Mars lol? I mean I don't love him but do you guys live under a rock or something? :yao:

I must live under a rock lol. To be honest I don't listen to that much secular music anymore. When I do listen to secular music on the radio it is generally on a station that plays hits from the 70's and 80's (the music that I listened to when I was young). Bruno Mars seems like a decent entertainer after I have seen bits and pieces of performances. I only have so much time that I listen to music and guess it was a priority on my playlist.

A lot of people probably aren't excited, but I don't mind. He has a few pretty good songs and he's great in concert. At least they aren't giving us another rather terrible Rap concert again. He'll, I thought the Beyonce concert was pretty terrible and horribly vulgar for something like the Superbowl.

Definitely nice to see them go with something a little more family oriented for a change. I'd definitely like to see someone like Eric Church or Luke Bryan there to get the crowd amped up, but today's society is 90% pop culture, no country allowed by the major media lol

Luke Bryan isn't a country artist, especially at this point in his career. His newest song is awful pop garbage.

And I doubt Eric Church is clean enough to have at the halftime show. Too many pot references and shit lol. I love the guy, and he's one of the few real country artists left on the radio, but he doesn't censor himself at all.

A lot of people probably aren't excited, but I don't mind. He has a few pretty good songs and he's great in concert. At least they aren't giving us another rather terrible Rap concert again. He'll, I thought the Beyonce concert was pretty terrible and horribly vulgar for something like the Superbowl.

Definitely nice to see them go with something a little more family oriented for a change. I'd definitely like to see someone like Eric Church or Luke Bryan there to get the crowd amped up, but today's society is 90% pop culture, no country allowed by the major media lol

Luke Bryan isn't a country artist, especially at this point in his career. His newest song is awful pop garbage.

And I doubt Eric Church is clean enough to have at the halftime show. Too many pot references and shit lol. I love the guy, and he's one of the few real country artists left on the radio, but he doesn't censor himself at all.

Most country music nowadays is transitioning into the pop genre. It may not be real country music, but it's certainly gaining a lot of popularity so don't expect it to slow down anytime soon. Luke Bryan shot into the spotlight quicker than anyone I've ever seen before in country music. The guy is huge right now. It's a damn shame to other country artists but it is what it is.

By the way BWare, in August I went to Kenny Chesney's No Shoes Nation Tour at Metlife Stadium. He had Eric Church, Eli Young Band, and Kacie Musgraves. Fucking awesome concert. EYB and Kacie were meh, but Eric and Kenny know how to put on a show. This will probably be the last year Eric is an opener. Releasing a new album would help, though. He's been riding Chief for the last two or three years now.

BLUE and southgadawg how the hell haven't you heard of Bruno Mars lol? I mean I don't love him but do you guys live under a rock or something? :yao:

I don't listen to new music at all, really.

Edited by BLUE

Even a guy like Brad Paisley, he's a superstar man. I've been to two Brad Paisley concerts and I can say that hands down it's the best I've ever seen live. Not sure how he's never got a prime time sports concert, kind of weird.

I also disagree with you on the Luke Bryan comment of him being more pop. He has a few songs on the radio that are pop-like. If you listen to his full albums though, he does have a lot of actual true country music. Don't go just by what you hear on the Radio. Also, if you've never been to an Eric Church concert, you'd be surprised if you went. While he does point references to marijuana at times, he does very well at cleaning it up to make it a little closer to family style. You take the good with the bad. Surely a guy like Eric Church can't be less family oriented than sitting and watching a half dressed Beyonce shake her chunky ass in front of the camera for 25 minutes straight. That was ridiculous, at least in my opinion. How do I let my daugher sit and see that junk? It's garbage anymore no matter how you look at it.

Edited by Rain Man

Even a guy like Brad Paisley, he's a superstar man. I've been to two Brad Paisley concerts and I can say that hands down it's the best I've ever seen live. Not sure how he's never got a prime time sports concert, kind of weird.

I also disagree with you on the Luke Bryan comment of him being more pop. He has a few songs on the radio that are pop-like. If you listen to his full albums though, he does have a lot of actual true country music. Don't go just by what you hear on the Radio. Also, if you've never been to an Eric Church concert, you'd be surprised if you went. While he does point references to marijuana at times, he does very well at cleaning it up to make it a little closer to family style. You take the good with the bad. Surely a guy like Eric Church can't be less family oriented than sitting and watching a half dressed Beyonce shake her chunky ass in front of the camera for 25 minutes straight. That was ridiculous, at least in my opinion. How do I let my daugher sit and see that junk? It's garbage anymore no matter how you look at it.

I've heard everything Luke has ever released. He had plenty of country early in his career, but now it's just a pop arrangement with a repeating two second steel ride. And I think Eric would clean it up for the Super Bowl halftime show, for sure, but I don't think he'd ever be picked because of openness of his music.

Brad Paisley would be excellent.

OR....how about Alabama?

If I am going with country I would rather have Brantley Gilbert.

That said man I would actually like to see another good half time show before I die.

If I am going with country I would rather have Brantley Gilbert.

That said man I would actually like to see another good half time show before I die.

I'm surprised I didn't think of Brantley.

I wouldn't mind John Fogerty.

If it's country, I want David Allen Coe. lol

Unfortunately he is like 80 years old now.

I've heard everything Luke has ever released. He had plenty of country early in his career, but now it's just a pop arrangement with a repeating two second steel ride. And I think Eric would clean it up for the Super Bowl halftime show, for sure, but I don't think he'd ever be picked because of openness of his music.

Brad Paisley would be excellent.

OR....how about Alabama?

That would be pretty neat to see Alabama. I just wish they'd get away from the pop music. Anymore, I wouldn't even let my daughter listen to the pop radio stations they have. It's just vulgar ass music. I know when I was growing up, I would have never been allowed to hear most stuff you hear now. Then you watch a major sports event, and you still can't escape it.

So really, even rock would do for me. That being said though, I've already stated I don't mind Bruno Mars. I'm excited to see what he brings to his half time show. So hopefully it's good. If they don't litter his performance with a bunch of special guests like they have in the past, it will be excellent.

The NFL should get AC/DC before they all die.

So, what did you guys think? I thought Bruno Mars was surprisingly good. :yep:

I thought the inclusion of the RHCP was pretty awkward and weird. They just hopped on the stage shirtless, sang 3-4 minutes of Give it Away and then promptly exited stage left, lol. I was expecting more.

Don't get me wrong, I like the RHCP, but that was a poorly executed inclusion of them, IMO. :yep:

Edited by BLUE

I really liked the halftime show this year. The overall production of it seemed top notch, which is great.. especially after the BEP a couple years ago where everything looked 3rd rate and awful. Loved the opening with the kids, Bruno's bad kicked it up a notch... The ode to the military was awesome.

RHCP were... kinda gay (weird saying that...lol) and Bruno Mars doesn't exactly sing my favorite music... But Overall, from an entertainment and show perspective, I liked it a lot.

TBH watched only two plays of the whole game and missed the half time show. From what I understand I didn't miss much from either.

I thought the halftime show was good. He picked mostly the songs of his that I like and I thought the red hot chili peppers were pretty good too. Definitely the best show in a while.

Bruno's a great showman and talented musician and the show itself was great. I don't care for the music he actually performs, but he knows how to put on a show.

Giveidaway. giveidaway, giveidaway, nah

Didn't like it. Like Blue said, the inclusion and transition to the RHCP was awkward and didn't flow at all.

Performance wise.....Red Hot Chili Peppers....awful

Bruno was meh, his last song was solid..and he has some moves, gotta give that to him. His band was good.

I think the military segment was by far the best part....ironically when no music was on.

Bruno Mars was awful. his last song was super gay and I'm so positive a bunch of football fans want to hear "how beautiful they are"

Bruno Mars was awful. his last song was super gay and I'm so positive a bunch of football fans want to hear "how beautiful they are"

Awful based on what? His singing was great, the arrangements were interesting enough to NOT be modern pop garbage. At least we got to listen to real instruments and not some computer generated bullshit.

Didnt watch

I realize RHCP was just thrown in there to attract the rock crowd, but you can't just throw them in there for one song and call it a day.

• Upvote 1

I realize RHCP was just thrown in there to attract the rock crowd, but you can't just throw them in there for one song and call it a day.

That's what bothered me the most. Such a build-up then one and done.

Bruno Mars held his own though. I've been a fan on his due to talent so when he started on the drums, I was hooked. The dancing, the singing, and working in RHCP? I liked it. I do agree that the last song was a bit out of place but oh well, bought tickets to see him in June. Aloe Bacc opens.

I kind of felt throwing in the RHCP for one 12-year-old song and sending them on their way was kind of huge slap in the face to one of the greatest bands that has ever seen a stage. If they would've integrated them into most of the performance like past halftime shows it could've been pretty good.

Bruno's drum intro was actually pretty awesome. It was quite downhill from their though.

Edited by theMileHighGuy