Versace

Versace's Classic Rap Album thread

I know absolutely dick about rap. Quite a list you've compiled tho.

You should get into to it probably the best artform in music to express yourself IMO and unlike Rock hip hop will never die out

You should get into to it probably the best artform in music to express yourself IMO and unlike Rock hip hop will never die out

How do you figure Rock will die out?

I meant by mainstream wise which does not mean much but still Rock is not relevant anymore

I meant by mainstream wise which does not mean much but still Rock is not relevant anymore

I don't agree with that at all.

Metal may not be what it once was, but it will always exist. There's been some good stuff in both rock and metal that requires digging.

Rock has much more artist . anything KISS releases would go plat because of their fanbase

However you wanna look at the statistics. Rock is far from irrelevant.

In the media it is , but it has a good fanbase while rap has many " fairweather " fans

Rock has much more artist . anything KISS releases would go plat because of their fanbase

In the media it is , but it has a good fanbase while rap has many " fairweather " fans

Ahh yes the media. I forgot this was a country of sheep and the media is the gospel.

Ahh yes the media. I forgot this was a country of sheep and the media is the gospel.

The Media is the big thing , youtube views and shit

The Media is the big thing , youtube views and shit

Obviously it doesn't reflect in record sales which is easily the most measurable and clearly shows rock is far from irrelevant.

I personally prefer Rap just me skip1.png

Awesome thread Versace. Definitely appreciate it especially because I'm currently rebuilding my music archive since my previous one crashed. I can't get into music anymore nowadays especially growing up in the 90s which was the golden age for hip hop. Way less lyrical substance now and more about chorus and beats. Also auto tune and techno vibes that I just can't get with. It seems artist are more focused on making their hits club bangers and the overall content/state of music is poor in my opinion.

Edit: East Coast!! :rockon:

Edited by dutchff7

Awesome thread Versace. Definitely appreciate it especially because I'm currently rebuilding my music archive since my previous one crashed. I can't get into music anymore nowadays especially growing up in the 90s which was the golden age for hip hop. Way less lyrical substance now and more about chorus and beats. Also auto tune and techno vibes that I just can't get with. It seems artist are more focused on making their hits club bangers and the overall content/state of music is poor in my opinion.

Edit: East Coast!! :rockon:

I can appreciate a nice club banger but nothing too hard . Hip hop is in it's better state , I personally never liked rappers like Immortal Technique because their music is just boring and no way / shape that guy will save hip hop / . Hip Hop is in it's best state since 03 IMO . I think people get this whole vibe that hip hop is dead which is not true guys like KENDRICK , Drake , Cole are all dope to mee hip hop was only dead for a short 3 years ( 06-09 ) . People need to stop living in the past . One thing I noticed is people keep defending Eminem saying he is save hip hop when his music right now is cringe worthy I mean did you hear " Berzerk " that 2nd verse was straight holeup.png

:skimsforlifeafterdeath:......:finds:...:thumbsup:

being as big of a fan of classic hiphop as I am, I have a hard time enjoying all but a handful of modern guys.

• Upvote 1

:skimsforlifeafterdeath:......:finds:...:thumbsup:

being as big of a fan of classic hiphop as I am, I have a hard time enjoying all but a handful of modern guys.

what modern album you don't like ?

Rock & Roll will never die, and I'm a 90s hip hop head.

Anyways, Grand Puba was dope: https://www.youtube.com/&v=ej4tlSRh7Qk#t=11

Also, I <3 mix tapes,.

My favorite DJ is arguably DJ Jazzy Jeff. People laugh at that because he's mostly known as Will Smith's sidekick on "Fresh Prince of Bell Air", but he's a pioneer in the hip hop game.

Youtube "DJ Jazzy Jeff Hip Hop Forever" if you want to hear the hotness. His mix CDs are fucking epic.

:yep:

Edited by BLUE

Rock & Roll will never die, and I'm a 90s hip hop head.

Anyways, Grand Puba was dope:

Also, I <3 mix tapes,.

My favorite DJ is arguably DJ Jazzy Jeff. People laugh at that because he's mostly known as Will Smith's sidekick on "Fresh Prince of Bell Air", but he's a pioneer in the hip hop game.

Youtube "DJ Jazzy Jeff Hip Hop Forever" if you want to hear the hotness. His mix CDs are fucking epic.

:yep:

I'm not in that type of rap yeshrug.png

How old are you?

And what in my post are you "not into"?

And stop posting your dumb pics.

How old are you?

And what in my post are you "not into"?

And stop posting your dumb pics.

The post was clearly bolded , I bolded the Jazzy Jeff part /

I'm 21 years old

DJ Jazzy Jeff has used many of the songs in his mix tapes/CDs from the albums you listed.