Versace

Versace's Classic Rap Album thread

Holy East Coast... lol.

Anyway, I think the whole classic thing is pretty subjective. Their are probably a handful of albums that everyone agrees are classics, but after that it gets pretty sporadic.

I know personally, I consider Section. 80 AND GKMC classics, but many people disagree. Hiiipower is the best reletavily new songs I've heard in a while.

I also think you can make the case for 808 being a classic. I know it's not really a "hip hop" or "rap" specific album, but still.

808 has kind of grew on me

You're missing: Watermelon, Chicken, and Gritz.

I also noticed TM 101 is on there. Good selection. :yep:

TM 101 was the shit mane a modern day classic

That Nappy Roots album ?

That Nappy Roots album ?

Yes. It's fantastic.

The sales statistics will weigh heavily in Rock's favor because fans of hip hop steal their CDs. Duh.

Also, any list with Lil' Wayne on it is immediately invalid.

This, with the Lil Wayne part. Can't stand his voice.

The sales statistics will weigh heavily in Rock's favor because fans of hip hop steal their CDs. Duh.

Lil Wayne is not my cup of tea but I am not going to sit here and say that Carter 3 is a not a classic

Quite a nice list. not a big fan of rap. But I do love me some Ice cube and NWA. To add in to the discussion rock will never die it just goes through cycles.

Quite a nice list. not a big fan of rap. But I do love me some Ice cube and NWA. To add in to the discussion rock will never die it just goes through cycles.

Currently the cycle has it outselling every other genre of music.

Edited by BUCK3Y3

Currently the cycle has it outselling every other genre of music.

/: ok

Lil Wayne is not my cup of tea but I am not going to sit here and say that Carter 3 is a not a classic

The Carter 3 is not better than anything Nappy Roots has released. You seem to be basing this a bit on popularity. I don't think anyone's going to remember Lil Wayne in twenty years, whereas artists like Nas and Jay Z and Nappy Roots will definitely transcend the time barrier, even if Jay Z has gone downhill, out of those three.

The Carter 3 is not better than anything Nappy Roots has released. You seem to be basing this a bit on popularity. I don't think anyone's going to remember Lil Wayne in twenty years, whereas artists like Nas and Jay Z and Nappy Roots will definitely transcend the time barrier, even if Jay Z has gone downhill, out of those three.

Naw this is no a popularity contest , I never said that Nappy Roots album was NOT a classic

Bump , what's your thoughts on this now ?