Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Update: Hoyer Out For Remainder of Season

We're 3-2 but Weeden is back...

Stephen-Colbert-Is-Not-Happy-About-The-M

vIf0lAD.gif

Edited by Tridentdawgpound

Wow. This thread has overwhelmed me a little bit. A lot of you guys are acting like Peyton Manning just went down and now the Broncos are FUCKED! This is the Browns and Hoyer. Not quite the same thing. This kid was playing well, but he wasn't playing "out of his mind" or anything like that. Cameron is a guy that never registered, and Gordon is proving to be the real deal.

It's amazing how much better a QB can look with respectable weapons. Let's also not forget that this line is blocking better every week, too. I don't think that Hoyer is some pro bowler while Weeden should just GTFO of the league. Truth be told, I'm guessing that the two aren't all that far apart in talent level. If Weeden can just get used to getting rid of the ball quicker, whether to complete or throw away a pass, he can do things similar to that which Hoyer was doing. Less accurate with a bigger arm.

I think the thing is that the Brown for a few years now haven't had a QB that is decent or showed signs of some potential, I mean they have Weeden now and Colt before hand that couldn't really produce on the field. Hoyer isn't a Manning but for the Browns he is a QB that can actually get the ball to the weapons that the Browns have in Jordan and Gordon.

When your not used to having a QB that can actually throw, when you get one and he goes down a fan base no matter the team or how much of a star he is on the NFL QB list, that fan base is going to be pissed he's missing for the season.

Wow. This thread has overwhelmed me a little bit. A lot of you guys are acting like Peyton Manning just went down and now the Broncos are FUCKED! This is the Browns and Hoyer. Not quite the same thing. This kid was playing well, but he wasn't playing "out of his mind" or anything like that. Cameron is a guy that never registered, and Gordon is proving to be the real deal.

It's amazing how much better a QB can look with respectable weapons. Let's also not forget that this line is blocking better every week, too. I don't think that Hoyer is some pro bowler while Weeden should just GTFO of the league. Truth be told, I'm guessing that the two aren't all that far apart in talent level. If Weeden can just get used to getting rid of the ball quicker, whether to complete or throw away a pass, he can do things similar to that which Hoyer was doing. Less accurate with a bigger arm.

I think the thing is that the Brown for a few years now haven't had a QB that is decent or showed signs of some potential, I mean they have Weeden now and Colt before hand that couldn't really produce on the field. Hoyer isn't a Manning but for the Browns he is a QB that can actually get the ball to the weapons that the Browns have in Jordan and Gordon.

When your not used to having a QB that can actually throw, when you get one and he goes down a fan base no matter the team or how much of a star he is on the NFL QB list, that fan base is going to be pissed he's missing for the season.

The thing is though that Weeden can throw. He doesn't always throw it where you want him to, but he can throw. All he really has to do is limit the sacks—help him out O-line—and things won't be all that different imo. He didn't have Gordon this season. Hoyer did, and that's a big difference right there. I don't think Weeden will lead them to the promise land, but I didn't think Hoyer would either. They're still drafting a QB next season, no matter who's at the helm for the rest of 2013. None of this really even matters..

I don't think anyone is comparing Hoyer to Peyton Manning that's an asinine way to view the disappointment from Brown's fans that Hoyer is hurt. Hoyer isn't manning but he sure as fuck ran the offense well. I am disappointed Hoyer is hurt. I was impressed with him. I think he is better than Weeden. Why the fuck you care about how Brown's fans feel? Hoyer is fucking God compared to the quarterbacks the Brown's have had lately.

I don't think anyone is comparing Hoyer to Peyton Manning that's an asinine way to view the disappointment from Brown's fans that Hoyer is hurt. Hoyer isn't manning but he sure as fuck ran the offense well. I am disappointed Hoyer is hurt. I was impressed with him. I think he is better than Weeden. Why the fuck you care about how Brown's fans feel? Hoyer is fucking God compared to the quarterbacks the Brown's have had lately.

Fucking because I fucking live in fucking Akron. Fuck. I am fucking surrounded by fucking Browns fans and their fucking feelings, all day every day.

I'm a Chiefs fan, but I like the Browns well enough. My problem with the overall outlook of the majority of Browns fans is that everyone who makes a good play or has a good game is the instant answer to all of the team's problems. Hoyer was a nice story, and I'm disappointed for the kid. I truly am, but he was not any kind of football savior. Truth be told, he probably doesn't/didn't factor into the teams plans going forward except as maybe a backup. He can still be that, so no big deal.

Why do you think they skipped over the backup and went right to the third guy when Weeden got hurt? If your answer is that making the depth chart in this fashion was a clever ruse to fool teams into thinking they'd given up and catch them off guard, you're most likely wrong. If your answer is because they've already written this year off and want to see if the kid would be worth keeping around on the depth chart next year, you're probably right.

I'd LOVE to see Cleveland in contention. My hometown would be a much happier place. I just don't see how anyone thought that Hoyer would be the guy to get them there. I think Weeden is just as likely to be the guy. Hoyer reminds me of every other QB that comes through KC. Damon Huard-esqu. Matt Cassel-esqu. Tyler Thigpen-esqu. He added a spark, but once the spark is gone, you're left with the same unburnt stack of kindling you had in the first place.

Yeah maybe you're right. I don't understand why anyone in Cleveland would be upset about the loss of a local guy who led their 0-2 team to two straight victories as underdogs while throwing for 600 yds 5 tds and completing 60% of his passes. No reason at all to be excited about him.

Edited by BUCK3Y3

Yeah maybe you're right. I don't understand why anyone in Cleveland would be upset about the loss of a local guy who led their 0-2 team to two straight victories as underdogs while throwing for 600 yds 5 tds and completing 60% of his passes. No reason at all to be excited about him.

Glad you're seeing it my way now. Lol. I've just seen this movie before. There was Holcomb, Colt, DA, Quinn. .. Everyone who gets them a win becomes "the guy. " Two games are just two games. One of the McCowns threw for 375ish in each of his fIrst two starts. I get why people liked the guy, but I wouldn't lose sleep over him not being the QB anymore. "