Dutch

If you could take a player from your opposing team this week...

Jurrell Casey, Michael Roos, Zach Brown, David Stewart and Andy Levitre are all head and shoulders better than anyone Seattle is currently starting at those positions. And a couple of their wide receivers would start for the Hawks as well. BC is just compensating.

Casey would be more of a lateral upgrade to Mebane. He's younger and cheaper but will need extension in 2014. We already have too many needing that. He'd be a one year rental for us which we don't need because he and Mebane are basically dead even production wise and scheme fit wise.

Roos is great. Agreed.

Zach Brown is a good LB. We already have good linebackers however. Not much of an upgrade. Certainly a downgrade at MLB. At outside though I'd like him over Bruce Irvin right now. Irvin is still a project having been moved there. Brown is the real deal already. Both have similar tools. Brown is just a better player. And considerably younger. He'd be the other guy I'd want.

Stewart is a salary cap nightmare. 7m for a right tackle? No way. Seattle doesn't even trade a 7th for him on his contract alone.

Levitre? Same deal. Actually worse deal. Next 4 seasons at close to 9m/yr. That's cap suicide. His contract is an anchor on the team's cap neck and will be for years.

These guys are better. But they aren't so much better for the cost. Levitre costs more than our Pro bowl left tackle. Stewart costs what we pay our entire OL outside of Okung and that included All Pro Max Unger. The Titans put down way WAY too much cap allotment on the OL. I wouldn't take on those contracts at all outside of Roos.

Jurrell Casey, Michael Roos, Zach Brown, David Stewart and Andy Levitre are all head and shoulders better than anyone Seattle is currently starting at those positions. And a couple of their wide receivers would start for the Hawks as well. BC is just compensating.

Casey would be more of a lateral upgrade to Mebane. He's younger and cheaper but will need extension in 2014. We already have too many needing that. He'd be a one year rental for us which we don't need because he and Mebane are basically dead even production wise and scheme fit wise.

Roos is great. Agreed.

Zach Brown is a good LB. We already have good linebackers however. Not much of an upgrade. Certainly a downgrade at MLB. At outside though I'd like him over Bruce Irvin right now. Irvin is still a project having been moved there. Brown is the real deal already. Both have similar tools. Brown is just a better player. And considerably younger. He'd be the other guy I'd want.

Stewart is a salary cap nightmare. 7m for a right tackle? No way. Seattle doesn't even trade a 7th for him on his contract alone.

Levitre? Same deal. Actually worse deal. Next 4 seasons at close to 9m/yr. That's cap suicide. His contract is an anchor on the team's cap neck and will be for years.

These guys are better. But they aren't so much better for the cost. Levitre costs more than our Pro bowl left tackle. Stewart costs what we pay our entire OL outside of Okung and that included All Pro Max Unger. The Titans put down way WAY too much cap allotment on the OL. I wouldn't take on those contracts at all outside of Roos.

Are contracts a consideration for this thread? I thought it was just an exercise where you identify a opposing player that would make your team better.

Edited by KempBolt

Roos is great. Agreed.

Are contracts a consideration for this thread? I thought it was just an exercise where you identify a opposing player that would make your team better.

Yeah, I didn't see that listed. Although for Seattle it matters a lot. Because we're entering the "We like/love this guy but we have to let him walk" phase of our rebuild. And from a philosophy standpoint, Seattle kind of builds in a revolving 4 year window structure. This team builds a sort of planned obsolescence into their roster. A central part of that is we play rookies and 2nd year guys a lot and let good players go and absorb the cost of the learning curve more.

For Seattle, not accounting for cap structure is giving a skewed evaluation of the roster. From what I saw, Levitre was on Seattle's radar as a priority signing. But the money the Titans threw at him was simply ridiculous. Not that Seattle couldn't pay it. But it was a stupid signing that was better left for other bad GMs to make. That in particular led me to go the salary cap route.

Truth be told, cap value and structure of dead money is probably as important as talent alone when looking at configuring your roster. For simple fun though, cap notwithstanding, we'd love Stewart or Roos and Levitre. I wouldn't take both tackles, as I don't see them as upgrades to Okung.

We're not going into cap stuff in here, this is just a "who would help your team"- I think just for one week too. Verner has to be on the list.

Give me Matt Ryan please. Been looking for a franchise QB for over 30 years now. :(

wasn't rule #1 no QBs? would often make the answer way too easy

anyway, from our opponent this week, Frank Gore is tempting, get a real power back with CJ, but with the issues we've had at MLB I think I'd have to go with Patrick Willis or Navarro Bowman, I don't know enough about the two to know who would better make the adjustment to the 4-3 but I think either would be a huge improvement

:jags:

We need more help on defense than offense, but with the way Justin Blackmon is playing I think that's has to be the guy I'd take from the Jags. I don't t know if this is technically correct, but the way I'm looking at this thread is who I would take for this one game and then give back. So how guys are playing in the moment is a big consideration. Blackmon, Allen, Brown, and Royal would be a nice group of receiving targets.

wasn't rule #1 no QBs? would often make the answer way too easy

anyway, from our opponent this week, Frank Gore is tempting, get a real power back with CJ, but with the issues we've had at MLB I think I'd have to go with Patrick Willis or Navarro Bowman, I don't know enough about the two to know who would better make the adjustment to the 4-3 but I think either would be a huge improvement

I'd go with Patrick Willis. He's had experience in the 4-3 before they moved to the 3-4. Bowman is a stud but he's had the benefit of playing next to a sure fire Hall of Famer (if he keeps it up) in Patrick Willis since he came into the league. Never saw Bowman lead the ship by himself (not saying he can't) as to where Patrick Willis was a stud holding the defense down by himself before that unit was even considered good.

:jags:

We need more help on defense than offense, but with the way Justin Blackmon is playing I think that's has to be the guy I'd take from the Jags. I don't t know if this is technically correct, but the way I'm looking at this thread is who I would take for this one game and then give back. So how guys are playing in the moment is a big consideration. Blackmon, Allen, Brown, and Royal would be a nice group of receiving targets.

I really didn't clarify if it was for one week or not but I was thinking alone the terms of just having the benefit of having that player on your roster.

:Cowboys:

Dez Bryant no question. I almost went with Brandon Carr considering our secondary situation but the concept of having a Dez Bryant with how talented he is AND in our offense is just mind boggling. Bryant is a monster who is one of the most athletically gifted WRs in the league and as of right now the most dangerous WR in the league in the redzone. I was talking about Dmac always going offense but the prospect of having Dez Bryant, Lesean Mccoy and Desean Jackson on the same offense is ridiculous. The attention Dez would warrant would open up so much for Desean Jackson and teams still have to worry about Shady; that would be a nightmare. I simply can't pass that up regardless how bad our defense is. It's still early but Bradley Fletcher and Brandon Boykin are coming into their own but the addition of Brandon Carr can't surpass the impact Dez Bryant would have on our team.

Edited by dutchff7

Yep, definitely definitely Willis.

For this week with the injuries to both Randall Cobb and James Jones it would be nice to have a Josh Gordon as a wideout to help Aaron Rodgers.

Missed this but the question is easy. Muhammad Wilkerson :yep:

Hmmmmm.

This is an interesting call. I think Cortland Finnegan or Janoris Jenkins.

Hmmmmm.

This is an interesting call. I think Cortland Finnegan or Janoris Jenkins.

Cortland Finnegan has been garbage this year from what I've seen and read on Rams games. Jenkins is a stud though.

Edited by KempBolt

Calais Campbell for the baddest pass rush eva :rock:

Yeah I know, Larry Fitzgerald. Boring answer.

Eh... the Giants....

I want to say Victor Cruz, but I don't know the Giants' roster in-and-out very well.

I'd go with Patrick Willis. He's had experience in the 4-3 before they moved to the 3-4. Bowman is a stud but he's had the benefit of playing next to a sure fire Hall of Famer (if he keeps it up) in Patrick Willis since he came into the league. Never saw Bowman lead the ship by himself (not saying he can't) as to where Patrick Willis was a stud holding the defense down by himself before that unit was even considered good.

Yep, definitely definitely Willis.

I was definitely leaning Willis, but I know Bowmann has been playing really well lately and Willis has been hurt, so however that factors in, if it's this week only I think I go with Bowmann, but long term definitely Willis

The first thought was Calvin. But why have two good WRs not getting good passes? Stafford, since Calvin is not 100%

Edited by Chernobyl426

We can't do QBs, though. Otherwise, I would probably take Eli because - despite his shitastic season - he is better than any QB we have on our roster.

Aaron Rodgers

Qbs are excluded.

We can't do QBs, though. Otherwise, I would probably take Eli because - despite his shitastic season - he is better than any QB we have on our roster.

Uhh, so who would you take lol?

Uhh, so who would you take lol?

Eh... the Giants....

I want to say Victor Cruz, but I don't know the Giants' roster in-and-out very well.

If not a QB, give me Tony Gonzalez. We need a TE really badly and Gonzo is one of the greatest to ever play the game.

I'm not sure. I'd take Marshall Yanda, Ray Rice or Lardarius Webb.

Cameron Wake? Is he still good?

Cameron Wake? Is he still good?

Yep.

For the Titans I'd go with Kendall Wright or Verner.