Vin

Seahawks @ Rams

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/preview.asp?g=20131028014&home=14&vis=26

(AP) -- The Seahawks have looked like the class of the NFC on the way to their best start.

With Sam Bradford lost for the rest of the season, the St. Louis Rams should pose little threat to Seattle's momentum.

The Seahawks, who could see the return of Percy Harvin, seek their 15th win in the last 17 meetings with the Rams when they visit St. Louis on Monday night.

Seattle (6-1) has already matched last season's total for road wins (3) after a 34-22 victory at Arizona last Thursday. The Seahawks haven't won four games away from home since 2006. The single-season franchise record is five, set in 1984 and matched in 2005.

The team's dominant defense is second in the league in total yardage allowed (282.1 per game) while limiting opponents to an average of 16.6 points.

The Seahawks' offense is also rolling, ranking fourth in scoring with 27.3 points per game. Russell Wilson's 97.2 passer rating is seventh-best in the NFL, while Marshawn Lynch's 578 yards on the ground trail only Philadelphia's LeSean McCoy.

The team's lone loss was a 34-28 setback at Indianapolis on Oct. 6.

"It feels like we are still growing," said coach Pete Carroll, who gave his team four days off following Thursday's victory. "We are still a very young team and it feels that way. We have enough firepower in a lot of areas to overcome the things that are going in the wrong direction but we are playing good, solid football."

The Rams (3-4) are expected to give Kellen Clemens his 13th career start under center after Bradford suffered a torn left ACL in a 30-15 loss at Carolina last weekend. Bradford will have surgery in the next 2-3 weeks after the swelling goes down.

The fourth-year starter had thrown 14 touchdowns with four interceptions and his 90.9 passer rating was a career best.

"He was playing very, very well, not only yesterday but was just improving weekly," Fisher said Monday after Bradford went 21 of 30 for 255 yards with a TD and a pick against the Panthers. "The challenge is obvious in this world when you have an impact player go down."

Clemens is familiar with the offensive scheme after serving as Bradford's backup for the last two years. He also worked under offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer during his tenure with the New York Jets.

The eighth-year pro completed 52.7 percent of his passes for 546 yards, two TDs and one interception over three starts in 2011 while Bradford was sidelined with a high ankle sprain.

St. Louis also signed Brady Quinn after he was cut by the Jets on Monday, as well as Austin Davis, who was cut by St. Louis before the opener. Davis was the Rams' No. 3 quarterback last season.

"Somebody's got to play," said Clemens, who has a 62.2 career passer rating in 31 games. "So I'll go out there and do the best job I can and try to help this team win some games."

Clemens faces a defense tied for fourth in the NFL with 23 sacks after it recorded seven against Carson Palmer last week.

Rams rookie Zac Stacy - who has 210 yards on 49 carries in his first three starts - also appears to be in for a challenge with the Seahawks ranking sixth against the run. Arizona ran 18 times for only 30 yards last week.

Harvin hasn't been ruled out from making his Seattle debut after practicing Tuesday for the first time since undergoing hip surgery in August. Carroll remains cautious regarding his status, but Harvin is already far ahead of schedule after it was initially thought he might miss the entire season.

The dynamic receiver, acquired from Minnesota in exchange for three draft picks, including a first-rounder in April, hasn't played since Nov. 4 after an ankle injury ended his 2012 season.

"It's all day-to-day," said Harvin, who caught four passes for 66 yards as a rookie in his only career game versus St. Louis on Oct. 11, 2009. "I want to play as soon as possible, but we all want to be smart in this thing. We put a plan together and we're just going to take it day by day and see how it feels."

While the Seahawks are 14-2 in the series since 2005, they have lost on two of their last three trips to St. Louis, including a 19-13 defeat last year. Wilson was picked off three times, just one of two multi-interception performances in his 23-game career.

Screen game is gonna be so deadly if Harvin comes back this week.

I don't see St. Louis scoring more than 10 offensive points.

Their defense is however very good. They are frequently a handful for Seattle in their house.

:Seahawks: 27

:Rams: 9

Not crazy enough to call this an easy win, but if they ask Clemens / Quinn / Tebow to do anything besides check it down, the game will be over too fast.

Harvin has been ruled out.

Still. We rape.

:Seahawks: 36

:Rams: 12

Seahawks declared FB Derrick Coleman, RT Breno Giacomini, S Jeron Johnson, QB B.J. Daniels, T Caylin Hauptmann, DE Benson Mayowa, and DT Jordan Hill inactive for

Monday night's Week 8 game against the Rams.

Coleman is out with a hamstring injury. Giacomini should be back from a knee issue in a couple weeks. All three of Golden Tate (shoulder), Bobby Wagner (ankle), and Christine Michael (illness) are active, as expected.

Rams declared RB Isaiah Pead a healthy inactive for Monday night's Week 8 game against the Seahawks.

Even with Benny Cunningham (ankle) also inactive, Pead still can't crack the game-day 46. Zac Stacy and Daryl Richardson will handle backfield duties.
Also inactive for the Rams are QB Brady Quinn, G/C Barrett Jones, T Mike Person, and DE Gerald Rivers. Cortland Finnegan (thigh) and C Scott Wells (thigh) are active.

This game. This fucking game. I should have known better. I really should have. The Rams have always had our number. I thought with Bradford out this would be easier, but once again that defense just molested us. Honestly we deserved to lose this game the way our offense played. Luckily our defense saved our asses. Really REALLY good game Rams. Mad props. I think I may need some heart medication on hand when you come to Seattle in week 17.

I don't think we have any Rams fans who come around. Kinda sad actually.

Oh. That's disappointing. I thought we had at least a couple. We usually have at least one guy active for every team here. Well either way that game was a nightmare to watch. We were a yard away from disaster. We need to do something about our O-line before Wilson gets killed.

Seahawks need to get HFA for the playoffs or they're fucked.

That's a bunch of crap. With a healthy O-line we would have run up and down the field all over their asses.

Oh no. Seattle won a close game against a bad team. :panic:

That's a bunch of crap. With a healthy O-line we would have run up and down the field all over their asses.

Nah Long and Quinn can do what they do to anybody.

Two things.

1) The Rams always play us tough, and last year they beat and tied the Niners. Some teams just match up well against others regardless of record. Especially when it's a divisional matchup.

2) The Chiefs have done nothing but win close games against bad teams and they're considered elite. Why do the Chiefs get praise for winning close defensive battles but when the Seahawks do it suddenly the Seahawks are overrated and getting "lucky" wins?

3) Okay three things. That O-line is probably the worst in the league until Okung and Giacomini return. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY but Russell Wilson could play behind that and still be healthy let alone have us at 7-1.

I'm so tired of this. No, we haven't been putting teams away like the Niners are. Yes, we need to get our offense back on track, but you know something? I'd like to see Kaepernick stand behind this line and do anything but eat turf. The Seahawks aren't "overrated", and they're not "crap on the road". We played a tough game against a divisional opponent who always plays us strong. a divisional opponent who mauled a backup O-line with a top of the league pass-rush, and our defense got us through it. Just wait until our o-line gets healthy and Wilson has more than three tenths of a second to throw. Then we'll see whose "overrated".

Edited by Jayrus
  • Downvote 1

Two things.

1) The Rams always play us tough, and last year they beat and tied the Niners. Some teams just match up well against others regardless of record. Especially when it's a divisional matchup.

2) The Chiefs have done nothing but win close games against bad teams and they're considered elite. Why do the Chiefs get praise for winning close defensive battles but when the Seahawks do it suddenly the Seahawks are overrated and getting "lucky" wins?

3) Okay three things. That O-line is probably the worst in the league until Okung and Giacomini return. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY but Russell Wilson could play behind that and still be healthy let alone have us at 7-1.

I'm so tired of this. No, we haven't been putting teams away like the Niners are. Yes, we need to get our offense back on track, but you know something? I'd like to see Kaepernick stand behind this line and do anything but eat turf. The Seahawks aren't "overrated", and they're not "crap on the road". We played a tough game against a divisional opponent who always plays us strong. a divisional opponent who mauled a backup O-line with a top of the league pass-rush, and our defense got us through it. Just wait until our o-line gets healthy and Wilson has more than three tenths of a second to throw. Then we'll see whose "overrated".

lol. Thanks for making my point for me. It was sarcasm because that's all that people say about the Chiefs.

So I can put you down as a "Yes" for are the Chiefs for real. Thank you, and have a nice day.

• Upvote 1

St. Louis has been doing this to the entire division for 2 years now. That team is so tantalizingly close to being a solid playoff team. They've just been miserable at finding WR talent for years now.

Seattle is perfectly at home in these types of ugly games. We are built to persevere in exactly these kinds of games, and our record is excellent down in the filth of ugliness.

I didn't think we'd stink it up like that. But I figured we'd hold them to under 10. Ultimately, that's the best DE tandem in the NFL and they feasted on backup caliber tackles.

Wow you Hawks fans are funny. Bowe's sarcasm was so obvious as a Chiefs fan lol.

Regardless, Seattle probably loses that game if Zuerlein hits the 50-yard FG. But its a division game, so I think that plays into it a lot.

Still, I concur that if Seattle doesn't get HFA, I don't see them making the Superbowl.

• Upvote 2

Wow you Hawks fans are funny. Bowe's sarcasm was so obvious as a Chiefs fan lol.

Regardless, Seattle probably loses that game if Zuerlein hits the 50-yard FG. But its a division game, so I think that plays into it a lot.

Still, I concur that if Seattle doesn't get HFA, I don't see them making the Superbowl.

The lulz just keep on coming around here, right?