Bucman

Official 2014 NBA OffSeason

Sorry. I might need some time to get readjusted to NBA Bware.

Durant and Westbrook dominate the ball because they're both great players with the ball and don't really have scoring threats around them. OKC has been one of the best teams in the league the last few years, so why knock what works?

I guess I wouldn't say I'm knocking it. I just understand what Kevin Martin means. He's a great scorer, and has been for most of his career, so he probably felt like he wasn't able to get into any real rhythm without his usual touches last year. He's not at his best in a diminished role, because he thrives on getting to the line and getting into a rhythm with his shot. He needs his minutes and his touches to make that happen.

Celtics played well tonight but just couldn't make any shots in the 4th quarter. Got open looks, just couldn't get them to fall. Last night they lost because they kept turning the ball over. I think I underestimated how bad this team is without Rondo. If he were to sit out the entire season I think we'd win 10 games.

Wiggins/Parker/Smart/Randle looks like one of em will be coming to Boston. :megusta:

Edited by BradyFan81

Guest Phailadelphia

Has Olynyk looked better? What little I saw of him in preseason he looked completely lost.

He had a ton of open looks tonight but couldn't get any of them to fall. Just an off night for him tonight, he's shot it better in previous games. I like his compete level though, he fights for every loose ball. This was definitely his worst game of the season but I expect him to shoot it better going forward. He really has no post game and he tends to hang out around the perimeter too much which is pretty annoying. I need more time to tell if he is a player worth keeping around for the rebuild.

It's time to demote Jeremy Lin to 3rd string. He's that bad, especially defensively. He's Jimmer Fredette bad. He puts forth an effort, but he's just not good enough offensively to make up for it. Guys like Melo, Harden, and Kyrie can get by, but Lin just isn't good enough, offensively, to pull it off.

Guest Phailadelphia

Harden is as bad as Lin on the perimeter, he's just big enough not to get bullied by stronger players.

Edited by Phailadelphia

Jeremy Lin is one disappointing fortune cookie.

The Magic don't look half bad. We had two rough road losses to good teams but then blew out the Pelicans and Nets at home. Oladipo isn't dominating as a scorer, but he does it all. So far he has 13.8 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 4.0 apg and 1.7 spg. Turnovers are an early problem though, but that is something you expect to improve with experience.

Roy Hibbert put a ton of muscle on in the offseason. Damn.

Great all around effort by the Suns tonight. Gerald Green is proving to be a force, and the Morris twins are really coming along in their development nicely as all-around two-way players. Love it.

I've been really impressed with Miles Plumlee. I never thought he could be a viable NBA player.

I really want to see Marcus succeed, man. I think he's got real potential if he can just develop some consistency. He'll have to be a late bloomer, but oh well.

I really hope we re-sign the twins and continue their development. If there is anything the Suns have -- it's time.

It's odd how we are going into and winning these games. The first two games we used MIles and the inside game heavily but also had a huge advantage in fast break points. The last couple of games (one being a loss to OKC) we haven't used Miles as much, are spreading the floor, and jacking 3's like mad men.

Regardless of the strategy we incorporate though, it's always high energy. The guys on that team now are working hard and making every minute count, which is such a drastic shift from even a season ago. Make no doubt about it, there is A LOT to do still... But new GM Ryan McDonough and coach Jeff Hornacek have completely altered the culture of the Suns in less than a year.

Any idea how long Dragic is out?

He should only miss another game or two I imagine, for precautionary reasons. It wasn't all that serious of a sprain, or so I have read.

One ref just stole the game from the Suns by falling for an obvious, OBVIOUS Manu Ginobili flop. One of the worst late game calls I've ever seen in the countless games of basketball I've watched.

And this is me with no particular investment in either team, just looking to watch a good game. There are no rose colored glasses, here.

What a crock of shit. I thought they weren't supposed to fall for this stuff anymore?

Tony Parker being Tony Parker.

Tony made all of this shots in the fourth, Bledsoe missed all of his.

I like the energy of the Suns - got some nice young pieces in place.

Tony Parker being Tony Parker.

Tony made all of this shots in the fourth, Bledsoe missed all of his.

I like the energy of the Suns - got some nice young pieces in place.

Good to see you back again! Surprised you ain't busting my chops over my last post :p

Not sure why Steven Adams just got called for a T. It was an inadvertent elbow lol.

Guest Phailadelphia

This is the Thunder team I've been waiting to see.

@ Bware - your complaints about refs blowing games dont phase me anymore lol. Happens to every team both ways.

Anthony Bennett has had an absolute nightmare beginning to his career - 1/20 from the field?

This is the Thunder team I've been waiting to see.

Steven Adams is massive. I can't believe they called that T on him, though.

Lamb looks like that odd combination of very raw overall but a good enough shooter to make giving him minutes worth it.

Guest Phailadelphia

Yeah, he's a huge human being. And he's looking really good for a guy that was supposed to be a raw rookie. Arguably OKC's best center so far.

Lamb is a lot less raw than he looks. Think he's just trying to adjust to the speed of the pro game vs the d-league. He's got a wealth of offensive talent.