Bucman

Official 2014 NBA OffSeason

Until Durant stops focusing only on his scoring, the Thunder will never accomplish anything.

The Spures just pushed around the Phoenix starting lineup tonight. Both teams went inside a lot and the result was 50% FG from both teams, ha. >_>

Watching the Pacers tonight was a lot of fun, too. Hibbert is a rejection machine... and so many guys contributed tonight. Good stuff.

The Sixers aren't going to be competing for a playoff spot this year but atm I don't see us getting the number 1 pick. Really like what Brett Brown has been able to get out of this roster to this point. Especially Evan Turner. I expected him to score more and take more shots in general but he's getting to the line and just making a much higher % of shots than he was before. If he can keep playing like this I wouldn't be opposed to offering him a new deal if he even wants to stay in Philly but I really think we can turn either Turner, Hawes or Young into another first round pick or a couple picks and have plenty of money to go out and get an impact player in FA on top of those picks for rental players.

If we could have MCW, Noel, and 3 or 4 first round picks in this draft plus a marquee FA we could have a very young, very athletic and talented team with a real good young coach. If everything pans out the Sixers could be in excellent shape even if they don't win the Wiggins sweepstakes. Even J-Rich's contract will be off the books in 2015. I really like what Hinkie is putting together here.

Kevin Love is doing amazing out there right now. Great to see my T-Wolves, Rockets, and Warriors all finally doing good.

The Spures just pushed around the Phoenix starting lineup tonight. Both teams went inside a lot and the result was 50% FG from both teams, ha. >_>

Watching the Pacers tonight was a lot of fun, too. Hibbert is a rejection machine... and so many guys contributed tonight. Good stuff.

Roy Hibbert is as good as advertised, imo. Some people look at his pedestrian stats (PPG, mostly) and assume otherwise. It's amazing how much Roy Hibbert can affect a game without lighting up the stat sheet.

Harden is on pace for like, 20 FTs. O_O

Ballers gonna ball.

I have a hard time watching an NBA game from start to finish. Even NCAA games sometimes but when it gets close then I can tune in with no problem.

Well that was an exciting end. Howard needs to learn how to make a foul shot.

God damn it, Dwight. 5/16 on free throws is how you cost your team the game? Shit, I could go to the court right now and hit 8/16 and I'm shit at basketball.

Meh. It's one game, and Dwight's stroke looks better overall. He's going to have these kinds of can't-hit-anything games. I think he'll still have a better percentage by the end of the season.

Look at these Lakers, though. Road victories over LAC and Houston. They're not going to beat those two teams in anything meaningful, but I don't think we can be anything but impressed with what they've done so far.

Guest Phailadelphia

Harden's defense is incredible.

Guest Phailadelphia

Holy crap Steven Adams is SO GOOD. And he's still super raw!

• Upvote 1

Can't believe Piston fans want Cheeks gone after just 5 games. But I can't blame them, I do too. This guy's rotations are so awful. My God. Stuckey and Bynum on the court? At the same time? Putting DATOME at the 4 when Moose is at the 5?

Bynum and Stuckey on the court at the same time should be enough to get you arrested.

Markieff Morris went an ungodly 10-13 from the field, grabbed 10 boards, and had a few steals in there as well :rock: I know our coaches like Archie Goodwin a lot, but man.. he really hurts us when he is on the court. Huge liability right now. Wish we could get him some more minutes, but he just can not play any kind of defense whatsoever. He seems to have a bright future, but thankfully that future isn't happening right now.

Guest Phailadelphia

Can't believe Piston fans want Cheeks gone after just 5 games. But I can't blame them, I do too. This guy's rotations are so awful. My God. Stuckey and Bynum on the court? At the same time? Putting DATOME at the 4 when Moose is at the 5?

Bynum and Stuckey on the court at the same time should be enough to get you arrested.

What was Mo doing trying to guard KD in the 4th with Stuckey? :laugh:

• Upvote 1

Markieff and Marcus can drop mid twenties once in awhile, but I'm waiting for one of them to get to that 14-18 ppg mark. They're plenty capable. They just need a little consistency. Marcus is more versatile, and is a pretty damn good defender, so he's more likely to be consistent on the defensive end and hitting threes.

Shave or wax that damned unibrow, Anthony.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Marcus had a nice game, as well... :yep: It just seems like Markieff is a step ahead of him as far as consistency goes at this juncture. It wasn't until the Suns put them both on the court together late in the game that they finally puled away from a rather ugly looking Denver team.

And I know I've said this already but... Gerald Green might be the real X Factor so far. What a nice little role player he is... I really under estimated the impact he could have when he was shipped over here.

Marcus had a nice game, as well... :yep: It just seems like Markieff is a step ahead of him as far as consistency goes at this juncture. It wasn't until the Suns put them both on the court together late in the game that they finally puled away from a rather ugly looking Denver team.

And I know I've said this already but... Gerald Green might be the real X Factor so far. What a nice little role player he is... I really under estimated the impact he could have when he was shipped over here.

It's crazy how different they are, physically. Markieff has really beefed up, whereas it appears that Marcus is getting more lean so he can play 2 positions.

2009-10 Nets > 2013-14 Nets.

Pacers remain undefeated. Bware ecstatic.

• Downvote 1

Magic have now lost 2 in a row and Oladipo has hit a bit of a rookie wall. Teams are defending him aggressively and he's having a hard time. It is a good learning experience for him though, IMO. I just can't wait for Tobias Harris to come back.

It is really fucking frustrating that Dwight and Omer have to compensate so much for Houston's perimeter defense that DeAndre and Blake go off.

They should be able to shut those two down even more effectively than Marc and ZBo, but Dwight and Omer don't have Conley and Allen defending the shit out of the backcourt.

Guest Phailadelphia

Yeah, and it seems like the guards think Asik/Howard can cover up their defensive woes on the perimeter, so they're playing even worse D than they did last year. Rockets definitely have some issues to work out.

Yeah, and it seems like the guards think Asik/Howard can cover up their defensive woes on the perimeter, so they're playing even worse D than they did last year. Rockets definitely have some issues to work out.

I think they'll be a great team, eventually, but James Harden has to decide to play defense. He is so bad, man. It's ALL him, too, with the starting lineup. Beverly and Parsons are fine, but Harden doesn't pay attention, allows way too much movement, and makes awful screen decisions. Almost always goes under.

Everyone thought that Asik/Howard wouldn't work because they wouldn't be able to guard fours. It doesn't work because of James Harden.

It's time to go back to Beverly/Harden/Garcia/Parsons/Howard and allow James to guard slower players who don't move as much. He defended Ibaka really well in last year's playoff series.

Edited by BwareDWare94

The Magic had some shitty perimeter defenders and still were elite for several years. I'm just not sure Dwight will ever play at that level again. He isn't really skilled, just an amazing athlete who took advantage of it. With some injuries slowing him down, he isn't the same guy.

Not to say he is bad by any means, but the Dwight Howard I say play here in Orlando was a guy who could single handily give your team a chance to win it all. I don't think he is THAT good after the back injury.