Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

BCS Chaos

Okay, so we all know that the #1 team in the country has been dethroned by Auburn in dramatic fashion. I think it's reasonable to assume that Florida State will inherit the #1 spot in the BCS, but who ends up with #2? I think Ohio State gets it this week, but what are the chances the winner of the SEC Championship Game jumps them?

Edit: Just to add to it, it seems Auburn's athletic director has already started the politics.

https://twitter.com/DanWolken/status/406961288502181888

Edited by SteVo

You can look at both Florida State and Ohio State schedules and they are pretty even at this point. Auburns lone loss came against LSU. I don't think they have the schedule fire power to leap over the Seminoles or the Buckeyes.

You can look at both Florida State and Ohio State schedules and they are pretty even at this point. Auburns lone loss came against LSU. I don't think they have the schedule fire power to leap over the Seminoles or the Buckeyes.

You can argue that FSU and OSU have similar schedules, but the Seminoles' margin of victory has been considerably more impressive. That 51-14 win against Clemson speaks for itself. Meanwhile, Ohio State has beaten Wisconsin, Northwestern, Iowa, and Michigan by a combined 28 points. If there's a case to be made for either of the unbeatens to drop, it's Ohio State.

It's terribly unfortunate that seasons come down to debates like this, but such is the dynamic of the BCS. Thankfully it's the last year we have to put up with this nonsense.

Edited by SteVo

Even as someone who could greatly benefit from a 1-loss SEC champ in the title game, I don't put Mizzou or Auburn in unless Ohio State/Florida State loses.

Ohio State shouldn't even be ranked. It's their fault the Big Ten isn't up to par. Probably wouldn't be able to beat most of the FCS. /everyone

Auburn definitely deserves to go in over OSU at the moment. LSU is not a bad loss at all. And Alabama is the biggest win of all season for ANY team. Would OSU be undefeated in the SEC? FUCK NO! Says it all IMO.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if both of these teams lose in their conference championship games. Mizzou is for real and MSU is a really good defensive team. Both are interesting match ups.

You can argue that FSU and OSU have similar schedules, but the Seminoles' margin of victory has been considerably more impressive. That 51-14 win against Clemson speaks for itself. Meanwhile, Ohio State has beaten Wisconsin, Northwestern, Iowa, and Michigan by a combined 28 points. If there's a case to be made for either of the unbeatens to drop, it's Ohio State.

It's terribly unfortunate that seasons come down to debates like this, but such is the dynamic of the BCS. Thankfully it's the last year we have to put up with this nonsense.

Margin of victory does not matter for the computer rankings. The Harris and USA coaches poll can though.

Edited by Glennon4Ever

I'm not one to bash on Michigan State because I enjoy watching them, but their defense preys upon the Big Ten. They would likely be an elite defense in other conferences, but let's face it... David Cobb rushed for 100 yards on them yesterday. His YPC was pitiful and they shut him down in the red zone, but 100 yards is 100 yards. Their offense is streaky, and could hardly move the ball on the Gophers. Their defense wins them games, but how can it handle itself against an elite offense with two elite playmakers in Miller and Hyde?

It will be a great game, and I'm not saying the duo will rape for sure. I'm very much looking forward to this game, and how MSU tries to handle Braxton and Carlos.

I think FSU will win it all if Jameis stays in. It'd benefit OSU for him to be out, but I'm not going to wish him ill simply for the benefit of a college football team.