AL_Royalty

Ohio State is new #2. Thoughts?

It still rings true here. It says nothing about comparing it's saying how does a 12-1 team from the SEC with that throttle of a schedule get left which is going to happen one way or the other.

If it's not even meant in the way that you're using it, meaning that you've taken it out of context, how the hell does it ring true? If he's talking about a one loss team vs. a one loss team, you're just playing Bill O'Reilly. Way to put your own spin on something that has nothing to do with your argument. A current affair wants their anchor back.

I wasn't saying that the first 12 games should be factored into the voting. I was saying that it plays a factor in their current ranking, which it clearly does. You've admitted as much. Do you think that if the Buckeyes went 6-6 last season they would have been ranked #2 to start the year based on what was expected of them this season? if you respond to that with anything other than a flat out "no" you're just being a :troll: Add to that the fact that their 12-0 THIS season to keep their ranking as high as it is while everyone in front of them FUCKING LOST, and you get tOSU playing in the NCG with FSU.

Who knows if they'll bet blown out or not (well apparently you and everyone else does. Start gambling heavily if you can see the future.) . Hell, they still have to beat Michigan State. If they do that though, they deserve the chance to get blown out, because they earned it. You really believe that a team who was ranked #2 in the country and won every game that they played while all but one team ranked ahead of them has lost doesn't deserve a chance to face their accusers? An undefeated team WON themselves out of their ranking Is what you're saying, and it makes no sense when everyone else LOST their way out of theirs.

EDIT: Almost forgot. HERP-DURP-DURPITTY-DURP!

Okay if you're not saying it should be factored in this season then you agree with me that it'd be stupid for voters at this point in the season to factor in last year. Which is what I've been saying this whole time. Duh.

Meyer has only lost one Bowl game and that was by 6 points. Just saying. How about we all wait and see after the MSU game is over lol.

• Upvote 1

First to BJORN: My point isn't that Auburn isn't good because they won those close games. My point is that they're not this God team that everyone Is suddenly making them out to be. They're just as vulnerable as OSU is, and they're also just as tough, but they have one loss, so if OSU wins out they're in. Makes perfect sense to me. Also, you can't really judge who gets into the NCG off of what COULD happen IF team "A" WOULD have played in a different conference. Reason being: you and I and everyone else really have no idea what WOULD happen. If Batman would have had to face all those super villains without his gadgets, it would have been a much shorter comic series. All we know is what did happen, and that is Auburn running through an SEC that has no defense currently, outside of LSU who still isn't playing "LSU defense" this season, and did it in dramatic fashion. OSU did the same thing in a conference that is pretty offensively challenged right now.

I agree with the bolded part. And I agree OSU will go to the National Championship if they beat MSU. Commitee is definitely going to favor a undefeated B1G team. But I can judge them how I want as it is only my opinion. Since you are a Buckeyes fan, I do not expect you to agree with me. But you can't rule out SOS and just say "oh we are undefeated so we automatically get to go." In my eyes it shouldn't work like that. And I just don't believe OSU escapes Auburn's schedule undefeated. At best, they are a two loss SEC team IMO. I can draw that conclusion because I have seen OSU play and I have seen many of the SEC match ups. So yeah, I think Auburn deserves it more now and after the conference championship games if they both win.

Bar3wKKIUAAQRpr.jpg

I saw the comments above and understand that the quote originated in a significantly different scenario, but I do find it interesting and worth pointing out that his 1-loss SEC team shellacked an undefeated Ohio State team in that year's title game

Bar3wKKIUAAQRpr.jpg

I saw the comments above and understand that the quote originated in a significantly different scenario, but I do find it interesting and worth pointing out that his 1-loss SEC team shellacked an undefeated Ohio State team in that year's title game

... But you don't find it interesting that he is coaching the team that he shellacked in that year's title game? Is he just a super lucky guy who falls into insanely opportunistic situations in every job he lands? Luckiest guy ever?

Speaking of which, does anyone think that maybe, just possibly, in some small way, Urban having coached an SEC team to multiple titles might prove to be beneficial in the "Fraud Bowl?" No one thinks that having a coach who's won championships might prove beneficial to the Buckeyes?

... But you don't find it interesting that he is coaching the team that he shellacked in that year's title game?

that's actually pretty much exactly what I was pointing out

well, this whole discussion may be irrelevant in 2:08 of game time

• Upvote 1

LMAO THE Ohio State University.

/thread

• Upvote 2

Looks like once again there will be an SEC champion playing in the national title game. I will admit though that FSU looks tough at this point.

All is right with the college football world again.

@GeorgeSchroeder:

Surrounded by family, Urban Meyer eats postgame pizza very quietly in corridor beneath Lucas Oil Stadium.

Ba8OF9-CcAAdCeB.jpg

Rumor: Pizza courtesy of Auburn

:smug:

Typical Ohio State. Can't win the big games when it matters most. Suburban Meyer needs to fix that defense...

• Upvote 1

Typical Ohio State. Can't win the big games when it matters most. Suburban Meyer needs to fix that defense...

It's no surprise that they lost their one legit game.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

^ Not sure why that post was negged for being the truth. lol

^ Not sure why that post was negged for being the truth. lol

Ohio State fans are mad and still delusional :shrug:

They were 63rd before playing MSU. lol

They've played the likes of Wisconsin and Iowa. Regardless of your opinions of them, they are strong wins.

They were 63rd before playing MSU. lol

They've played the likes of Wisconsin and Iowa. Regardless of your opinions of them, they are strong wins.

Wisconsin is a good win, Iowa is just a win. Remember we are/were talking about a potential Championship team. Those two wins just shouldn't get you there. MSU was the big win to be had, for OSU to declare that they belong on the stage and they lost.

Wisconsin is a good win, Iowa is just a win. Remember we are/were talking about a potential Championship team. Those two wins just shouldn't get you there. MSU was the big win to be had, for OSU to declare that they belong on the stage and they lost.

They declared they belonged on the stage by winning their games. They had a shit schedule and a shit defense, but they still won their games. Florida State still has a lower SOS than OSU. They won their games, and they got to the stage. OSU lost their last game, but to say that they were frauds the entire time is complete bullshit and honestly irritating. While this streak doesn't have relevance to their title runs, what other team the past few years has won 24 in a row? I think people forget that, even with a weak schedule, that isn't an easy feat.

Wisconsin is not that good, lol. They lost AT Camp Randle to Penn State! So no, it's not regardless of anyone's opinions.